• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Who are more "robotic": INTJs or INTPs?

Who is more "robotic": INTJs or INTPs?

• Total voters

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Note: the poll is asking who *is* more robotic, not who *appears* more robotic.

strenco_steam_robot_1.jpg

Feel free to explain your answer.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
[MENTION=7991]chana[/MENTION] [MENTION=10240]gmanyo[/MENTION]

See, I find this very surprising.

Would you guys mind explaining your votes?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
intps can be robotic, I guess, but compared to intjs they're more laid back and sillier. intjs can be kinda humorless and act like they have a stick up their ass. but less irritating, for what it's worth.

R

Riva

Omgosh!!!!!!!!!!

How could that be? Aren't INTJs the fun types?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ's would -> appear <- more robotic

However, I think with INTJ's being Ni dom and INTP's being Ti dom, INTP's are probably more robotic on the inside. It just doesn't translate like that into appearances.

So I think INTJ appears more robotic, INTP's are more robotic.

R

Riva

However, I think with INTJ's being Ni dom and INTP's being Ti dom, INTP's are probably more robotic on the inside. It just doesn't translate like that into appearances.

Good point. Does that mean ISTPs are more robotic than ISTJs?

If a comparison is not made between the two types do you believe ISTPs are robotic too due to being Ti doms?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

And we have the right answer.

Don't ever say I hate INTPs, in general, people.

Fluffywolf (among others) gets my full stamp of approval.

Edit: wait... [MENTION=6643]Fluffywolf[/MENTION], why then did you cast your vote for INTJs?

A

Anew Leaf

This is my reasoning as well.

INTJs start off quite detached but if you are fortunate enough to win their approval, they can be very warm underneath all of the layers. It's like this:

hawaii-pahoehoe-flow.jpg

Just in that there is this sort of glow deep down underneath that occasionally peaks out.

INTPs on the other hand, look all jolly and cuddly on the outside, but when you get to know them you discover there is this impenetrable marble core. It can be quite shocking to discover. I guess since I am Fi, I appreciate the elegance of the inner warmth much more so than the outer initial glow.

Although Fluffy and [MENTION=994]kelric[/MENTION] are two lovely examples of cuddly pudding ingested INTPs. ;)

gmanyo

sswwwaagggg
MBTI Type
ENTP
[MENTION=7991]chana[/MENTION] [MENTION=10240]gmanyo[/MENTION]

See, I find this very surprising.

Would you guys mind explaining your votes?

INTJs are generally higher functioning at a practical level than INTPs; NPs in general aren't the highest functioning types. This seems kind of robo to me.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
INTJs are generally higher functioning at a practical level than INTPs; NPs in general aren't the highest functioning types. This seems kind of robo to me.

:dont:

Well then, if the question had been "Who is better at functioning at a practical level?", then perhaps your answer would be worth something.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Pretty much this.

The thread won't get very far unless you properly define what you mean by robotic.

Lack of Fe/social skills? Thats INTJ
Lack of baby Fi soft core? That's INTP
Highly efficient and functional, unstoppable steamrollers? That's (I)NTJ
Detached, scienticist analysis machines? That's INTP

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
However, this thread won't get very far unless you properly define what you mean by robotic.

Lack of Fe/social skills? Thats INTJ
Lack of baby Fi soft core? That's INTP
Highly efficient and functional, unstoppable steamrollers? That's (I)NTJ
Detached, scienticist analysis machines? That's INTP

If I wanted to ask those questions, I'd have made a poll for those questions. I prefer to leave these things a bit open-ended, on purpose, but, unfortunately, as we've already seen, not everybody can be trusted when left to their own devices.

The question really seemed quite simple to me: robots function in a certain way -- who functions more in this way: INTJs or INTPs?

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In other words, not everybody understands colloquial terms the same way as you... That is indeed disappointing. :D

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTPs, ofc. INTJs are quite emo in comparison.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
In other words, not everybody understands colloquial terms the same way as you... That is indeed disappointing. :D

Fluffywolf certainly seems to have gotten it.

And you said "pretty much this" to his response.

As such, I would say, certain people seem to have gotten it.

And, frankly, I'd expect any intelligent person with knowledge of typology to get it.

R

Riva

If I wanted to ask those questions, I'd have made the poll for those questions.

I prefer to leave these things a bit open-ended, but, unfortunately, as we've already seen, not everybody can be trusted when left to their own devices.

Whom do you think we are? Psychics?

I prefer to leave these things a bit open-ended

So if it is open ended you might as well let the participants define and answer their versions of robotic.

The idiocy of gmanyo's reasoning is not a problem with the poll.

Where did that come from?

You fail to communicate properly so the other party is to be blamed?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Whom do you think we are? Psychics?

No, Riva, I most certainly do not think you are a psychic.

So if it is open ended you might as well let the participants define and answer their versions of robotic.

Some peoples' are better than others.

Where did that come from?

It came from his idiotic reasoning.

You fail to communicate properly so the other party is to be blamed?

Fluffywolf, among others, didn't fail to get it.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your phd thesis is ruined, Zara, deal with it.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
It would also be more accurate to say that I like to start with it open-ended, so the true meaning can come out through discussion.

R

Riva

Some peoples' are better than others.

Better at understanding unspoken words and making wild guesses and hoping it would be what the OP meant it to be?

It would also be more accurate to say that I like to start with it open-ended, so the true meaning can come out through discussion.

The meaning finally came through Fluff's definition of it. I have my doubts whether you had that in mind when you made the OP though you claimed to have done so -

The question really seemed quite simple to me: robots function in a certain way -- who functions more in this way: INTJs or INTPs?

You have edited the OP I see.

Your phd thesis is ruined, Zara, deal with it.

Lolz.