• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Being an Muslim INTP

The Unknown Essence

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Most INTPs are atheist/agnostic, but I'm somewhat of a rarity as a Muslim INTP. I've always been fascinated by the concept of God. The Islamic conception of God, which is strictly unitarian, always seemed more logical than both the Christian trinity and/or polytheism. Islam has a simple and clear theology, unencumbered by so-called "mysteries" found in some other religions. Furthermore, I've long been interested in metaphysics and cosmological arguments (especially the Kalam argument) and I enjoy analysing them in depth.

Islam is strongly communal (although there is also an emphasis on individual rights) so I sometimes struggle between my highly individualistic and "loner" nature and my duty to interact with believers.

Any other INTP Muslims out there?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am Taoist, the perfect balancing of the forces of nature harnessed into harmony, although I think Lao Tzu, the founder of Taoism could have been INTP, however Ni seems more likely. (Lao Tzu is just like Yoda!)

xisnotx

Permabanned
Not me.
I'm kind of at odds with religion. I don't necessarily believe or not, I assume any body of thought that can speak authoritatively on religion will transcend the belief/disbelief binary.

I'm guessing that's more of an Eastern position...and I'm enjoy reading works from that school.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think the closest I could potentially get to becoming a theist is becoming a deist. That is to say, if my parents were deists, I probably would have been deist as well. It's one of the few religions that my mind could vibe with. I was raised a christian but could never conform myself to that belief. From a rather young age the concept of christianity felt too alien to me to assume without question.

Anyways, I'm most comfortable being agnostic, and I am glad to have been given the freedom to make up my own mind.

Might I ask where you live? Because being a muslim and being a muslim can be two entirely different things depending on the country you live in. ;)

The Unknown Essence

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Might I ask where you live? Because being a muslim and being a muslim can be two entirely different things depending on the country you live in. ;)

I live in the UK. I don't consider myself to be one of those so-called "liberal" Muslims. I take Islam seriously. But, of course, an NT like me experiences religion differently than a Feeling type would.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What I meant to say is that in a country where you are free to choose your beliefs, it would be much easier for an INTP to conform to a belief as opposed to living in a society where you're pretty much forcefed your religion. In which case it might cause a lot of stress because an INTP will try to naturally fight against those impulses. It has to be a choice or it isn't a choice at all.

So I assume being a muslim INTP in the UK would probably be a lot easier than being a muslim in a country that does not have the same freedoms and rights.

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm an ENTP - and I used to be a Muslim before I saw the logic fall apart after two decades of not so consistent, but systematic research.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm me.

lol, all these labels.

I wonder, [MENTION=1092]The Unknown Essence[/MENTION], what are your thoughts on MBTI type being nurture or nature? as, this thread has me wondering and asking if you were raised under the teachings of Islam/did you convert?, are you devout?

Darya

Enneagram
4w5
I grew up in a country where 96% of population is Muslim, and where Islam has a pervasive influence in all areas of daily life from politics, fashion.... to people's diet ( any guess where???).. I am not Muslim nor I am INTP, but can imagine how being a devout Muslim can be in conflict with being an INTP. Mainly because to be religious Muslim , at some point, you have to accept certain concepts as "the law", and there would be no room for analysis or challenge... Although the Islam theoratically welcomes debate and/or doubt, it does percieve it as a lack of blind faith....

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Muslim intps should be shot right away in my opinion.

Darya

Enneagram
4w5
Unless you are attemptng to gain an attention, as devout Jew who cares greatly about Judaism and sees Holocust as great tragedy AND lived in a Muslim country, my answer is NO. I had many Muslim friends grewing up,... Most are warm, family oreinted, loving people.. Dont let your fairness be detoriated by the NEWS being made by fundamentalist groups or gvernements who for their own political gains or personal grudges are misrepresnting the 1.2 Billion good people..

BTW Holucust was made by a Christian INFJ not a Muslim.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
before you judge anyone READ MY POST.

hehe you already won the prize for knowing me. That far only few people got. Still I wont read your post, cause I know you worry too much and people who worry do not play in my class

Darya

Enneagram
4w5
Haha great we are on the same page and People who make any joke to get any kind of attention are not welcomed in mine..

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Haha great we are on the same page and People who make any joke to get any kind of attention are not welcomed in mine..

Yup and so prejudices make threads like this happen. We both know that shooting a muslim is the same like shooting an american. Killing people is bad (except for its your ex girlfriend). Buckle up americans, discussions like these only press tear drops.

In a free world you can be anything, even a muslim intp (tho I still do not understand where the antithesis lies)

Darya

Enneagram
4w5
:delete1::delete1:A wise man told me once stuff on the computrer stays forever..

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I dunno how you made me to be nice, but I regret it !