• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Who are more "robotic": INTJs or INTPs?

Who is more "robotic": INTJs or INTPs?

• Total voters
G

Ginkgo

On another note, I think the gradual personification of technology will make it possible for us to accept robots as our masters if it ever happens.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Dude you guys are starting to creep me out with all this talk of emotions being meaningless and robots being our masters.

G

Ginkgo

Dude you guys are starting to creep me out with all this talk of emotions being meaningless and robots being our masters.

Welcome your new overlords.

Yume_Neko_Smile.jpg

Here to keep you safe...

from yourself.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
On another note, I think the gradual personification of technology will make it possible for us to accept robots as our masters if it ever happens.
I think the impersonification of people will happen faster.

Caesar

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have never met a robotic INTJ, but I have met INTPs who seem a hundred times more robotic if you don't know them (needless to say I do, and I know first hand they're not robotic, but their emotions are carefully buried, like a mine). INTJs I've known always have intense, fiery emotions boiling just beneath the surface. Immature INTJs who want to appear robotic often deny their emotions so vehemently you can only smile knowingly and pat their fluffy little heads.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
In fact, is it really that hard to believe that an INFP might consider life easier without all of those pesky emotions?

its funny that he just vouched INTJ description that said that INTJs are one of the most open minded types. yet, hes not even open for obvious stuff like that :D

INTJ Fi = i feel being open minded is nice because someone told its a virtue and because i feel i am the best, i have to be open minded -> blinds self from the fact that he is not open minded, so that the feeling of superiority can continue

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ Fi = i feel being open minded is nice because someone told its a virtue and because i feel i am the best, i have to be open minded -> blinds self from the fact that he is not open minded, so that the feeling of superiority can continue
That sounds more like Fe. Fi values are internal. An INTJ who feels open-mindedness (or anything else) is a virtue simply feels it as right, without recourse to external reasoning.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
That sounds more like Fe. Fi values are internal. An INTJ who feels open-mindedness (or anything else) is a virtue simply feels it as right, without recourse to external reasoning.

Thinking tells you what something is
Feeling tells you what something is worth
Te = "someone told its a virtue"(what open mindedness is) Fi: "because i feel i am the best, i have to be open minded"(what i am worth)

Priori

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time...

Poor INTJs talk like robots, act like robots, treat you like robots, care about you as much as robots do, and just like robots, lack the humour detector and auto-irony module, yet, suprisingly, no one seems to express the will to fathom their rich inner emotional realms, those which exist only in reference to their own well being.

Yes, Zarathustra, I completely agree with you. INTPs are more rational, more self-critical, they more easily detach themselves from the constraints of their feelings when assessing a problem and are thus more objective when critical thinking is concerned, hence, "more robotic on the inside."

Unlike INTJs, who, in addition, don't poses their innate aversion towards overreaching conclusions, mysticism and similar regressive inhibitions, INTPs are lucky they don't have to cross that egoistic emotional barrier in their goal of distilling knowledge into truth.

pickyourarchetype.png

Excluding the objective rationality of the INTPs, INTJs are the robots in all other aspects - they are the cold, selfish machines efficiently executing complex tasks with their auto-destruct sequences overriden.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
its funny that he just vouched INTJ description that said that INTJs are one of the most open minded types. yet, hes not even open for obvious stuff like that :D

Thinking tells you what something is
Feeling tells you what something is worth
Te = "someone told its a virtue"(what open mindedness is) Fi: "because i feel i am the best, i have to be open minded"(what i am worth)

I love how you explain the Fe-appearing part of the arguement and chalk it up to Te. I've seen a lot of non-Fe users mimic Fe (in short arguementative bursts) as a means to try and appear more right. Probably due to growing up in a Fe environment. Although I am a bit of a Fe user myself, in younger years I've used a mimic Fe for the exact same reason if I thought my Ti wouldn't be enough to be understood. Pretty silly now that I think back of it. Now I think I am truly open-minded, but the pitfall is that I am mostly selfish when it comes to my knowledge and understanding because of it. My open-mindedness is merely a tool in order to gather more knowledge for myself, rather than for others.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are we referring to analytic as robotic? I see a robot as something that is programmed to do certain things...definately not a P trait. I would say its more a J trait because they are more stuck on what they believe and what they believe is how they are programmed. Its like everything get analysed through there vision(be it Si or Ni) and a conclusion is made...that conclusion is global, not personal opinion.

Nicodemus

Are we referring to analytic as robotic?
We are not defining the term, because to define it would be to answer the question and end the thread. It is only because the term is understood subjectively by those who answer that the question can even muster the appearance of being meaningful. As you can see in post #12, Zarathustra is somewhat aware of it, too.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We are not defining the term, because to define it would be to answer the question and end the thread. It is only because the term is understood subjectively by those who answer that the question can even muster the appearance of being meaningful. As you can see in post #12, Zarathustra is somewhat aware of it, too.

Assuming all come to the same conclusion based on the same initial parameters, which I still bet ends much like this thread without an objective definition.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The machines of the present are IST, but the machines of the future will be INT. Artificial intelligence could, perhaps even one day be transerred into the human body, making our intelligence programmable.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Thus the covert war of Ti vs Ni continues................................

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Hmm, how does this description of INTP Si strike you?
INTP Si = I'm objective and logical, therefore I am open-minded. If someone disagrees with me, that doesn't only mean that they're wrong, but they're close-minded for not agreeing with me.​