• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Who are more "robotic": INTJs or INTPs?

Who is more "robotic": INTJs or INTPs?

• Total voters

10blackroses

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe a thread about: "who has the better grip on reality - an INTX or a stone ?" would be in order one day :D

INxx, in that case :p My moments in Feeler Land don't make my sense of reality much better :D

Try being here for more than two days...
I took your advice, and three years of contemplating this whiny thread later you still sound like a mere human.

...you sound more like a young, immature INTJ...
I seem arrogant, irrational, and emotional so I must be an INTJ? What was it that we were disagreeing on, again?

0VuozVn.png

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow. Super-necro'd.

As for the question in the OP:

INTJs are humans disguised as robots.
Jeri-jeri-ryan-31490258-350-264.gif

INTPs are robots disguised as humans.
tumblr_mwpim15Zeo1qdll9ko1_500.gif

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Depends on the level of asperger syndrome more than anything, which seems to be over-represented amongst these two types for whatever reason (probably from the appeal of reading at a young age which would result in less mirror neurons in general in adulthood, is my theory).

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can remember this thread. It created some drama with the OP.

I took your advice, and three years of contemplating this whiny thread later you still sound like a mere human.

I seem arrogant, irrational, and emotional so I must be an INTJ? What was it that we were disagreeing on, again?

0VuozVn.png

I am ashamed to ask this - who are those (two star trek?) characters? I know I've seen them but can't remember from where. Episodes or the names would be great.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am ashamed to ask this - who are those (two star trek?) characters? I know I've seen them but can't remember from where. Episodes or the names would be great.

Gnarls Barclay and Lt. Saavy....kidding.

It's LT. Barclay and LT. Saavik (she was portrayed by Kirstie Alley in STII, then Robin Curtis in ST III and ST IV)

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Gnarls Barclay and Lt. Saavy....kidding.

It's LT. Barclay and LT. Saavik (she was portrayed by Kirstie Alley in STII, then Robin Curtis in ST III and ST IV)

Thanks

Oh yeah Baclay I can remember now very well. I still can't remember seeing Saavik. I hope I can still call myself a true Star Trek fan.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks

Oh yeah Baclay I can remember now very well. I still can't remember seeing Saavik. I hope I can still call myself a true Star Trek fan.

Meh, I always thought the Saavik character was a bit overrated. She wasn't really written as her own character but as a sort of foil to the main trium of Kirk, Spock and McCoy. Perhaps the writers intended her character to be representative of the "next" generation of starfleet. She's interesting, but they didn't explore her character too much beyond the surface. I believe the film novelization of Star Trek II mentioned she was half-Romulan. Apparently she was meant to be in Star Trek 6, but the writers changed the character to Valeris.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I don't think either are as robotic as they'd like people to think.

I've seen INTPs have emotional fits and get depressed. I've yet to see a robot have an emotional fit or get depressed. Then again, I've yet to see a robot that can truly think and make decisions for itself...so, I guess we have to go with theoretical robots. Data isn't a robot. He's an android and, well, you know, that's different.

I've seen INTJs get excited and gloat, eyes all lit up, betraying their inner glee. Robots don't have inner glee. I've also seen an INTJ get "mad." Yessirree, MAD and then plot, plan and execute revenge. Robots aren't capable of getting mad.

So, I vote that both come short, thank Heavens, of being robotic.

andresimon

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
INTJ's are more robotic. Not only are they more robotic but their NI +TE combination can AT TIMES be very dangerous. Some often feel more in control and predictive of situations then they really are. Hence the emperor complex. INTP's for the most part are theorists and their secondary Ne functions makes them fun to be around.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Neither. We just express our humanity in different ways.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Depends on the level of asperger syndrome more than anything, which seems to be over-represented amongst these two types for whatever reason (probably from the appeal of reading at a young age which would result in less mirror neurons in general in adulthood, is my theory).

I had mild aspergers growing up... Corellation?

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had mild aspergers growing up... Corellation?

Definitely, it either wouldn't have been obvious if you were for an example an extraverted sensor or it may never have developed at all in the first place. There is a lot of literature on this out there if you are so inclined to search for it, although you may have to read between the lines to realize what they are actually describing has to do with manifestations described by the MBTI and not solely the autistic spectrum's affecting of a blank slate.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Oh God.
They are warm humans, the rest of you are cotton candies.