User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who is more "robotic": INTJs or INTPs?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTPs

42 38.53%
  • INTJs

67 61.47%
First 162425262728 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    That sounds more like Fe. Fi values are internal. An INTJ who feels open-mindedness (or anything else) is a virtue simply feels it as right, without recourse to external reasoning.
    Thinking tells you what something is
    Feeling tells you what something is worth
    Te = "someone told its a virtue"(what open mindedness is) Fi: "because i feel i am the best, i have to be open minded"(what i am worth)
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time...
    INTP; 5w6
    The Intense, Cerebral Type:
    Perceptive, Innovative, Secretive, and Isolated

Poor INTJs talk like robots, act like robots, treat you like robots, care about you as much as robots do, and just like robots, lack the humour detector and auto-irony module, yet, suprisingly, no one seems to express the will to fathom their rich inner emotional realms, those which exist only in reference to their own well being.

Yes, Zarathustra, I completely agree with you. INTPs are more rational, more self-critical, they more easily detach themselves from the constraints of their feelings when assessing a problem and are thus more objective when critical thinking is concerned, hence, "more robotic on the inside."

Unlike INTJs, who, in addition, don't poses their innate aversion towards overreaching conclusions, mysticism and similar regressive inhibitions, INTPs are lucky they don't have to cross that egoistic emotional barrier in their goal of distilling knowledge into truth.

Excluding the objective rationality of the INTPs, INTJs are the robots in all other aspects - they are the cold, selfish machines efficiently executing complex tasks with their auto-destruct sequences overriden.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    its funny that he just vouched INTJ description that said that INTJs are one of the most open minded types. yet, hes not even open for obvious stuff like that

INTJ Fi = i feel being open minded is nice because someone told its a virtue and because i feel i am the best, i have to be open minded -> blinds self from the fact that he is not open minded, so that the feeling of superiority can continue
    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    That sounds more like Fe. Fi values are internal. An INTJ who feels open-mindedness (or anything else) is a virtue simply feels it as right, without recourse to external reasoning.
    Thinking tells you what something is
    Feeling tells you what something is worth
    Te = "someone told its a virtue"(what open mindedness is) Fi: "because i feel i am the best, i have to be open minded"(what i am worth)
    I love how you explain the Fe-appearing part of the arguement and chalk it up to Te. I've seen a lot of non-Fe users mimic Fe (in short arguementative bursts) as a means to try and appear more right. Probably due to growing up in a Fe environment. Although I am a bit of a Fe user myself, in younger years I've used a mimic Fe for the exact same reason if I thought my Ti wouldn't be enough to be understood. Pretty silly now that I think back of it. Now I think I am truly open-minded, but the pitfall is that I am mostly selfish when it comes to my knowledge and understanding because of it. My open-mindedness is merely a tool in order to gather more knowledge for myself, rather than for others.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    STP

Are we referring to analytic as robotic? I see a robot as something that is programmed to do certain things...definately not a P trait. I would say its more a J trait because they are more stuck on what they believe and what they believe is how they are programmed. Its like everything get analysed through there vision(be it Si or Ni) and a conclusion is made...that conclusion is global, not personal opinion.
    Im out, its been fun

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    Are we referring to analytic as robotic?
    We are not defining the term, because to define it would be to answer the question and end the thread. It is only because the term is understood subjectively by those who answer that the question can even muster the appearance of being meaningful. As you can see in post #12, Zarathustra is somewhat aware of it, too.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    We are not defining the term, because to define it would be to answer the question and end the thread. It is only because the term is understood subjectively by those who answer that the question can even muster the appearance of being meaningful. As you can see in post #12, Zarathustra is somewhat aware of it, too.
    Assuming all come to the same conclusion based on the same initial parameters, which I still bet ends much like this thread without an objective definition.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

The machines of the present are IST, but the machines of the future will be INT. Artificial intelligence could, perhaps even one day be transerred into the human body, making our intelligence programmable.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Thus the covert war of Ti vs Ni continues................................
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

its funny that he just vouched INTJ description that said that INTJs are one of the most open minded types. yet, hes not even open for obvious stuff like that

INTJ Fi = i feel being open minded is nice because someone told its a virtue and because i feel i am the best, i have to be open minded -> blinds self from the fact that he is not open minded, so that the feeling of superiority can continue
    Hmm, how does this description of INTP Si strike you?
    INTP Si = I'm objective and logical, therefore I am open-minded. If someone disagrees with me, that doesn't only mean that they're wrong, but they're close-minded for not agreeing with me.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.