Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I am inclined to think you are biased. Can you back this up with reasoning and examples? Are INTP's too "rational" to believe in fairies? Are you suggesting there can be no explanation for their existence which in any way resembles rational?
    Saying absence of Ti tells me you are implying I am illogical. Or am I misinterpreting?

I'm pretty sure my reasoning in interpreting what hierarchy my CFs should be in based on the descriptions awhile back is an example of using Ti. Or do I have faulty definitions of Ti and logic?
    You mention astrology in the OP, but that's just a small example. Before you object to that, have it known I figured for an INFP before you made this thread, the OP carries little weight.

It's not as if NFs are incapable of logical reasoning, it's just what not drives them. Understanding things is not logic.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Ok. But you didn't really explain.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Ok. But you didn't really explain.
    It's hard to explain what Ne picks up. I'll just say you lack Ti, it's the absence of that which is most glaring.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Well, the purpose of the thread is to convince me, and you haven't given me anything remotely convincing or answered any of my questions. I don't see you using logic or exhibiting Ti either.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Well, the purpose of the thread is to convince me, and you haven't given me anything remotely convincing or answered any of my questions. I don't see you using logic or exhibiting Ti either.
    I don't see the point of convincing you, you won't believe it anyway. The purpose of me posting here is for everyone else.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Well you haven't provided anything convincing for anyone else either. You haven't provided any reasoning at all. You have provided several premises and failed to illustrate how they connect. Your argument comes down to A, not B, C implies B, therefore D. This argument can't be proven invalid, but the truth of the premises is not established either. And you don't know I wouldn't believe it. I do in fact possess the ability to evaluate an argument if it is clear. Try me.

because being ethical is very important to me. (Actually not so much anymore, I'm more of a relativist now).
    Fi.

inner harmony.
    Fi.
    And be happy, healthy, fit, and have a lot of fun. I want to experience a lot of cool things and have good relationships, and excel at a lot of things.
    NFness.

-I played the part of Kore/Persephone in a ritual and everyone thought I did an amazing job. They said that the beauty and grace of the dance I did with Pan touched them on a deep level, helping them connect to their own divine energy and have greater harmony with their sexuality. I felt beautiful and enchanting. It made me feel really good that I could have such a positive effect on people, and that I did a good job.
    NFness.
    -basically situations in which I excel- getting good grades in school, when I won an art award, finishing a 5k number 5 in my age group, dancing well, being well liked and admired in social situations; also having a positive effect on others using my talents-
    NFness.

Failure. Everything comes down to failure or success, and perfectionism.
    Honestly I think I make decisions with my intuition. I decide what feels right,
    Fi to the max.
    then balance it with advantages/disadvantages, benefits/costs, future investment value, what makes sense, feasibility, how I feel about it and whether it will make me happy or whether I'll hate it, etc.
    Te.
    I try to avoid making decisions which might have an effect on other people.
    Fi.

I like to work on my own projects, and my emphasis is on the quality of the final project and how well it expresses my ideas. Naturally I like to have control of the outcome.
    Fi and Te.

I remember feelings really well (even though I'm not very good at dealing with them).
    NFness.

I am very good at remembering what I see, read, hear, etc.
    Si.

Recently I went to a concert with the guy I'm seeing and my cousin and her boyfriend. The ride there was fun, listening to music and talking and laughing. The concert was awesome and the energy was really exciting. I loved dancing to the music with my guy and being silly.
    Ne and something else.

I have a lot of fun by myself too, but usually it's with my imaginary friends...
    INFP to the core.

Too lazy to blow up the rest of your post. This should be enough.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Well you haven't provided anything convincing for anyone else either.
    Oh, I have. There are two types of posters on this forum. Those that will look at the type you listed and take it at face value. A small percentage of posters will remember this thread and wonder how accurate the type is.

As to the rest, I don't care to try. That said, I don't dislike you or anything. I actually find you pretty interesting and good poster. I hope you stick around.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Fi.

Fi.
    NFness.

NFness.
    NFness.

Fi to the max.
    Te.
    Fi.

Fi and Te.

NFness.

Si.

Ne and something else.

INFP to the core.

Too lazy to blow up the rest of your post. This should be enough.
    Fair enough. Good assessment. I think there are just as many things I have mentioned which point to other functions, other things which dominate these, and things I have read which would attribute these to other functions and types, but that will have to wait for later.

What about the fact that my main goal in life is to know Ultimate Truth rather than find meaning or serve humanity? And the fact that I am willing to sacrifice any and all of my attachments and value judgments in pursuit of this? As in, objective vs. subjective, big picture vs. moral judgements, leaving emotion and feeling entirely out of things, etc.? There is a reason inner harmony came last in that list. Enlightenment came first. I only really seek inner harmony because I have learned the hard way no one really functions optimally without it.

Ok, INFP anyone else?

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

What about the fact that the description of INTP in the grip of inferior Fe describes every single thing that makes me angry or insecure and how I react in these situations 100%?

And why do I get into arguments with my INFP friends telling them to look at the big picture and be more objective?

Edit: I was actually a little confused and combining two things I read, inferior function in INTP and this description of the type: http://www.intp.org/intprofile.html

The description I thought was me 100% (make that 95% now), and at the time that I read about inferior Fe I thought it fit me 100% too. Now I can see myself a lot in inferior Te as well. I'm beginning to think I really am INXP, but my Ti doesn't like that.
    Last edited by greenfairy; 06-21-2012 at 01:12 PM.