User Tag List

First 45678 Last

I'm not trying to embarrass or expose you. If anything, I'm trying to help you type yourself which is the purpose of this thread unless I'm mistaken. It's just obvious to me that you're not an INTP and very likely, are an INFP.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Anyone who feels qualified to tell you what your type is based on a handful of posts doesn't know enough about type to merit listening to. Typology 101.
    You probably have as good an understanding of type as anyone else who has posted in this thread.
    Cognitive function theories (there are more than one) are bullshit, on the whole.
    The most interesting/well-rounded people can be nigh on impossible to type and never have "textbook" CF orders.
    MBTI is a tool for self-understanding. It is not (or at least should not be) a badge for access into a club.
    MacGuffin is trolling you, just ignore him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

You are not a quintessential INTP or quintessential any other type for that matter, which is pretty clear.

But it seems they base the fact you are an INFP, because your test results are rather random, and that may indicate Fi. Fi strives for integrity and consistency in it's ideals, as a result Fi has a tendency to answer questions on a test conforming those set ideals which can overlap with tendencies of other functions, so that can lead to answering differently.

But I don't really think it's that simple. There are also some things you've said that don't seem INFP to me at all.

It's true your Ti is not pouring out from you, but this is an entirely new subject to you, causing you to have reservations. Makes it very hard for your Ti to come out. So that's perfectly explainable. I'm still behind my latest earlier assumption that you're INTP that uses Te as a shadow function.

I prefer giving you the benefit of the doubt based on your own ability to recognize yourself in the various descriptions. But it's good to keep an open mind and allow for more communication before anyone here, like @Salomé said, can type you effectively. Although, like Salomé insinuates, I don't agree that it is bad for people to share their opinions and observations, wether or not they are right is not the issue, their observations could still share a valuable angle of perception that can lead to useful discoveries. In your case, if they feel you appear Fi, it might just be because you're a bit overwhelmed and aren't really sure what to think, and just need some time to process this all with your Ti and still hold a valuable insight for you. But it might also be because you're Fi. Or that they're plain and simply wrong.

It's up to you to read up and try to understand the various functions and their workings to see which of the two you really are.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    lAlthough, like Salomé insinuates, I don't agree that it is bad for people to share their opinions and observations
    No. But it's ridiculous for them to beat her over the head with them.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    No. But it's ridiculous for them to beat her over the head with them.
    I think the question is wether or not she lets them beat her over the head with it. She largely controls the fashion in which she receives the information on this forum. And she can take it however she likes.

Ofcourse, in most cases it is usually best to trust some people here to have a better grasp of these things than you have when you are new. And not shoot them down just because you don't like what they say. That would be so Fi!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Ofcourse, in most cases it is usually best to trust some people here to have a better grasp of these things than you have when you are new. And not shoot them down just because you don't like what they say. That would be so Fi!
    That would be very naive, considering the quality of contributions to this thread.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

That would be very naive, considering the quality of contributions to this thread.
    It would be naive to think they are always right. It's not naive to think they could be right. >.>

You think in such extremes! :P

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

You said:
    It is usually best to trust some people here to have a better grasp of these things than you have
    I could not disagree more.

That does not make me an extremist.

People who say idiotic things like "you said this and therefore you are that", or "I haven't seen any evidence that you are my type, ergo you are not" are extremists.
    AKA Typo-Nazis.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

You said:

I could not disagree more.

That does not make me an extremist.

People who say idiotic things like "you said this and therefore you are that", or "I haven't seen any evidence that you are my type, ergo you are not" are extremists.
    AKA Typo-Nazis.
    Fair enough. I enjoy hearing other peoples opinions about me, wether they are wrong or right, I always enjoy figuring out why they think like they do and how I can use that to my advantage. I just have a different perspective on it. ^^

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Fair enough. I enjoy hearing other peoples opinions about me, wether they are wrong or right, I always enjoy figuring out why they think like they do and how I can use that to my advantage. I just have a different perspective on it. ^^
    OK. I think you're an INFP. No INTP would use that av or include "fluffy" in their handle.

Helpful? Or inane?