User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who is more "robotic": INTJs or INTPs?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTPs

42 38.53%
  • INTJs

67 61.47%
First 11192021222331 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

(Just in a work setting) Some INTJs seem to be evaluating others' intelligence in conversation..as if to be ready and write off others if they don't measure up. INTPs seem to wait and if someone doesn't offer a complete thought or message on something, they tend to J it and complete the message through some scrutiny. Both seem robotic to me because feels like some human elements are overlooked. Like being considerate lol.

Sometimes a good thing in conversation is to discover or learn more together. I don't always do a 'mind-dump' and tell them everything I know on a subject. On purpose. Don't want to be a know-it-all..and also it's better to have a productive conversation where everyone can grow.

Having said that, I know an INTP who seems stone cold on the outside but crack a joke he likes and he breaks a smile showing he's also down-to-earth. Another seems intent on remaining intellectually focused, but say something entertaining and she grows a smile. And if you follow through and show them your rationale they respect you. Kinda like standing firm to an ENTJ but without the extra courage, just with conversation.

I've seen both seem to take their intellect to dangerous levels in social circles and I think they pay the price for that with others. I guess that's kinda robotic.

In my experience, I'll go with INTJ. And add that this is the way some seem to me, not saying they are robotic because I don't know, I'm not one.

Question..Why do they sound so F it seems but there also seems a cold exterior? I don't get that. (Edit: INTJs)
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Depends which way we are looking at this,... and what we expect will happen on a global scale regarding robots in the future.
    I think this wouldnt be very inventive. If you'ld build a robot woman who does her job in bed and cleans the household, it wouldnt be THAT great invention
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post

INTPs on the other hand, look all jolly and cuddly on the outside, but when you get to know them you discover there is this impenetrable marble core.
    Oh man, this kind of makes me feel sad...

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    Some INTJs seem to be evaluating others' intellingence in conversation..[.]
    Some seem to do it, all do do it.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

I think the most robotic are the ENFPs.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I think this wouldnt be very inventive. If you'ld build a robot woman who does her job in bed and cleans the household, it wouldnt be THAT great invention
    lol ok @Speed Gavroche!

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    I think the most robotic are the ENFPs.
    That must mean ISTJs are the least robotic.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    what ? traitor. you of all I had trusted to support me on my macho campaign
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ?

@Avatar7

Question..Why do they sound so F it seems but there also seems a cold exterior? I don't get that. (Edit: INTJs)
    --do you mean "why can you see subjective value judgments when, for the most part, you are met with an 'unfeeling wall'?"?

it's because they their Te and Fi fall into auxiliary positions (i see both as interchangeable, and therefore "auxiliary" as opposed to aux., then Tertiary). they are first and foremost Ni/Se, although the Se part will largely be unconscious, and the use of it may remain totally invisible to the INTJ, but, if one is being used in the dominant or inferior position, the other is has to be used as well, it's just that the form of Se in the inferior may change dramatically due to the influence of Ni as a dominant (in other words, the Se-aspect can become much less tied to the "here and now" and more tied to "i know this, or something like it to exist").

now, since they are introverted, i think their aux. that matches their overall attitude (introversion) will most likely fall into line and behavior with their dominant, meaning that it will remain as something that is kept from view and is hidden. it it's stead, it's opposite (Te) comes into play until the point at which the user, in their subjective use of such as function, deems it necessary to "change course". but, i think for most introverts, they may come to rely on their extroverted aux. as a form of protection (or is that projection on my part?); i think this falls into line with how Jung said that extroverts usually have one self, while introverts are forced to develop a second, much more shallow version .

my 2 cents. thoughts?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by EntangledLight View Post
    @Avatar7

--do you mean "why can you see subjective value judgments when, for the most part, you are met with an 'unfeeling wall'?"?

it's because they their Te and Fi fall into auxiliary positions (i see both as interchangeable, and therefore "auxiliary" as opposed to aux., then Tertiary). they are first and foremost Ni/Se, although the Se part will largely be unconscious, and the use of it may remain totally invisible to the INTJ, but, if one is being used in the dominant or inferior position, the other is has to be used as well, it's just that the form of Se in the inferior may change dramatically due to the influence of Ni as a dominant (in other words, the Se-aspect can become much less tied to the "here and now" and more tied to "i know this, or something like it to exist").

now, since they are introverted, i think their aux. that matches their overall attitude (introversion) will most likely fall into line and behavior with their dominant, meaning that it will remain as something that is kept from view and is hidden. it it's stead, it's opposite (Te) comes into play until the point at which the user, in their subjective use of such as function, deems it necessary to "change course". but, i think for most introverts, they may come to rely on their extroverted aux. as a form of protection (or is that projection on my part?); i think this falls into line with how Jung said that extroverts usually have one self, while introverts are forced to develop a second, much more shallow version .

my 2 cents. thoughts?
    Thanks and wow you go in-depth here. I'm gonna mull this over. And I'll get back to you.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'