User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who is more "robotic": INTJs or INTPs?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTPs

    42 38.53%
  • INTJs

    67 61.47%
First 243233343536 Last

Results 331 to 340 of 355

  1. #331
    Happy Dancer uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    So really, INTPs are more like Data, and INTJs are more like Spock? It hit me that Nimoy actually did a really good job acting in the original series. I can often get hints of what's actually going on underneath the surface. Kind of a tricky thing to pull off, since it's really like there are two layers.
    In terms of personality traits, I consider this to be very apt. Not that INTPs are that much like Data, because they're are naturally human and emotional, but when I observe INTPs striving to be their most intellectual, they behave and reason very much like Data. INTJs on the other hand have this logical and kind of cold exterior that hides/protects/suppresses a tender emotional interior. See Spock's emotionality in those scenes where he's forced to reveal it: it's always very intense.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

    A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

  2. #332
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    At least with me im completely different on the "robotic" scale when im in a situation that requires a lot of thinking and acting rationally, than when im in some more casual setting.

    INTJs thinking is more effected by their feelings(which they ofc try to deny till the end of the world), which means that its not exactly robotic. But on the other hand their thinking is more robotic like due to its concretism. Also they have colder exterior(which sometimes wears off when amongst friends), which makes them seem more robotic to the outside world. INTPs have much more laid back attitude in general. INTPs generally are better and more effected by empathy and feelings of others(maybe not always when kids if not properly raised), or the general feels atmosphere of the situation, while INTJs are more self-centered(except maybe if they have a girlfriend and have learned the correct protocols of relationship), especially when it comes to feels of self vs others. Like INTP gets in a situation with a good friend where INTP could lose 1 or have the friend lose 2, INTP would often choose to lose 1 himself rather than have a friend lose 2, because he puts both in more equal ground and its better to lose only 1 than 2. But INTJ would be more like i dont want to lose any, its the other persons problem for getting himself in a situation where he can lose. Or one example with me and my INTJ friend is that when we are walking outside, he just follows a path that he finds best for himself, regardless of if he gets in my way or suddenly walks so that i need to stop or dodge something in order not to hit him or some other obstacle, while im always scanning for the optimal path for everyone in the group or random people i walk past.

    I think INTPs tend to seem more robotic to the outsiders when in their thinking mode, but INTJs seem more robotic to the outsiders in general. But neither are completely robotic, but because of different reasons(INTJs more emo inside and effected by their F, INTPs because of empathy and general more laid back attitude).
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read
    Likes chubber liked this post

  3. #333
    Suave y Fuerte BadOctopus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    At least with me im completely different on the "robotic" scale when im in a situation that requires a lot of thinking and acting rationally, than when im in some more casual setting.

    INTJs thinking is more effected by their feelings(which they ofc try to deny till the end of the world), which means that its not exactly robotic. But on the other hand their thinking is more robotic like due to its concretism. Also they have colder exterior(which sometimes wears off when amongst friends), which makes them seem more robotic to the outside world. INTPs have much more laid back attitude in general. INTPs generally are better and more effected by empathy and feelings of others(maybe not always when kids if not properly raised), or the general feels atmosphere of the situation, while INTJs are more self-centered(except maybe if they have a girlfriend and have learned the correct protocols of relationship), especially when it comes to feels of self vs others. Like INTP gets in a situation with a good friend where INTP could lose 1 or have the friend lose 2, INTP would often choose to lose 1 himself rather than have a friend lose 2, because he puts both in more equal ground and its better to lose only 1 than 2. But INTJ would be more like i dont want to lose any, its the other persons problem for getting himself in a situation where he can lose. Or one example with me and my INTJ friend is that when we are walking outside, he just follows a path that he finds best for himself, regardless of if he gets in my way or suddenly walks so that i need to stop or dodge something in order not to hit him or some other obstacle, while im always scanning for the optimal path for everyone in the group or random people i walk past.

    I think INTPs tend to seem more robotic to the outsiders when in their thinking mode, but INTJs seem more robotic to the outsiders in general. But neither are completely robotic, but because of different reasons(INTJs more emo inside and effected by their F, INTPs because of empathy and general more laid back attitude).
    It seems to me that your view of INTJs is colored by personal experience. Not all of them are self-centered.

  4. #334
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    It seems to me that your view of INTJs is colored by personal experience. Not all of them are self-centered.
    Everyone knows that INTJs are the only selfish people in existence. All the other types are lovable fluffy bunnies at all times.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78
    Likes chubber, uumlau liked this post

  5. #335
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    gvf
    Socionics
    gfxd Ni
    Posts
    319

    Default

    INTP. INTJs have passion, heart, gusto, many of them... INTPs are more labrats, eggheads...but I'm biased. Haven't gotten along with any INTPs I've known as physically present company where as many an INTJ have served as inspiration to me in one way or another.

  6. #336
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Stream View Post
    INTP. INTJs have passion, heart, gusto, many of them... INTPs are more labrats, eggheads...but I'm biased. Haven't gotten along with any INTPs I've known as physically present company where as many an INTJ have served as inspiration to me in one way or another.
    I don't know. I'm passionate about some things, but in some cases, I find that it's better to not express it in certain settings. Sometimes self-control is important.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  7. #337
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    gvf
    Socionics
    gfxd Ni
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    I don't know. I'm passionate about some things, but in some cases, I find that it's better to not express it in certain settings. Sometimes self-control is important.
    Often! & it's the INTJs with too much tert. Fi focus in lockstep with the already more (generally) morose ways of the NJ in relation to the NP that can summon a peculiar intensity I have yet to witness tie that of any other type, making their passion, bla bla bla etc etc. more observable than that of the INTP. My vision of an INTP display of passion is one awkward and ineffective conceptual spectacle lol no offense .

  8. #338
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Stream View Post
    Often! & it's the INTJs with too much tert. Fi focus in lockstep with the already more (generally) morose ways of the NJ in relation to the NP that can summon a peculiar intensity I have yet to witness tie that of any other type, making their passion, bla bla bla etc etc. more observable than that of the INTP. My vision of an INTP display of passion is one awkward and ineffective conceptual spectacle lol no offense .
    I think it needs a proper outlet, a worthy channel for it.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  9. #339
    You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Stream View Post
    INTP. INTJs have passion, heart, gusto, many of them... INTPs are more labrats, eggheads...but I'm biased. Haven't gotten along with any INTPs I've known as physically present company where as many an INTJ have served as inspiration to me in one way or another.
    You're back!
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life
    .

    Mercury - Sleeping At Last

    3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1

  10. #340
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    gvf
    Socionics
    gfxd Ni
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    You're back!
    Sometimes I get real sick of the internet. Real, real nauseatingly sick... but I always return. Because my words must be read and filtered through patient lenses. It's my only legacy...for now.
    Likes themightyfetus liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. [E6] Who is more skeptical of people? 6 or 8?
    By NK258 in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-23-2015, 02:36 PM
  2. [MBTItm] Any other NTs here who are more into NFs than NTs?
    By gandalf in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-01-2012, 08:26 AM
  3. [NT] BEST Critic: INTJ or INTP?
    By Afkan in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 06-29-2009, 01:16 AM
  4. [NT] INTJ or INTP: Who is more misanthropic?
    By ajblaise in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-27-2009, 08:10 AM
  5. is this INTJ or INTP?
    By 527468 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 08:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO