• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Female INTP Characters?

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I...apologize if I, an NF, have transgressed by starting a topic in an NT subforum, but I felt like this was the best place to put this...

I was wondering...what do female INTP characters look like in fiction? What are some examples of them? The reason I ask is because I was wondering if one (or more) of my female characters in a story I'm working on was an INTP...

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would say the female protagonist in Endymion who is an incarnation of love of the god of human consciousness sent into the past in an intergalactic war with the god of ai consciousness is an INTp. The hyperion series is quite interesting if you have not read it.

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This is an interesting question. I have actually never encountered an INTP female character in a book.

IRL an easy way to spot the female ones is to pay attention to the precision with which they speak. The words are somewhat far apart from each other and there is a sense of intense concentration on choosing the most accurate word.

Perhaps Vickers from Prometheus, but the actress herself strikes me as an ISTP so I don't really know if it's a good example. I hope this has been helpful. Good luck.

dom Ti leaves a sense of coldness, precision, even cruelty in a special way. Yet women are generally pushed to be more social and warm so this character is not a typical INTP (if at all).

herbpixie

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I...apologize if I, an NF, have transgressed by starting a topic in an NT subforum, but I felt like this was the best place to put this...

I was wondering...what do female INTP characters look like in fiction? What are some examples of them? The reason I ask is because I was wondering if one (or more) of my female characters in a story I'm working on was an INTP...

I think that Sarah Linden from "The Killing" may be an example of an INTP female in fiction, although it can be hard to type fictional characters. It's hard to tell because the character is under stress during the entire show. I also hear that the lead character from the show "Bones" is one, but I've never watched the show, so I don't know for sure. I'm having a difficult time thinking of a female INTP in literature.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Liz Lemon from 30 rock always struck me as INTP.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is an interesting question. I have actually never encountered an INTP female character in a book.

IRL an easy way to spot the female ones is to pay attention to the precision with which they speak. The words are somewhat far apart from each other and there is a sense of intense concentration on choosing the most accurate word.

Perhaps Vickers from Prometheus, but the actress herself strikes me as an ISTP so I don't really know if it's a good example. I hope this has been helpful. Good luck.

dom Ti leaves a sense of coldness, precision, even cruelty in a special way. Yet women are generally pushed to be more social and warm so this character is not a typical INTP (if at all).

Come to Papa.

Okay user to whom I have just unwittingly alerted by saying Come to Papa to that potentially INTP chick. quick question, OKAY - two quick questions.

What's (or Who'se) Dom Ti? and Who is she?

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Question: would INTP females would be more inclined to nurture their Inferior Fe due to culture, but modestly use their Ti as their 'secret weapon', so to speak?

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No I think INTP have such weak Fe to begin with they wouldn't think to be strategic with their Ti. It would take a certain social savvy to hide your Ti and I think many INTPs don't even realize when they aren't performing well socially. Also because they tend to use pure logic, developing Fe for the sake of culture wouldn't appeal INTPs and would actually probably make them a little bitter for having to conform to illogical social conventions like small talk.

I think, when dealing with new people rather than ideas or theories, rather than a secrete weapon our Ti can be very crippling. Being extremely literal, not making eye contact, basically over-thinking it.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Question: would INTP females would be more inclined to nurture their Inferior Fe due to culture, but modestly use their Ti as their 'secret weapon', so to speak?

Yes. And due to the way our brains and instincts work.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Well, I was raised by an ENTP and Fe mattered to her, that might have played a role.

I would agree that, for several reasons, female INTPs tend to develope their Fe a little more than the males. I don't think it's a conscious decision though, more the natural result of hormones and social conditioning.

As for using Ti as a "secret weapon"...it is not a tool you decide to use. As an INTP, it's an integral part of you. It's like breathing.

With age I have learned to keep it under control though and have gotten better at stopping myself from doing the "well, actually..." routine and other type-related trademark tricks. I still think it but then ask myself if it's worth derailing the conversation, potentially offending somebody, humiliating them by calling them out on their inconsistencies or half-knowledge, etc. The gut reaction is still there but you can learn to judge when it is wiser to bit/hold your tongue.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think the idea of a some one using Fe but secretly manipulating with Ti sounds more like the ESTP

Mitsuko Souma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
I only saw one episode of it out of boredom but the title character "Bones" from the show Bones struck me as an INTP female? Not sure though since I only saw an episode; maybe INTJ?

Philosorapteuse

right on the left wing
MBTI Type
INTP

I certainly don't. Screw those stereotypes, I'm nobody's fluffy bunny just because I'm in possession of two X chromosomes, and I won't pretend to be. I'm proud of being logical and detached, and wouldn't dream of hiding it in order to fit in "as a girl". Why would I do that? It's what I do best, and it doesn't stop being valuable according to gender. I've learned to soften the brutal hard edges of it because I realised I was being kind of an arrogant dick, which is a trait I dislike in others. It's true that I've spent a lot of effort in developing my Fe over the last few years, but it was a conscious response to being criticised, and it certainly wasn't because I'm female. It was because I wanted to be what I consider a decent person, regardless of gender.

Of course, it's possible that if I were male I wouldn't have received that criticism. But the decision to change still wasn't based on societal gender expectations.

Sorry about that... Hot button. <insert rant on gender roles here> :ranting:

herbpixie

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Hahahaha. No. I've always rebelled against being the touchy feely female that some of my more traditional family members wanted me to be. And I'm just not socially savvy enough to use Ti as a secret weapon. It's just sort of there and, like another poster stated, a part of me. It's not something I use, I don't think. It's something I am.

Having said that, my Fe may be slightly more developed than an INTP male because of the culture in which I grew up. Southern women are supposed to be genteel and gracious. I never got to that point, but I did learn to curb the tendency to blurt out whatever I might be thinking at the moment.

Last edited:

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Alright, I think I understand now.

But I digress; any other ideas for female INTP characters?

Caesar

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can think of a couple of female INTPs (whom I know) who would make excellent characters, but it seems writers don't like to make females INTPs, or female NTs in general. The only female INTJ character I can think of is Clarice Starling. The closest I can think of is Bella Swan, but that's probably due to the fact that Kristen Stewart just can't get out of her goddamn personality (she's probably an INTP herself, what with her mannerisms). Nothing against INTPs, just actors who can't get out of their own skin to play the blasted part.

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I can think of a couple of female INTPs (whom I know) who would make excellent characters, but it seems writers don't like to make females INTPs, or female NTs in general. The only female INTJ character I can think of is Clarice Starling. The closest I can think of is Bella Swan, but that's probably due to the fact that Kristen Stewart just can't get out of her goddamn personality (she's probably an INTP herself, what with her mannerisms). Nothing against INTPs, just actors who can't get out of their own skin to play the blasted part.

Bella Swan is an XXXX, because she is just a substitute for the reader to insert themselves.