User Tag List

First 45678 Last

WhoCares

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Oh fuck yes, it's the stupidest thing I've ever possibly witnessed from an intelligent individual. I have had someone personally, at close range, as an INTJ pigeon-hole me like this.
    If I may. It's not a personal affront. From my perspective deciding where someone fits into the scheme of things is just another task on my to do list. The faster I can tick that box as 'done' the less anxiety I feel. I am highly driven to get stuff done, so I might make a hasty decision and put someone on this list, but that's always open to change when I receive new data to the contrary. It's just my way of reducing the stress I feel in life. Nothing makes me more antsy than having an undone thing.

I'm not apt to spend large amounts of time collecting data if I can leap-frog into a conclusion I'm reasonably certain will serve me well. Notice how I said will serve me well and didn't say is necessarily correct. It's a kind of efficiency to not have to take absolutely every single person at face value and spend large amounts of time getting to know them as individuals with all their quirks and foibles in order to know whether to put them on my predictable or upredictable list. I'll make a quick assessment and let time take care of the revision when new and interesting data presents itself. Filtering the outer world is how I protect myself from information overload. I simply can't give each person a lot of my attention [in the name of data collection] because it becomes too much for me and I get quite scattered and lose my focus as a result. So unless someone presents to me as being of high personal value (whether that be emotional, intellectual or whatever), then I won't spend a lot of time taking in the details of that person. I'll slot them into my worldview quickly so I can get back to whatever it is going on in my head.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    If I may. It's not a personal affront. From my perspective deciding where someone fits into the scheme of things is just another task on my to do list. The faster I can tick that box as 'done' the less anxiety I feel. I am highly driven to get stuff done, so I might make a hasty decision and put someone on this list, but that's always open to change when I receive new data to the contrary. It's just my way of reducing the stress I feel in life. Nothing makes me more antsy than having an undone thing.

I'm not apt to spend large amounts of time collecting data if I can leap-frog into a conclusion I'm reasonably certain will serve me well. Notice how I said will serve me well and didn't say is necessarily correct. It's a kind of efficiency to not have to take absolutely every single person at face value and spend large amounts of time getting to know them as individuals with all their quirks and foibles in order to know whether to put them on my predictable or upredictable list. I'll make a quick assessment and let time take care of the revision when new and interesting data presents itself. Filtering the outer world is how I protect myself from information overload. I simply can't give each person a lot of my attention [in the name of data collection] because it becomes too much for me and I get quite scattered and lose my focus as a result. So unless someone presents to me as being of high personal value (whether that be emotional, intellectual or whatever), then I won't spend a lot of time taking in the details of that person. I'll slot them into my worldview quickly so I can get back to whatever it is going on in my head.
    Maybe that's what's so disconcerting to me: not the harsh judgement, but the lack of detail. It seems crazy to me, like if you hate someone, tell me why, and exactly how it applies to your contextual morality. I want to know why you think that person is a douchebag, and I want details.

I don't know how INFJs operate so differently, because they do; on the other hand, they actually seem fairly accepting (though not as personally accepting as ISFJs, they seem more universally accepting) unless you cross them, and once you cross them, THAT IS IT.

At least with INFJ's there's a path leading to the slammed gate. An INTJ may decide the slam the gate for various sundry reasons, that may or may not be deserved.

WhoCares

I won't argue with you there. Yes we do make snap decisions and they are not always correct ones. Closure is what I am highly driven towards and I will even prefer closure of the 'wrong' variety in preference to lack of closure. I guess what we are seeing here is the difference between S and N. Mostly I don't want too much detail because I can't see the forrest for the tree's if I immerse myself in it.

It's interesting because the one personality I find very difficult to get along with is the ISFJ, I know two, one male and the other female. Both of them have what appears to be some seething and instant hatred towards me even though neither of them know me at all beyond pleasantries. If you ask me why I dislike or rather have an aversion to them, it's the way they always make some snide remark directed at me. I may obstensibly be a rational by type, but I'm extremely sensitive to others disapproval and dislike of me. Life has taught me that approx 90% of all people I encounter will be hostile towards me so I have learned to shut out 90% of people on this basis. It's not easy to be in the presence of another person's dislike of you, hence the reason why I take in as few details of the outside world as possible. I'm constantly scanning the outside world for the 10% who will accept me and I put my focus there. To do otherwise would be to constantly feel like I want to commit suicide.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Honestly, Ill take INTJ pigeonholing any day. Most of it is usually based on personal preference, not intense dislike. Almost an objective type of 'I have no use for the person for the moment' kind of thing. It is honest, to the point and a lot less hateful than some other types do. Granted, it also makes them occasionally short-sighted and seem arrogant as they judge that quickly, but at least the judgement isn't a personal insult usually.

Then again, I also love tormenting them by being too unpredictable to classify quickly or making them redo the work over and over again by showing different sides
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Honestly, Ill take INTJ pigeonholing any day. Most of it is usually based on personal preference, not intense dislike. Almost an objective type of 'I have no use for the person for the moment' kind of thing. It is honest, to the point and a lot less hateful than some other types do. Granted, it also makes them occasionally short-sighted and seem arrogant as they judge that quickly, but at least the judgement isn't a personal insult usually.
    I prefer the ISTJ harsh personal dislike, in full detail about their obnoxious children or funny story about their foul personal behavior.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I prefer the ISTJ harsh personal dislike, in full detail about their obnoxious children or funny story about their foul personal behavior.
    My grandfather was like that. The stories are awesome, but I rather not be the target, lol.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

My grandfather was like that. The stories are awesome, but I rather not be the target, lol.
    I love the feeling of being included within the audience and not the target, "in the know" so to speak. Storytelling is something I understand. I feel more human about it, like at least I know why they dislike, why they hate, I see into their psychology, I relate (or I don't, but at least I see into why they do feel that way) ... and when it's about me, it's easier to take, somehow.

I think impersonality of INTJs really bugs me.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I love the feeling of being included within the audience and not the target, "in the know" so to speak. Storytelling is something I understand. I feel more human about it, like at least I know why they dislike, why they hate, I see into their psychology, I relate (or I don't, but at least I see into why they do feel that way) ... and when it's about me, it's easier to take, somehow.

I think impersonality of INTJs really bugs me.
    But once an ISTJ dislikes you, I find it is usually set in stone. Granted, I don't have too much experience with the type and my grandfather doted on me so he doesn't count.

I find that if you cause INTJs to reclassify you enough times, they take the actual time to check out what you are in fact all about....and thats when you become part of their story. They have to reveal something themselves to get the info they want at that particular time, so you do get a glimpse into their make up
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

But once an ISTJ dislikes you, I find it is usually set in stone. Granted, I don't have too much experience with the type and my grandfather doted on me so he doesn't count.

I find that if you cause INTJs to reclassify you enough times, they take the actual time to check out what you are in fact all about....and thats when you become part of their story. They have to reveal something themselves to get the info they want at that particular time, so you do get a glimpse into their make up
    I don't know, I've never been fully disliked by an ISTJ who actually mattered to me; and I've never had an INTJ re-classify me.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I don't know, I've never been fully disliked by an ISTJ who actually mattered to me; and I've never had an INTJ re-classify me.
    Ive had the 'you are weird' stamp on my forehead before. And it is really hard to remove. Takes a lot of one on one time with the ISTJ. And even then. They remember their first impression well. INTJs usually have a lousy memory and I love using that against them

As for reclassification..you are a complex human being. Even if the INTJ believes they can trust their Ni to grasp the essence and reduce you to two sentences (which, admittedly, they rule at with just about everything else). Two sentences, as handy as it is to file away and use as a recap, do not do a person justice imo. So..show them what they have missed in their first cataloguing attempt. And make sure you hold some back, so you can do it over..and over..and over again
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★