• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Who are more "robotic": INTJs or INTPs?

Who is more "robotic": INTJs or INTPs?

• Total voters

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This thread is even more retarded than the 'omg which is more smrt- istp/istj' thread.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
A bunch of nobody INTJs logged in. Thread must've popped up somewhere else.

Gotta love that good ol' Ti tell-myself-the-story-I-wanna-hear-but-don't-verify-whether-it's-actually-objectively-true spirit.

It was actually two IFPs, one INTP, and two INTJs.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Gotta love that good ol' Ti tell-myself-the-story-I-wanna-hear-but-don't-verify-whether-it's-actually-objectively-true spirit.

It was actually two IFPs, one INTP, and two INTJs.

I just looked at the first two names. :p

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sure it does.

ISFJs and INTPs have the same functions.

In C3PO, you see the Fe.

In Batty, not so much.

You get a brooding Fi replicant.

I got the point.

Lazy robot x 2

...what?

Mia.

INTJ's would -> appear <- more robotic

However, I think with INTJ's being Ni dom and INTP's being Ti dom, INTP's are probably more robotic on the inside. It just doesn't translate like that into appearances.

So I think INTJ appears more robotic, INTP's are more robotic.

This. Although I see neither of them as robotic.

Parenthetically though, they both are robotic in their defense mechanisms at times. In this book one of the survival games of NTs is playing robot, and I've seen both INTJs and INTPs do it.

Similarly, Delunas (1992) suggests the different temperament types may engage in what she terms “survival games” when threatened and under severe stress. Thus, for example, the NT Rationals play the Robot survival game, of which That’s Illogical and Super-Intellectual are variants. Deluca’s description of these variants reflects a hyper-manifestation of the thinking function. In the That’s Illogical game, the thinking function is used as a defense mechanism to dismiss other people, other perspectives and so on as not logical. In the Super-Intellectual variant, the thinking function is used as a defense mechanism by making overly complex arguments and overly intellectualized statements. Both variants suggest aggressive, and passive-aggressive, tendencies that clearly could be manifest as negative political actions.

http://www.politicaltypes.com/content/view/14/204/

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I got that part, wasn't talking about that part.

Then what?

ISFJ and INTP having same functions?

They do, just different order...

I told you I agreed that C3PO was an ISFJ.

And, you know, I get that Data is far more representative of an INTP...

But ISFJs and INTPs share the same dom-tert and aux-inf loops (just reversed order).

And you get an INTP in the right mode, and they can be downright Feish, like an ISFJ.

It's the same principle as calling Batty an INTJ for being downright Fiish in that scene.

It's just Fe robot (C3PO) vs Fi robot (Batty); like Andante's emo vs calm construction.

Although, I suppose Data would be a much better representative of the INTP calm.

C3PO is downright fucking neurotic, really; Data would be a better example.

(Although, I mean, C3PO is neurotic in a way that INTPs kinda can be...)

(C3PO would be like an eruption of the inferior INTP robot...)

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Then what?

ISFJ and INTP having same functions?

They do, just different order...

I told you I agreed that C3PO was an ISFJ.

And, you know, I get that Data is far more representative of an INTP...

But ISFJs and INTPs share the same dom-tert and aux-inf loops (just reversed order).

And you get an INTP in the right mode, and they can be downright Feish, like an ISFJ.

It's the same principle as calling Batty an INTJ for being downright Fiish in that scene.

It's just Fe robot (C3PO) vs Fi robot (Batty); like Andante's emo vs calm construction.

Although, I suppose Data would be a much better representative of the INTP calm.

C3PO is downright fucking neurotic, really; Data would be a better example.

(Although, I mean, C3PO is neurotic in a way that INTPs kinda can be...)

(C3PO would be like an eruption of the inferior INTP robot...)

Oh I get it now. But it's still wrong. Fe doesn't manifest in INTPs like C-3PO, it's a completely different flavor - darker and angrier. The "witch hunts" and bannings at INTPc are like this. When INTPs succumb to groupthink it's more like The Crucible. The appropriate robot is then:

dalek_large.gif