• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Phobic ENTP 6w7's and developing Fe before Ti

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Have any of you other ENTP's developed your 3rd function before your second (Fe before Ti) and why do you think this happened? Personally I think that it is common for the phobic ENTP 6w7 to develop Fe before Ti. Why? There are a couple of reasons....

1. Ti being used by itself is very objective and can even come off as aggressive. When, one mistakenly comes off as aggressive this can lead to fights, which can lead to a more unsafe environment, bodily harm, or even a loss of social connections due to offending people. Since danger is what the phobic 6 mostly wants to avoid, I believe they many develop Fe first. If you think about it, Fe is a very diplomatic function, it is the most agreeable and non-offensive function of all the decision making functions. It in general seems like the "safest function" for the ENTP 6 to use, therefore it would make perfect sense to me that many ENTP 6's develop Fe before Ti.

2. If you read most phobic type 6 descriptions, you will see that they often wind up being co-dependent and many look to others to solve their problems. It would make a lot of sense to me that many phobic ENTP 6w7 types would commonly develop Fe first given this information. If you think about it, Ti is a very independent problem solving function, and ENTP's with strong Ti don't really need to look to others to make sure they are right. However, in order to effectively solve problems by one's self, an individual would have to trust themselves in order to solve the problems effectively. Now given that many phobic 6's don't trust themselves it would also make sense to me that the ENTP 6w7 would develop Fe first as well. Why you ask? Well if one developed Fe first it would eliminate the inner fear that one was not solving the problem correctly. In other words, instead of solving problems by themselves the ENTP could reach out to to the others (Fe) for solutions.

Does anyone else agree with my theory?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
or you re just wierd

occam's razor

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Wow. That really wasn't the answer I was expecting, but oh well at least I got some feedback.

In other words, instead of solving problems by themselves the ENTP could reach out to to the others (Fe) for solutions.
well, while creative team work is key in human output I thought you might need help with that. Getting that Ti out there and such.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
well, while creative team work is key in human output I thought you might need help with that. Getting that Ti out there and such.

I'm a strange one, I'll give you that. Although everyone agrees that I am an Ne dom. I actually contacted simulated world on PerN and he told me that I was an ENFP in an Ne<Te loop. The only problem is that I feel like my Te is trash.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I'm a strange one, I'll give you that. Although everyone agrees that I am an Ne dom. I actually contacted simulated world on PerN and he told me that I was an ENFP in an Ne<Te loop. The only problem is that I feel like my Te is trash.

Yeah you and I are in the same boat, paddling towards a collective of suns. But I dont see Te either, yet ENFP possibly makes more sense for me than ENTP.

madhatter

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't know if it has anything to do with a correlation to Enneagram, but I think it's perfectly normal to develop the the tertiary function to the same strength (if not more than) the auxiliary. I'm not sure why this happens, except to say that variations in the types are more numerous than the rigid hierarchical functional dynamic theory would let you think. I think I've mentioned this in our discussions about this over at PerC, but I'd say my Ni is just as strong as, if not stronger than, Se at times...it gives the impression that I'm an NT, and people have expressed surprise that I'm not a supposed "N".

Cartesian Theater

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w1
It is impossible to develop a tertiary function before the auxiliary because you need your auxiliary to help guide your thought process. Usually auxiliary develops around the age of 5-7 anyway, so I highly doubt that you never developed Ti as an ENTP. It is possible for phobic ENTPs to get stuck in a Ne-Fe loop, in which your focus is entirely on external abstract concepts (often seeking spiritual ideals or trying to 'solve' troubled people) and ignore your internal logic and personal ideas. This is a very unhealthy pattern that tends to occur in people who are psychologically damaged in some way. It's not a normal way for anybody to develop.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
The difference is that I actually act pretty damn ENTP though.

Yeah this is the only thing that's different between us. Most people would say I lack a certain...'sharpness' that ENTP's possess.

The thing is I do push buttons and have a faecitious sense of humour, but it seems very surpressed compared to what I see an ENTP to be like. I think in my case it is more to do with my countries culture of 'taking the piss' which each and every one of us is exposed to all our lives here. It's not so much about being thick skinned as it is a collective opinion that if you take anything jocular seriously, there is something wrong with you. Of course given human nature, it is more like collective hypocrisy.

This isn't really related to any type by the way, but there is a part of me that loves to be insulting, to tear up falsity and shove social norms in peoples faces. I despise being polite when im really pissed off, it's completely dishonest and serves no purpose but to grind up an individual inside. Take it out on those who deserve it, as soon as it comes, ive found that's the best method.

Just wish I could adhere to it at ALL times. Often I hypocritically dont.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Yeah this is the only thing that's different between us. Most people would say I lack a certain...'sharpness' that ENTP's possess.

The thing is I do push buttons and have a faecitious sense of humour, but it seems very surpressed compared to what I see an ENTP to be like. I think in my case it is more to do with my countries culture of 'taking the piss' which each and every one of us is exposed to all our lives here. It's not so much about being thick skinned as it is a collective opinion that if you take anything jocular seriously, there is something wrong with you. Of course given human nature, it is more like collective hypocrisy.

This isn't really related to any type by the way, but there is a part of me that loves to be insulting, to tear up falsity and shove social norms in peoples faces. I despise being polite when im really pissed off, it's completely dishonest and serves no purpose but to grind up an individual inside. Take it out on those who deserve it, as soon as it comes, ive found that's the best method.

Just wish I could adhere to it at ALL times. Often I hypocritically dont.

I can relate to this.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
*necropost after extensive googling*

If it's not too late to weigh in, I agree with your theory [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION], and I typologically relate. I speak as a stealth ENTP. I'd swear you to secrecy, but no one will ever believe you! :D

Do you still stand by your theory?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
*necropost after extensive googling*

If it's not too late to weigh in, I agree with your theory The Great One, and I typologically relate. I speak as a stealth ENTP. I'd swear you to secrecy, but no one will ever believe you! :D

Do you still stand by your theory?

Yes, I still stand by this theory strongly.

Amazonia

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have any of you other ENTP's developed your 3rd function before your second (Fe before Ti) and why do you think this happened? Personally I think that it is common for the phobic ENTP 6w7 to develop Fe before Ti. Why? There are a couple of reasons....

1. Ti being used by itself is very objective and can even come off as aggressive. When, one mistakenly comes off as aggressive this can lead to fights, which can lead to a more unsafe environment, bodily harm, or even a loss of social connections due to offending people. Since danger is what the phobic 6 mostly wants to avoid, I believe they many develop Fe first. If you think about it, Fe is a very diplomatic function, it is the most agreeable and non-offensive function of all the decision making functions. It in general seems like the "safest function" for the ENTP 6 to use, therefore it would make perfect sense to me that many ENTP 6's develop Fe before Ti.

2. If you read most phobic type 6 descriptions, you will see that they often wind up being co-dependent and many look to others to solve their problems. It would make a lot of sense to me that many phobic ENTP 6w7 types would commonly develop Fe first given this information. If you think about it, Ti is a very independent problem solving function, and ENTP's with strong Ti don't really need to look to others to make sure they are right. However, in order to effectively solve problems by one's self, an individual would have to trust themselves in order to solve the problems effectively. Now given that many phobic 6's don't trust themselves it would also make sense to me that the ENTP 6w7 would develop Fe first as well. Why you ask? Well if one developed Fe first it would eliminate the inner fear that one was not solving the problem correctly. In other words, instead of solving problems by themselves the ENTP could reach out to to the others (Fe) for solutions.

Does anyone else agree with my theory?

It's like you just peeked behind the curtain of my childhood/teen years. Also my Ne was pretty vividly focused on all the things that could go wrong and cause me to die a terrifying death, or on all the ways people might criticize or ostracize me if I spoke up in any way. I seemed like a pretty shy kid a lot of the time, and I have ALWAYS tested as an introvert. Then for awhile after I first got married, it was paranoia about all the ways my husband was cheating on me or otherwise emotionally "leaving" me. Yuck.

These days, there's lots more fun theorizing, brainstorming and scheming going on; life's much better. And now that I'm sharing my ideas more that's awesome, too, since the more I verbalize my theories (even talking out loud to myself), the greater clarity and insight I seem to gain. And people seem to be responding positively to what I offer.

Some social and physical awkwardness does remain for sure, as I have Si-inferior absent-mindedness out the yin yang and can also mentally withdraw into Ne-Ti fun times in my head if I'm bored with what's going on around me. Fe says sorry, everyone, especially to my mom who is an outgoing ISFJ 2w1, so with all the same functions but in total reverse. She modeled Fe so well I can look like her twin for awhile till I forget to call you back after I avoided your call in the first place.

Just found this post that seems to affirm some of what I just shared.

"Ne-Ti: ideation + analyzation = someone who can get very overwhelmed
Ne-Fe: ideation + external feeling function = someone who may become overly paranoid about social interactions"

Anyone else want to chime in with their own experience? Would love to resurrect this thread.

Permabanned
It's like you just peeked behind the curtain of my childhood/teen years. Also my Ne was pretty vividly focused on all the things that could go wrong and cause me to die a terrifying death, or on all the ways people might criticize or ostracize me if I spoke up in any way. I seemed like a pretty shy kid a lot of the time, and I have ALWAYS tested as an introvert. Then for awhile after I first got married, it was paranoia about all the ways my husband was cheating on me or otherwise emotionally "leaving" me. Yuck.

These days, there's lots more fun theorizing, brainstorming and scheming going on; life's much better. And now that I'm sharing my ideas more that's awesome, too, since the more I verbalize my theories (even talking out loud to myself), the greater clarity and insight I seem to gain. And people seem to be responding positively to what I offer.

Some social and physical awkwardness does remain for sure, as I have Si-inferior absent-mindedness out the yin yang and can also mentally withdraw into Ne-Ti fun times in my head if I'm bored with what's going on around me. Fe says sorry, everyone, especially to my mom who is an outgoing 6w5 ISFJ, so with all the same functions but in total reverse. She modeled Fe so well I can look like her twin for awhile till I forget to call you back.

Just found this post that seems to affirm some of what I just shared.

"Ne-Ti: ideation + analyzation = someone who can get very overwhelmed
Ne-Fe: ideation + external feeling function = someone who may become overly paranoid about social interactions"

Anyone else want to chime in with their own experience? Would love to resurrect this thread.

Amazonia

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Love this from a thread over at PerC:

"Although their positive qualities are often grossly exaggerated by popular type profiles (you'll see them described as "unique", "clever", and "visionary"), ENTPs are characterized primarily by their desire to create this kind of impression on others."

That desire to be seen as unique, clever and visionary, along with all the social self-consciousness of a phobic 6, is exactly why I have mistyped as a 4 for so long. Right now I'm landing on a 694 tritype, but I suppose it's also possible I'm a 693 who just wants to be seen as special because I'm an ENTP. I'll have to play with that idea. :)

Any other phobic ENTP 6s identify with that statement...and have you also felt 4-ish because of it?

UPDATE: It has now become embarrassingly obvious that my identification with that sentence is because I'm really a core 3w4. And THEN a phobic 6w7. And then a 1w9 who "should" have known better. :)

Last edited: