User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

By the way, using Te a lot as a shadow function would likely insinuate that you have been exposed to a lot of Te users during your upbringing, having developped your Te through adapation, making it a prominent part of your unconscious mind.

Do you have any idea what types your parents/guardians were?

If true it wouldn't really be conclusive evidence, but it would at least strengthen the possibility.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Extroversion |||||||||| 34%
    Orderliness |||||||||||||||| 62%
    Emotional Stability |||||||||||||||| 66%
    Accommodation |||||| 28%
    Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||||||| 76%

Your results with the short form Big Five loosely correlate to INTJ.

Should add that I see more Te in you than Ti. As well, Fi resonates heavily throughout much of your responses in the opening post. As a guess, you're INFP, even though none of your results point in this direction.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Should add that I see more Te in you than Ti. As well, Fi resonates heavily throughout much of your responses in the opening post. As a guess, you're INFP, even though none of your results point in this direction.

Hm. Would you explain?

I do use Ti a lot, but it might not be apparent; I use categories, definitions, and archetypes a lot in my thought processes. And by a lot I mean it's hard for me to function if I can't put something into a category or find some sort of an explanation for it, even if it's a kind of crazy explanation. I analyze things to death, and in the minutest detail. I'm obsessed with astrology, which might not seem like an INTP thing, but I apply these archetypes to everything and everyone pretty much. The thought process with my particular use of and application of astrology is very Ti. I always need to know underlying principles, and that is the basis for my philosophy (the subject of which is currently my major). I love logic and use it as often as possible.

I guess I use Fi, but I feel like I incorporate it into my intuition. When I feel something, it is initially the same process for me as Ne or Ni except with the added emphasis from my unconscious mind of "pay attention to this!" It's not always directly connected to emotion or value or attachment.

I decided I couldn't be INFP for a number of reasons, but mainly that Ti would be a shadow function. And I have no problems whatsoever with Ti. More often Fi or emotions (which would be the domain of Fi rather than any of the other functions) causes me problems, so it makes more sense for Fi to be a shadow function. And it always ranks below the thinking functions in the tests.

But I am very interested to know your reasoning.

Okay, let's try this from another angle. Conceptualise for me how you think in general, in pictorial terms using metaphors or analogies. Forget JCF and MBTI terms.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I know a lot of people here get sick of all the "Please type meeeee!" threads, but this one is different. I am 99% sure I am INTP.
    I'm 99% sure you aren't INTP.

You strike me as INFP, rather strongly.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Okay, let's try this from another angle. Conceptualise for me how you think in general, in pictorial terms using metaphors or analogies. Forget JCF and MBTI terms.
    If I can't do it does that mean I'm not INTP? haha
    I think I would have to have a specific example.
    But in general, I see how something fits in with the system of understanding the world I have built up. I see whether it makes sense. I think about what the words and concepts mean, and see if I can apply them. I use deduction and induction. I look for contradictions and evidence. I break things apart. Also I am very visual and think in pictures a lot, but I can't draw them on here. Also energy patterns and diagrams. There might be more. Maybe I'm letting the terms color my thoughts- I do think in impressions and take into consideration what I value and like/dislike, but I never let that be my final answer because I want to measure subjectivity against objective truth and the big picture.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I'm 99% sure you aren't INTP.

You strike me as INFP, rather strongly.
    What?? Why??
    Is this reasoning fundamentally flawed? Have I been living a lie??
    I decided I couldn't be INFP for a number of reasons, but mainly that Ti would be a shadow function. And I have no problems whatsoever with Ti. More often Fi or emotions (which would be the domain of Fi rather than any of the other functions) causes me problems, so it makes more sense for Fi to be a shadow function. And it always ranks below the thinking functions in the tests.
    There's more to the reasoning of course, but I can't take the time to write a whole page and expect everyone to want to read it.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    By the way, using Te a lot as a shadow function would likely insinuate that you have been exposed to a lot of Te users during your upbringing, having developped your Te through adapation, making it a prominent part of your unconscious mind.

Do you have any idea what types your parents/guardians were?

If true it wouldn't really be conclusive evidence, but it would at least strengthen the possibility.
    Interesting idea. Dunno. Both my parents are I and probably S. My dad definitely T. I'm thinking ISTJ for him and F for my mom. I'd have to look at the CF hierarchy for the different types to decide. They both are very critical and judgmental people.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

What?? Why??
    Is this reasoning fundamentally flawed? Have I been living a lie??
    Probably. You are a walking example of Fi, right down to your username.

There's more to the reasoning of course, but I can't take the time to write a whole page and expect everyone to want to read it.
    Oh, I've read much of what you've written on many threads. I've been dealing with INTPs online for 7 years now and there's nothing you've written/revealed that makes me sense Ti. In fact, it looks like absence of Ti.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Probably. You are a walking example of Fi, right down to your username.

Oh, I've read much of what you've written on many threads. I've been dealing with INTPs online for 7 years now and there's nothing you've written/revealed that makes me sense Ti. In fact, it looks like absence of Ti.

I am inclined to think you are biased. Can you back this up with reasoning and examples? Are INTP's too "rational" to believe in fairies? Are you suggesting there can be no explanation for their existence which in any way resembles rational?
    Saying absence of Ti tells me you are implying I am illogical. Or am I misinterpreting?

I'm pretty sure my reasoning in interpreting what hierarchy my CFs should be in based on the descriptions awhile back is an example of using Ti. Or do I have faulty definitions of Ti and logic?

Every question on every CF test which has to do with Ti sounds like something I identify with. Every description sounds like something I identify with. If my reasoning was this faulty, I would think it would have led me astray in big ways in other areas of life, and that hasn't happened.