User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 111

  1. #81
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raine_lynn View Post
    I'm an Fi dom and to me, that first description of Ti sounds a lot like how I use Fi. In fact, introverted judging (in my opinion) in general is mostly about mental frameworks, evaluating on principals, and checking for inconsistency, that's not something that's limited to thinking, or excluded from feeling.

    Something I find strange is that, in the two descriptions that you posted, Ti is the one that contains the word 'principles' while Fi has the word 'truths'; normally it's the other way around, where Ti is concerned with objective truths, and Fi is about internal principles. Where did you find those descriptions?
    http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/

    And from http://www.personalitypage.com/html/INTP_per.html :

    "People with the INTP personality type are global thinkers. They see everything as one giant Entity that is connected, and seek knowledge about that Entity. They constantly seek the Truth, and have ultimate respect for the Truth. It is not easy for the INTP to reach a conclusion about the Truth. Their auxiliary function of Extraverted Intuition allows them to absorb the many complexities in our world, and they are driven to consider each of these complexities before reaching a conclusion. Once they have reached a conclusion, or discovered a Truth, they are *very* particular about the way that Truth is expressed and understood. They want to know that the principles of their understanding have been understood correctly, and demand absolute precision and correctness from others when describing these principles. They also apply these standards to themselves when communicating their knowledge. If they take the time to develop their communication so that it meets their own approval, they can be extremely good educational writers."

  2. #82
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Also it says
    INFP's are easy going and laid back until one of their values is threatened.
    INTP's are easy going and laid back until one of their principles is threatened.

    Over and over in descriptions of INTP and Ti I've seen the word principles.

  3. #83
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    My reasoning and use of "principles" has to do with (objective, underlying) principles upon which the world works; and the way I conduct myself (following principles which produce harmony which is mostly external) is always congruent with these. If I find myself incongruent because of emotion, I will see myself and my emotion in error.

    It was my impression that INFP's do it the other way around.

    INTP (Fe) ethics work from the outside in, and INFP (Fi) ethics work from the inside out.

  4. #84
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I personally think the second one is more me. My emotions tend to be unreliable and I try to leave them out of things.
    Hmm, in my Ti reasoning, my emotions don't play any roll, wether they are reliable or not. My Ti doesn't care.

    You're raising some interesting points, I'm sure it won't be long now until you can reach an understanding of your true self!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  5. #85
    defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx
    Posts
    346

    Default

    @greenfairy What is your enneagram tritype and stacking?
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

    Johari -- Nohari

    Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

  6. #86
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Hmm, in my Ti reasoning, my emotions don't play any roll, wether they are reliable or not. My Ti doesn't care.
    Well, mine don't play a role in Ti reasoning either. What I mean is that in life in general they are unreliable to produce good results for me if I act on them. To the extent that they inspire me to be assertive they are useful. But in order to really function well, I have to completely disengage from them and operate from an objective standpoint.

  7. #87
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raine_lynn View Post
    @greenfairy What is your enneagram tritype and stacking?
    I advised her to try and get a better understanding of her MBTI type before going to ennegram. Ennegram is quite a bit tougher to really figure out because you often can easily relate to many of the different types. I thought I was E5 for a very long time, because in my experience, I thought thinking was the most important part about me, but now I can't believe I never realized I was actually a 9, which makes much more sense on a more unconscious level. It's just easy to conform to the 5 for INTP's because their Ne picks up on it being the most obvious one rather easy.

    I've been told that MBTI is much more conscious, and Enneagram is much more unconscious. And from recent observations I can't agree more with that. But it also makes it very hard to self-type.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  8. #88
    defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I advised her to try and get a better understanding of her MBTI type before going to ennegram. Ennegram is quite a bit tougher to really figure out because you often can easily relate to many of the different types. I thought I was E5 for a very long time, because in my experience, I thought thinking was the most important part about me, but now I can't believe I never realized I was actually a 9, which makes much more sense on a more unconscious level. It's just easy to conform to the 5 for INTP's because their Ne picks up on it being the most obvious one rather easy.

    I've been told that MBTI is much more conscious, and Enneagram is much more unconscious. And from recent observations I can't agree more with that. But it also makes it very hard to self-type.
    Very good point, and if she doesn't already have the background in understanding Enneagram then I do agree with you; I was just asking on the off-chance that she was aware of what Enneatype she is, since that could be telling. I'm looking through some older posts now to try and make a more informed (and hopefully informative!) point.
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

    Johari -- Nohari

    Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

  9. #89
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raine_lynn View Post
    @greenfairy What is your enneagram tritype and stacking?
    Haha I don't know. All over the place once again. Big surprise. 3,4,5,6, and 7;
    3 more than 4, 5 more than 6 or maybe 5 and 6 equally. I had the results somewhere...I'll take it again.
    Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||| 42%
    Type 2 Helpfulness |||||| 26%
    Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||| 70%
    Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||| 50%
    Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||||||| 66%
    Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||||||| 70%
    Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||||| 70%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||| 54%
    Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||| 66%

    type score type behavior motivation
    3 17 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
    6 17 I must be secure and safe to survive.
    7 17 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
    5 16 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
    9 16 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
    8 13 I must be strong and in control to survive.
    4 12 I must be unique/different to survive.

  10. #90
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Haha I don't know. All over the place once again. Big surprise. 3,4,5,6, and 7;
    3 more than 4, 5 more than 6 or maybe 5 and 6 equally. I had the results somewhere...I'll take it again.
    Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||| 42%
    Type 2 Helpfulness |||||| 26%
    Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||| 70%
    Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||| 50%
    Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||||||| 66%
    Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||||||| 70%
    Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||||| 70%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||| 54%
    Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||| 66%

    type score type behavior motivation
    3 17 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
    6 17 I must be secure and safe to survive.
    7 17 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
    5 16 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
    9 16 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
    8 13 I must be strong and in control to survive.
    4 12 I must be unique/different to survive.
    It's normal for ennegram types to be all over the place. Most of the times test results are nothing more then mere indicators, further introspection is almost always required to eventually find your enneagram, unless you're lucy off the bat. :P

    First impression though, 6w5 the defender.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Similar Threads

  1. Final decision on my type between INTP and INFP.
    By Cat Brainz in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-01-2016, 07:10 PM
  2. Some points about me- your thoughts on my type and functions? :D
    By SwimmerGal97 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-28-2016, 09:45 PM
  3. Thoughts on my type version 2.0
    By greenfairy in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 232
    Last Post: 10-11-2012, 12:47 AM
  4. [MBTItm] Thoughts on this type relationship
    By whimsical in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 06:09 PM
  5. The Verdict on My Type
    By MerkW in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 11:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO