User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 21

  1. #1
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default INTP's and values/ethics

    INTP's: what are your values and ethics, and how did you go about determining them? How do you think this process differs from a feeling type?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Pseudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    2,051

    Default

    On how we're different from feelers. I think we have a greater tendency to doubt our beiliefs because we care about things being logical and also care aboutg able to prove this to others. My ESFJ friend can ignore evidence that goes against her beiliefs but I can't. I also think we have the tendency to take things to their logical extremes which causes us be very selective when it comes to defining our moral absolutes.

  3. #3
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    There are no rigid rules for me. I don't do to other people what I wouldn't expect them to do to me. Notice I didn't say I don't do to other people what I wouldn't want them to do to me. There's a significant difference.
    The keywords for me are fairness, balance, reciprocity.
    F types seem to place more value into kindness and mercifulness.
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  4. #4
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    I wonder why this thread has only gotten 2 replies but the one I started on PerC has 52?

    I agree with both of your assessments btw.

  5. #5
    defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    On how we're different from feelers. I think we have a greater tendency to doubt our beiliefs because we care about things being logical and also care aboutg able to prove this to others. My ESFJ friend can ignore evidence that goes against her beiliefs but I can't. I also think we have the tendency to take things to their logical extremes which causes us be very selective when it comes to defining our moral absolutes.
    This doesn't necessarily speak to T/F, I'm Fi dom but I'm not one to willfully ignore evidence. I'm less interested in beliefs than in truths. Taking things to logical extremes, however, is more of a game to me than a way of life.
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

    Johari -- Nohari

    Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

  6. #6
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    I'm very strange. I have these values inside of me, but I don't know where they came from (they could be Fe or Fi). Anyway, the point is, if people are being hurt or if I view something as very wrong or unethical I must put a stop to them. I've been in the process of trying to reason out these unethical acts for a long time, because I think I could get farther if I was less ethical, but it's not working. The moral values are there to stay. I hate it

  7. #7
    Senior Member Pseudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx
    Posts
    2,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raine_lynn View Post
    This doesn't necessarily speak to T/F, I'm Fi dom but I'm not one to willfully ignore evidence. I'm less interested in beliefs than in truths. Taking things to logical extremes, however, is more of a game to me than a way of life.
    Maybe I'm misinterpreting their value of emotions for "ignoring evidence". I'm thinking about an argument I had about jealousy with an ESFJ friend about her and her INFP husband. They both said that they are fine with limiting the amount of time the spend with the opposite gender for the sake of their partner's feelings. I argued that if you aren't doing anything and don't have ill intentions that you shouldn't have to limit your behavior. It came down to the idea that if she was feeling jealous she expects her partner to value those feelings and change their behavior. If I feel jealous I try to analyze my partners behavior to see if my feelings are founded or not and then change my emotional response. And we expect the same thing back. I guess feelings seem less real to me so when people use them to justify thoughts or actions it seems like they are ignoring reality while to her feelings are our experience of the world and therefore Are reality.

  8. #8
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    Maybe I'm misinterpreting their value of emotions for "ignoring evidence". I'm thinking about an argument I had about jealousy with an ESFJ friend about her and her INFP husband. They both said that they are fine with limiting the amount of time the spend with the opposite gender for the sake of their partner's feelings. I argued that if you aren't doing anything and don't have ill intentions that you shouldn't have to limit your behavior. It came down to the idea that if she was feeling jealous she expects her partner to value those feelings and change their behavior. If I feel jealous I try to analyze my partners behavior to see if my feelings are founded or not and then change my emotional response. And we expect the same thing back. I guess feelings seem less real to me so when people use them to justify thoughts or actions it seems like they are ignoring reality while to her feelings are our experience of the world and therefore Are reality.
    This is very interesting. In most situations I suit my feelings to reality. Relationships are kind of about feelings though, so to some extent they are the reality of the relationship. So I do both in these situations.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    INTPs are very cold and calculating people! Of course they don't have any values or ethics, and those that do probably aren't INTP!

  10. #10
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    INTPs are very cold and calculating people! Of course they don't have any values or ethics, and those that do probably aren't INTP!
    So they're all sociopaths? Or maybe this is you being sarcastic and me missing it.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] INTP's and relationships
    By King sns in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 212
    Last Post: 03-14-2013, 07:04 AM
  2. [INTP] INTP's and fear
    By chippinchunk in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 08-16-2010, 09:29 PM
  3. [INTP] INTP's and childhood/adolescne - "best years of your life", or a grey blur?
    By tcda in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 04:41 PM
  4. [INTP] INTP's: the value of turning Ti into Te?
    By INTPness in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 07:44 PM
  5. [INTP] INTP profile... and mine..
    By Cality in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2008, 02:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO