123 Last

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    845 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Default Female INTP Characters?

I...apologize if I, an NF, have transgressed by starting a topic in an NT subforum, but I felt like this was the best place to put this...

I was wondering...what do female INTP characters look like in fiction? What are some examples of them? The reason I ask is because I was wondering if one (or more) of my female characters in a story I'm working on was an INTP...

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I would say the female protagonist in Endymion who is an incarnation of love of the god of human consciousness sent into the past in an intergalactic war with the god of ai consciousness is an INTp. The hyperion series is quite interesting if you have not read it.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

This is an interesting question. I have actually never encountered an INTP female character in a book.

IRL an easy way to spot the female ones is to pay attention to the precision with which they speak. The words are somewhat far apart from each other and there is a sense of intense concentration on choosing the most accurate word.

Perhaps Vickers from Prometheus, but the actress herself strikes me as an ISTP so I don't really know if it's a good example. I hope this has been helpful. Good luck.

dom Ti leaves a sense of coldness, precision, even cruelty in a special way. Yet women are generally pushed to be more social and warm so this character is not a typical INTP (if at all).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ribonuke View Post
    I...apologize if I, an NF, have transgressed by starting a topic in an NT subforum, but I felt like this was the best place to put this...

I was wondering...what do female INTP characters look like in fiction? What are some examples of them? The reason I ask is because I was wondering if one (or more) of my female characters in a story I'm working on was an INTP...
    I think that Sarah Linden from "The Killing" may be an example of an INTP female in fiction, although it can be hard to type fictional characters. It's hard to tell because the character is under stress during the entire show. I also hear that the lead character from the show "Bones" is one, but I've never watched the show, so I don't know for sure. I'm having a difficult time thinking of a female INTP in literature.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Liz Lemon from 30 rock always struck me as INTP.

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    This is an interesting question. I have actually never encountered an INTP female character in a book.

IRL an easy way to spot the female ones is to pay attention to the precision with which they speak. The words are somewhat far apart from each other and there is a sense of intense concentration on choosing the most accurate word.

Perhaps Vickers from Prometheus, but the actress herself strikes me as an ISTP so I don't really know if it's a good example. I hope this has been helpful. Good luck.

dom Ti leaves a sense of coldness, precision, even cruelty in a special way. Yet women are generally pushed to be more social and warm so this character is not a typical INTP (if at all).
    Come to Papa.

Okay user to whom I have just unwittingly alerted by saying Come to Papa to that potentially INTP chick. quick question, OKAY - two quick questions.

What's (or Who'se) Dom Ti? and Who is she?

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    845 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Question: would INTP females would be more inclined to nurture their Inferior Fe due to culture, but modestly use their Ti as their 'secret weapon', so to speak?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

No I think INTP have such weak Fe to begin with they wouldn't think to be strategic with their Ti. It would take a certain social savvy to hide your Ti and I think many INTPs don't even realize when they aren't performing well socially. Also because they tend to use pure logic, developing Fe for the sake of culture wouldn't appeal INTPs and would actually probably make them a little bitter for having to conform to illogical social conventions like small talk.

I think, when dealing with new people rather than ideas or theories, rather than a secrete weapon our Ti can be very crippling. Being extremely literal, not making eye contact, basically over-thinking it.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Question: would INTP females would be more inclined to nurture their Inferior Fe due to culture, but modestly use their Ti as their 'secret weapon', so to speak?
    Yes. And due to the way our brains and instincts work.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Well, I was raised by an ENTP and Fe mattered to her, that might have played a role.

I would agree that, for several reasons, female INTPs tend to develope their Fe a little more than the males. I don't think it's a conscious decision though, more the natural result of hormones and social conditioning.

As for using Ti as a "secret weapon"...it is not a tool you decide to use. As an INTP, it's an integral part of you. It's like breathing.

With age I have learned to keep it under control though and have gotten better at stopping myself from doing the "well, actually..." routine and other type-related trademark tricks. I still think it but then ask myself if it's worth derailing the conversation, potentially offending somebody, humiliating them by calling them out on their inconsistencies or half-knowledge, etc. The gut reaction is still there but you can learn to judge when it is wiser to bit/hold your tongue.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari
    Likes Kaizer liked this post