User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who is more "robotic": INTJs or INTPs?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTPs

42 38.53%
  • INTJs

67 61.47%
First 202829303132 Last

MBTI
    xxTP

Depends on the individual. A dumb question.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

INTJs look robotic on the outside because of the limited facial expression they give almost having a flat affect at some point, and they also give this "cold and distant" vibe. The INTPs on the other hand gives a more sociable, funny, silly, look outside and you will almost always mistake them as a genuinely friendly people.

BUT, if you look at their inner wirings, INTJs are more warm having a tertiary Fi that they could access in no time at some point in their lives. And INTPs are the real "robots" because it is governed by their Ti, the F, Fe specifically is very underdeveloped for them to access.

So, my vote is for INTP.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

Being an INxP myself (leaning towards T mostly), all I can say is that I am very far from robotic. I'm the person who never does something that actually makes sense - I spent my time in school writing stories during the lectures and skipping my homework - and I'm the most disorganized person you will ever meet. I'm not at all calculating enough to be considered robotic, on a bad day I bet I could lose to a ten-year-old in chess, and I have absolutely no understanding of external systems. I may be many things (I AM many things, in fact), but I don't think robotic is one of them.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

My conclusion, judging by their respective forums, INTJs are more "robotic" (or boring), INTPs are more pretentious.

With that said, however, I'd rather be around a robotic person than a pretentious person, because I can think about something else that doesn't involve punching someone in the face if I'm around a robotic person.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I can speak for the example of myself and my INTP partner. I'm definitely the more "robotic" of us. He told me that if his life were a video game, I'd be an NPC.

I'm more strict about obeying formal rules and principles. He's more interested in expressing humanness through finding exceptions to such rules. I have to have a plan of action. He has to be able to act on the fly. So I'd say I run more like a program.
    Rational idealist. Ethical hedonist. Secular humanist. Libertarian centrist. Lawful neutral. Melancholic. Medicated Bipolar I. Cat person. Kuudere. Dark magical girl. Slytherin. Alcoholic milkshake enthusiast.
    Johari | Nohari

The dream to awaken our world.

MBTI
    INTP

I think it depends on one's definition of what is "robotic." If I knew that. I could choose.
    The HOW and WHY is EVERYTHING! Look not at behaviors nor even beliefs, but the ideas behind HOW and WHY they are held. Only then are your judgements......somewhat acceptable.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I know it wasn't a choice, but ISTJ's seem the most robotic. Most of the ISTJ's that I know are very nice and talented at many things, but a bit boring. I can never really have a real conversation with them. They definitely know how to do, but I never seem signs of them really having feelings or imaginations. Being able to do is definitely a strength though, I admire them for being so; I struggle with daily tasks because they're so mundane and hard for me.

Out of the two you listed, I guess I would say INTP because to me it seems like INTJ's have too big of an ego to be robotic.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

But an INTP is also too much all over the place to be really robotic. I'm the only INxP I know, so I'm going to look for famous and fictional INTPs instead:

Albert Einstein
    Socrates
    René Descartes (French Baroque philosopher)
    Benjamin Franklin

Sherlock Holmes
    L Lawliet (from the manga/anime Death Note)
    John Nash (from the film A Beautiful Mind, not necessarily his real-life self)
    Lisbeth Salander (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo)
    Shikamaru Nara (Naruto)

Albert Einstein called his secretary, asking for his own address because he got lost on the way home. Socrates would choose random victims in the agora and ask them even more random questions about life and morals. René Descartes would sometimes sleep inside a stove. Benjamin Franklin risked his life to test his theory on how to guide electricity. Sherlock Holmes kept his cigars in a coal scuttle and his tobacco in the toe end of a Persian slipper. L Lawliet was always bare-footed and seemed entirely oblivious to how his acquaintances perceived him. John Nash would suddenly say ("There might be a mathematical explanation for how bad your tie is") or do (pushing his writing desk out of the window) things that were completely incomprehensible to everyone around him. Lisbeth Salander tattooed the message "I am a sadistic pig, a pervert and a rapist" on the chest of a man who had previously raped her. Shikamaru Nara forfeited a match against an opponent he had practically already beaten, just because he didn't think actually winning wasn't worth the trouble.

In my opinion, all of these actions display a complete lack of robotic tendencies; these guys are just too random.

HOWEVER, I agree with you that the real robots are the ISTJs, because they don't always even think before doing exactly what they're "programmed" to do.

WALMART

Real INTJ's, by a good margin. INTP's are pretty animated.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by 10blackroses View Post
    But an INTP is also too much all over the place to be really robotic. I'm the only INxP I know, so I'm going to look for famous and fictional INTPs instead:

Albert Einstein
    Socrates
    René Descartes (French Baroque philosopher)
    Benjamin Franklin

Sherlock Holmes
    L Lawliet (from the manga/anime Death Note)
    John Nash (from the film A Beautiful Mind, not necessarily his real-life self)
    Lisbeth Salander (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo)
    Shikamaru Nara (Naruto)

Albert Einstein called his secretary, asking for his own address because he got lost on the way home. Socrates would choose random victims in the agora and ask them even more random questions about life and morals. René Descartes would sometimes sleep inside a stove. Benjamin Franklin risked his life to test his theory on how to guide electricity. Sherlock Holmes kept his cigars in a coal scuttle and his tobacco in the toe end of a Persian slipper. L Lawliet was always bare-footed and seemed entirely oblivious to how his acquaintances perceived him. John Nash would suddenly say ("There might be a mathematical explanation for how bad your tie is") or do (pushing his writing desk out of the window) things that were completely incomprehensible to everyone around him. Lisbeth Salander tattooed the message "I am a sadistic pig, a pervert and a rapist" on the chest of a man who had previously raped her. Shikamaru Nara forfeited a match against an opponent he had practically already beaten, just because he didn't think actually winning wasn't worth the trouble.

In my opinion, all of these actions display a complete lack of robotic tendencies; these guys are just too random.

HOWEVER, I agree with you that the real robots are the ISTJs, because they don't always even think before doing exactly what they're "programmed" to do.
    Einstein, Nash and Shikamaru Nara in one analogy.

Maybe a thread about: "who has the better grip on reality - an INTX or a stone ?" would be in order one day
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]