User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 39

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    entp are the most rational of rational in that element. it's only perceived as a suck up. if it was visa versa, the other may see it as a suck up when, the whole time, they're neutral. they get along for the sake of civilization. because civilization is rational.
    Yeah I think im very objective, and dont take sides much in conflicts, however when you try to explain the other persons point of view you often get attacked for taking their side...

  2. #22
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Myrtle View Post
    Yeah I think im very objective, and dont take sides much in conflicts, however when you try to explain the other persons point of view you often get attacked for taking their side...
    This this is what fucks me up. I'm actually pretty damn subjective in conflicts. Now I'm getting even more confused about my type.

  3. #23
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    This this is what fucks me up. I'm actually pretty damn subjective in conflicts. Now I'm getting even more confused about my type.

    What are you confused about?

    ENTP's argue objective statements subjectively... or that's how I feel I go about things.

  4. #24
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    What are you confused about?

    ENTP's argue objective statements subjectively... or that's how I feel I go about things.
    What I mean is that I'm very good at arguing points and using evidence to win arguments, but I often get very emotionally tied into arguments. I really had to work hard on this not to get emotional in arguments.

  5. #25
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    What I mean is that I'm very good at arguing points and using evidence to win arguments, but I often get very emotionally tied into arguments. I really had to work hard on this not to get emotional in arguments.

    Why would that make you not ENTP? Or am I assuming too much.... does it reaffirm your belief in your ENTPness?

  6. #26
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Why would that make you not ENTP? Or am I assuming too much.... does it reaffirm your belief in your ENTPness?
    I thought ENTP types were very objective and emotionless when they argue. They don't seem to let emotions cloud their judgement and do what is logical and what makes sense to them?

  7. #27
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I thought ENTP types were very objective and emotionless when they argue. They don't seem to let emotions cloud their judgement and do what is logical and what makes sense to them?

    Dude, I don't know what I was reading. When I read your post I thought you said you didn't get emotional, and worked very hard to stay non-emotional in arguments. My bad.



    Well, I suppose it depends. When you get emotional in arguments, are they arguments about subjects you feel you are well read on?

  8. #28
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Dude, I don't know what I was reading. When I read your post I thought you said you didn't get emotional, and worked very hard to stay non-emotional in arguments. My bad.



    Well, I suppose it depends. When you get emotional in arguments, are they arguments about subjects you feel you are well read on?
    1. Sometimes I lose my temper and get pissed when arguing about something I really know that I am right about and the other person is making me look like a fool.
    2. Sometimes I can get emotional when I am arguing about something I strongly believe in. (which I must admit sounds Fi)
    3. Often times I get emotional and feel great fear when I know that the other person that I am arguing against is more intelligent than me and that I will probably lose. That makes me afraid.

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    1. Sometimes I lose my temper and get pissed when arguing about something I really know that I am right about and the other person is making me look like a fool.
    2. Sometimes I can get emotional when I am arguing about something I strongly believe in. (which I must admit sounds Fi)
    3. Often times I get emotional and feel great fear when I know that the other person that I am arguing against is more intelligent than me and that I will probably lose. That makes me afraid.
    I can relate to this. There is a certain frustration arguing I admit that. But mostley I find im trying to get the person to look at the other perspective, I dont really care if they agree with me or admits that "I'm right". What i find importent is showing that other perspectives are in place. I think this is greatly a Ne+Ti trait that we as ENTPs poses.

    Other types have a hard time dealing with many perspectives at ones from a logical standpoint. So if i can get them to see it and acknowledge that im pretty content. Persuading someone to believe in your point is very very hard unless them themselves do have a set point to begin with. Try persuading an INTP to change their views in something they have put some thought into it wont happens. INTPs though will readily see your point of view.

    I often ask the other person to desribe my point of view after saying they get it, usually the dont, they are so eager to get there evidence across that they dont listen to a word. Here you can make them look foolish if thats your goal.

    So I imagine a crowd (if there isent any) and convince them. Thats really what debating is about, you will never see a serious debate where one person submits to the others opinion.

    However some types are hard to even discuss with I find ESXJs especially hard...

    Then again I get upset alot of the times with bad deductive or inducive reasoning and they cant even comprehend the concepts, its frustrating. The trick is not minding and keeping a poker face, I think this is what a lot of ENTPs do, they convey there emotions alot out of fear, or im just projecting myself onto other ENTPs right now.

  10. #30
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    LOL, the one thing I hate about this forum is the pooled intelligence =/


    I feel inadequate when someone starts talking about string theory because I'm afraid my string theory isn't as versed as their string theory. I prefer people to say, "string what?" when I talk to them, lol.




    As for the topic, ENTP's get emotional. Arguing is emotional tugging, it's only natural. As an ENTP, are you okay with conceding your correctness when ample evidence is presented?

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] ENTPs and Dating
    By Sunshine in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 06:51 PM
  2. [ENTP] ENTPs and Fashion +OTHER TYPES!!!
    By EcK in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 12:05 AM
  3. [ENTP] ENTP and practice
    By dga in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-04-2009, 06:11 PM
  4. [ENTP] ENTPs and Developing One-Pointedness
    By Samuel De Mazarin in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 12:45 PM
  5. [ENTP] ENtp and Marijuana!
    By Maha Raj in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 02:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO