User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who is more "robotic": INTJs or INTPs?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTPs

42 38.53%
  • INTJs

67 61.47%
First 233132333435 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Xann View Post
    Definitely, it either wouldn't have been obvious if you were for an example an extraverted sensor or it may never have developed at all in the first place. There is a lot of literature on this out there if you are so inclined to search for it, although you may have to read between the lines to realize what they are actually describing has to do with manifestations described by the MBTI and not solely the autistic spectrum's affecting of a blank slate.
    Don't worry. I always read between the lines..

There seems to be suspected correlations between a few disorders it would appear, including but not limited to schizoid. Which also correlates to me.
    --
    As for the topic, it would appear:

Who are more "robotic": INTJs or INTPs?-a92107cdf5f9486cd4a94abbdbe3469b-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Xann liked this post

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Krim13 View Post
    Don't worry. I always read between the lines..

There seems to be suspected correlations between a few disorders it would appear, including but not limited to schizoid. Which also correlates to me.
    --
    As for the topic, it would appear:

Who are more "robotic": INTJs or INTPs?-a92107cdf5f9486cd4a94abbdbe3469b-jpg
    hah! when ever I'm in an argument with my ex. She would require warmth, and I will always get blamed for being so cold in the argument.
    Likes Krim13 liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti

INTJ's have the potential to lack any sense of humour or relaxation, I find INTP's to be often quite silly and playful whenever I've met them and tested them afterwards, INTJ's take a while to relax and seem less comfortable, more rigid. Though, the thinking of an INTP seems to be more robotic, despite this I think the INTJ is more holistically robotic.
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.

Intps are more robotic

Ti wants everything to make sense.

Not just ti i think fi too in a way.

Being a ti would suck because it would prevent them from being going witht the flow.

They want everything to make sense. You cant just be lucky. It cant just happen that u managed to accomplish something.

It has to make sense. Therefore living in the moment going with the flow all thay jazz isnt a ti thing.

Due to these ti is robotic IN THEIR HEADS.

------

Tjs due to te knows what to worry about and what not to. Hey you or he just did something that worked in your favour. There is no way u wud come across a situation that needs to method to be repeated? Dont fret.

Te outweight what will most likely happen again and is ready to forget the rest.

If they have time they will to figure things out theu will if curious. But first things first.

----

Te first things first
    Ti before we start we have to figure out shit.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I voted INTJ because they're more controlled and less outwardly expressive than INTPs. But they're both all human and they have feels and when they come out they can seem magnified.

Schemata Architect CognitiveLiberty's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

"Robotic" is quite an abstract, poorly defined, and ambiguous term. Robots (in the literal sense) are deterministic and task orientated. A machine does not deal with the finer tangential abstractions, ponder away at its own thoughts, or constantly question its own programming. It's worth noting the diversity amongst individuals of any type; to what extent are generalisations too broad.

INTJs appear more extroverted, verbal, and 'human' than INTPs, but I think they are more robotic in nature. INTJs tend to prefer order, planning, and structure, they will organise themselves and be quite diligent at following their plans, acting in accordance with a 'script', and generally are much more immersed in external activities. INTPs go with the flow, procrastinate, and usually perform tasks in random spurts of motivation as opposed to diligent planning.

Secondly, INTPs are not as dogmatically confident of their own opinions/cognitions, always questioning, and may even change their opinion on something in the midst of arguing in support of it. INTJs do not usually question their own opinions in an argument. They favour an 'algorithmic' approach to beating their opponent. An opinionated INTJ is robotic in that sense, 'they are right', and they will always seek to affirm this, generally in a predictable manner. The argument is just a means to an end, to 'win', to affirm their opinion. INTPs in argument value the aesthetic value of the argument itself, as they seek to learn new perspectives from it, and may form new connections.

I'm starting to waffle, so will summarise:

INTPs often appear very robotic and computer like, but their internal cognitions are very abstract, imaginative, capacious, examining a whole manner of ideas to filter out the logical from the spurious. INTJs are more concrete, they have their interests and views, and focus around them. INTPs are often, for lack of better word, lazy, in the external world at least, because their internal world can overshadow the external.

Robots are not lazy.
    Johari Nohari
    5 cp6 9w1 4w5 sx/sp | RLUAI | INTP ILI-Ni

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

How about: INTPs think more like robots, INTJs act more like robots.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    So really, INTPs are more like Data, and INTJs are more like Spock? It hit me that Nimoy actually did a really good job acting in the original series. I can often get hints of what's actually going on underneath the surface. Kind of a tricky thing to pull off, since it's really like there are two layers.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Affirmative.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

INTJs but I agree with @Coriolis that INTPs might be more so on the inside.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.