User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default Being an Muslim INTP

Most INTPs are atheist/agnostic, but I'm somewhat of a rarity as a Muslim INTP. I've always been fascinated by the concept of God. The Islamic conception of God, which is strictly unitarian, always seemed more logical than both the Christian trinity and/or polytheism. Islam has a simple and clear theology, unencumbered by so-called "mysteries" found in some other religions. Furthermore, I've long been interested in metaphysics and cosmological arguments (especially the Kalam argument) and I enjoy analysing them in depth.

Islam is strongly communal (although there is also an emphasis on individual rights) so I sometimes struggle between my highly individualistic and "loner" nature and my duty to interact with believers.

Any other INTP Muslims out there?
    "But only in their dreams can men be truly free. 'Twas always thus, and always thus will be." - Dead Poets Society

Enneagram: 5w4 sp

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I am Taoist, the perfect balancing of the forces of nature harnessed into harmony, although I think Lao Tzu, the founder of Taoism could have been INTP, however Ni seems more likely. (Lao Tzu is just like Yoda!)

Permabanned

Not me.
    I'm kind of at odds with religion. I don't necessarily believe or not, I assume any body of thought that can speak authoritatively on religion will transcend the belief/disbelief binary.

I'm guessing that's more of an Eastern position...and I'm enjoy reading works from that school.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I think the closest I could potentially get to becoming a theist is becoming a deist. That is to say, if my parents were deists, I probably would have been deist as well. It's one of the few religions that my mind could vibe with. I was raised a christian but could never conform myself to that belief. From a rather young age the concept of christianity felt too alien to me to assume without question.

Anyways, I'm most comfortable being agnostic, and I am glad to have been given the freedom to make up my own mind.

Might I ask where you live? Because being a muslim and being a muslim can be two entirely different things depending on the country you live in.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Might I ask where you live? Because being a muslim and being a muslim can be two entirely different things depending on the country you live in.
    I live in the UK. I don't consider myself to be one of those so-called "liberal" Muslims. I take Islam seriously. But, of course, an NT like me experiences religion differently than a Feeling type would.
    "But only in their dreams can men be truly free. 'Twas always thus, and always thus will be." - Dead Poets Society

Enneagram: 5w4 sp

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

What I meant to say is that in a country where you are free to choose your beliefs, it would be much easier for an INTP to conform to a belief as opposed to living in a society where you're pretty much forcefed your religion. In which case it might cause a lot of stress because an INTP will try to naturally fight against those impulses. It has to be a choice or it isn't a choice at all.

So I assume being a muslim INTP in the UK would probably be a lot easier than being a muslim in a country that does not have the same freedoms and rights.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

I'm an ENTP - and I used to be a Muslim before I saw the logic fall apart after two decades of not so consistent, but systematic research.

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

I'm me.

lol, all these labels.

I wonder, @The Unknown Essence, what are your thoughts on MBTI type being nurture or nature? as, this thread has me wondering and asking if you were raised under the teachings of Islam/did you convert?, are you devout?

Enneagram
    4w5

I grew up in a country where 96% of population is Muslim, and where Islam has a pervasive influence in all areas of daily life from politics, fashion.... to people's diet ( any guess where???).. I am not Muslim nor I am INTP, but can imagine how being a devout Muslim can be in conflict with being an INTP. Mainly because to be religious Muslim , at some point, you have to accept certain concepts as "the law", and there would be no room for analysis or challenge... Although the Islam theoratically welcomes debate and/or doubt, it does percieve it as a lack of blind faith....

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Muslim intps should be shot right away in my opinion.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]