User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    intp

Default what is friendship?

-someone you talk to
    -someone you hang out with
    -who's there for you

I try to do all these things and I cannot seem to make any friends. The more I try to be social the more I dislike people. Everyone is so fake these days and only seem to care about themselves. In my life I never had a friend and I feel very lonely. There isn't anything interesting to talk about.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

-----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

The answer is cats.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3

I think it's about finding someone you don't feel you have to try to be anything other than yourself around.
    Friendship is quite chaotic and illogical. I think part of this is because people are weird (all of them, not a normal person in the world)
    Perhaps whatever you are doing, you need to not do. If you are actively searching for people to be friends with, maybe you're coming off as needy?
    I hope that you find a friend or two soon. Can be hard to be alone.

Ginkgo

Ficus.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Kriash View Post
    I think it's about finding someone you don't feel you have to try to be anything other than yourself around.
    Friendship is quite chaotic and illogical. I think part of this is because people are weird (all of them, not a normal person in the world)
    Perhaps whatever you are doing, you need to not do. If you are actively searching for people to be friends with, maybe you're coming off as needy?
    I hope that you find a friend or two soon. Can be hard to be alone.
    every person I hung out with felt comfortable around me. Most people see me as acquaintances rather than friends. Trying to figure out why I can't have a relationship with someone.

Quote Originally Posted by think2much View Post
    -someone you talk to
    -someone you hang out with
    -who's there for you

I try to do all these things and I cannot seem to make any friends. The more I try to be social the more I dislike people. Everyone is so fake these days and only seem to care about themselves. In my life I never had a friend and I feel very lonely. There isn't anything interesting to talk about.
    That is tough. People I'm friends with, yes we do all those things, but it started out because we both saw something we admired or valued in the other person or just 'clicked' in some way. Sense of humor or a common interest or clever conversation or something like that. You are initially drawn to one another and then put in effort to spend time together or look out for one another because the other person as an individual means something to you, and you mean something to her/him.

If you feel like everyone is interested only in themselves and that there's nothing worthwhile to discuss with people, then perhaps you are trying to make friends with people with whom you do not share a natural affinity. Or, it's possible that you are misinterpreting their signals (or they are misinterpreting your signals).
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    The answer is cats.
    Not really. Cats are selfish little bastards who just stink up your bathroom, use you for food, tear up the carpet, chew on the furniture, eat your roommates' pets (after endlessly tormenting them), and only come hang out when it's something they feel like doing regardless of how bad you need the attention.

They are just little narcissists.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    That is tough. People I'm friends with, yes we do all those things, but it started out because we both saw something we admired or valued in the other person or just 'clicked' in some way. Sense of humor or a common interest or clever conversation or something like that. You are initially drawn to one another and then put in effort to spend time together or look out for one another because the other person as an individual means something to you, and you mean something to her/him.

If you feel like everyone is interested only in themselves and that there's nothing worthwhile to discuss with people, then perhaps you are trying to make friends with people with whom you do not share a natural affinity. Or, it's possible that you are misinterpreting their signals (or they are misinterpreting your signals).
    Just wanted to second this!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Being an INTP doesn't help. We don't take things at face value and probably scrunitize our relationships far more excruciatingly than some others; we don't overtly show emotion or connection to others unless we make an effort; we seem rather detached, which can turn others away a bit even when we're really investing from our end.

But I think the first part has a big say in this -- I think we demand a lot more of "real" relationships, where most people seem to be able to feel close to each other without having to jump through so many hoops and experience some crazy amount of intensity. Look at family relationships, for example; people often don't challenge those, but we kind of expect there to be more than biology driving them.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft