• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Female INTP Characters?

Mitsuko Souma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
Female protagonist of Twilight. :(
Ah; her...... Not a fan; saw the movies and never read the books. She seemed ISTP to me (movie version).

Also... Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter struck me as an INTP but she may be an INFP... not sure if she has Fi or Ti working.... one of those I am certain she is though. :p

Caesar

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was commenting on the movie Bella, of course. The book Bella was just a "typical teen angst template" designed to appeal to girls.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I only saw one episode of it out of boredom but the title character "Bones" from the show Bones struck me as an INTP female? Not sure though since I only saw an episode; maybe INTJ?

Neither. She seems more ISTJ.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What about Daria?

Cartesian Theater

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w1
River Tam from Firefly is an INTP.

Question: would INTP females would be more inclined to nurture their Inferior Fe due to culture, but modestly use their Ti as their 'secret weapon', so to speak?
ENTP females are known to do this, but I've never heard of an INTP female nurturing their Fe to conform to society. Unless it's a fairly old and well rounded INTP, she would likely end up either using the shadow function Fi in place of Ti in a very unhealthy way (judging people as good or bad, trying to act morally superior in public, etc.) or simply use Ti to pretend to have more emotions. It's very common for people with an inferior Feeling function to put up a false persona during emotional situations - learning how to fake being compassionate, angry, sad, etc. and learning how to read faces in a more scientific way. A female INTP who feels pressured to appear more emotional might learn how to fake cry or say "aww" when in reality she feels nothing about the situation.

Priori

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I'm pretty sure Dr. Brennan from Bones is an ISTJ not an INTP. She's too organized, has many sensor type skills and rarely take intuitive leaps. She even admonishes other characters for jumping to conclusions and mocks Booth for relying on his 'gut.'

River Tam could be INTP, it's hard to tell with her condition.

Cartesian Theater

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w1
I'm pretty sure Dr. Brennan from Bones is an ISTJ not an INTP. She's too organized, has many sensor type skills and rarely take intuitive leaps. She even admonishes other characters for jumping to conclusions and mocks Booth for relying on his 'gut.'

River Tam could be INTP, it's hard to tell with her condition.

Bones is definitely not an INTP; probably an INTJ though. The obsession with solving puzzles combined with her total lack of awareness of anything going on around her just screams Ni.

River's condition makes her schizophrenic, but it doesn't change which functions she uses. If you look at young River vs. when she goes crazy, she still has the same interest in gaining knowledge/understanding, is very creative, tends to be reclusive, and shows little interest in feelings. Although her behavior becomes unpredictable and she reacts strongly to everything, none of her actions suggest that she could be a Feeler, an Extrovert or a Sensor. She definitely does not use Te or Se, so that leads me to conclude that she must be an INTP.

Priori

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
That all makes a lot of sense.

madhatter

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
NO. Bones is a ISTJ. I wrote about it on PerC. And I'm right.

Yes, for a while I thought Bones was INTJ, but I can definitely see ISTJ now. There's no doubt she's a Te-user.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Explain to me why she's ISTJ?

She shows no Ni. She notices concrete details, not abstract patterns. Of course there are similarities to an INTJ, in many ways INTJ and ISTJ are most like each other. But in the ways that they're different, she has more in common with the ISTJ type.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
She shows no Ni. She notices concrete details, not abstract patterns. Of course there are similarities to an INTJ, in many ways INTJ and ISTJ are most like each other. But in the ways that they're different, she has more in common with the ISTJ type.

Interesting. I'm going to have to analyze her more carefully next time I watch that show.

Tulippa

MBTI Type
INTP
I am not 100% sure about these... but
Luna Lovegood (though she could be Infp)
Martha Jones from Doctor who
Summer from 500 days of Summer?
Ramona Flowers?
Jane from Breaking Bad

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think that Sarah Linden from "The Killing" may be an example of an INTP female in fiction,
Sara Lund, yes, although ISTP also works.
Lisbeth Salander
Maggie Tulliver
Merida (Brave)
Jo (Little Women)
Catherine (Proof)
Juno
Ada McGrath (The Piano)

A female INTP who feels pressured to appear more emotional might learn how to fake cry or say "aww" when in reality she feels nothing about the situation.
No.