User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

I think the idea of a some one using Fe but secretly manipulating with Ti sounds more like the ESTP

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LIE

I only saw one episode of it out of boredom but the title character "Bones" from the show Bones struck me as an INTP female? Not sure though since I only saw an episode; maybe INTJ?

right on the left wing Philosorapteuse's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ribonuke View Post
    Question: would INTP females would be more inclined to nurture their Inferior Fe due to culture, but modestly use their Ti as their 'secret weapon', so to speak?
    I certainly don't. Screw those stereotypes, I'm nobody's fluffy bunny just because I'm in possession of two X chromosomes, and I won't pretend to be. I'm proud of being logical and detached, and wouldn't dream of hiding it in order to fit in "as a girl". Why would I do that? It's what I do best, and it doesn't stop being valuable according to gender. I've learned to soften the brutal hard edges of it because I realised I was being kind of an arrogant dick, which is a trait I dislike in others. It's true that I've spent a lot of effort in developing my Fe over the last few years, but it was a conscious response to being criticised, and it certainly wasn't because I'm female. It was because I wanted to be what I consider a decent person, regardless of gender.

Of course, it's possible that if I were male I wouldn't have received that criticism. But the decision to change still wasn't based on societal gender expectations.

Sorry about that... Hot button. <insert rant on gender roles here>
    "A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices." --William James

I'd be a card-carrying sensotard, but I can't find the goddamn card.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ribonuke View Post
    Question: would INTP females would be more inclined to nurture their Inferior Fe due to culture, but modestly use their Ti as their 'secret weapon', so to speak?
    Hahahaha. No. I've always rebelled against being the touchy feely female that some of my more traditional family members wanted me to be. And I'm just not socially savvy enough to use Ti as a secret weapon. It's just sort of there and, like another poster stated, a part of me. It's not something I use, I don't think. It's something I am.

Having said that, my Fe may be slightly more developed than an INTP male because of the culture in which I grew up. Southern women are supposed to be genteel and gracious. I never got to that point, but I did learn to curb the tendency to blurt out whatever I might be thinking at the moment.
    Last edited by herbpixie; 07-06-2012 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Edited for typo

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    845 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Alright, I think I understand now.

But I digress; any other ideas for female INTP characters?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

hmm...

Art3mis in Ready Player One?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTp

I can think of a couple of female INTPs (whom I know) who would make excellent characters, but it seems writers don't like to make females INTPs, or female NTs in general. The only female INTJ character I can think of is Clarice Starling. The closest I can think of is Bella Swan, but that's probably due to the fact that Kristen Stewart just can't get out of her goddamn personality (she's probably an INTP herself, what with her mannerisms). Nothing against INTPs, just actors who can't get out of their own skin to play the blasted part.
    "Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I can think of a couple of female INTPs (whom I know) who would make excellent characters, but it seems writers don't like to make females INTPs, or female NTs in general. The only female INTJ character I can think of is Clarice Starling. The closest I can think of is Bella Swan, but that's probably due to the fact that Kristen Stewart just can't get out of her goddamn personality (she's probably an INTP herself, what with her mannerisms). Nothing against INTPs, just actors who can't get out of their own skin to play the blasted part.
    Bella Swan is an XXXX, because she is just a substitute for the reader to insert themselves.
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by raine_lynn View Post
    Bella Swan is an XXXX, because she is just a substitute for the reader to insert themselves.
    Who is "Bella Swan?"

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuko Souma View Post
    Who is "Bella Swan?"
    Female protagonist of Twilight.
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!