User Tag List

First 1234 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by raine_lynn View Post
    I was confused about my type for a long time, except the other way around. I value logical and intelligence more so then most of the women I'm around, and figured this had to make me a thinking type. However, I'm pretty exclusively Ne, and have a hard time with the Sensing functions.
    Cool. Expanding more on this theory, it seems we are more wired to balance. (I don't want to make limiting generalizations about women and men like it seemed was done in the feminism thread, but: ) It makes sense because we are more physically vulnerable, so we have to balance our safety with being close to other people more than is necessary for men. So, when we make decisions not only are females statistically a little more likely to focus on people rather than impersonal factors, when we primarily use logic and objectivity we want to look at things from all sides more often.

Interesting idea.

I think if you are an INFP female, this drive for balance might lead you to balance your subjective feelings and values with what you can confirm in the outside world. Being Fi dominant you would want this function to be very reliable, and so balancing it with outside information is especially necessary. When you have opinions based on value judgments, and use those to create change in the world, you would want to make sure those opinions were based in reality and that those changes would be feasible and effective. I would say the same is true with INFP men, but I would think they would be less likely to question their own opinions. The decision making process would probably be quicker.

Thoughts/feelings?

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    My impression was 3w4 ISTP with a well developed Ni
    Actually I have been discovering that my sensing side is a lot more developed than I thought. I just read the description of ISTP and I can relate to a lot of it. But I fit INTP more. I fit those and INTJ and INFP. Do you think one person can have a dominant type, and then act like other types in certain situations according to what CF's their immediate circumstances require, or that maybe we have auxilliary and tertiary types like in the CF hierarchy? Obviously people are not simple individuals who fit in a box, but it seems like sometimes people can act like more than one type a lot of the time.

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Cool. Expanding more on this theory, it seems we are more wired to balance. (I don't want to make limiting generalizations about women and men like it seemed was done in the feminism thread, but: ) It makes sense because we are more physically vulnerable, so we have to balance our safety with being close to other people more than is necessary for men. So, when we make decisions not only are females statistically a little more likely to focus on people rather than impersonal factors, when we primarily use logic and objectivity we want to look at things from all sides more often.

Interesting idea.

I think if you are an INFP female, this drive for balance might lead you to balance your subjective feelings and values with what you can confirm in the outside world. Being Fi dominant you would want this function to be very reliable, and so balancing it with outside information is especially necessary. When you have opinions based on value judgments, and use those to create change in the world, you would want to make sure those opinions were based in reality and that those changes would be feasible and effective. I would say the same is true with INFP men, but I would think they would be less likely to question their own opinions. The decision making process would probably be quicker.

Thoughts/feelings?
    Actually, this is helping my understanding of my type. It's the combination of Fi + Si that cements me in reality, which, yeah, might lead to a seeming blending of N/S.
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Cool.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Actually I have been discovering that my sensing side is a lot more developed than I thought. I just read the description of ISTP and I can relate to a lot of it. But I fit INTP more. I fit those and INTJ and INFP. Do you think one person can have a dominant type, and then act like other types in certain situations according to what CF's their immediate circumstances require, or that maybe we have auxilliary and tertiary types like in the CF hierarchy? Obviously people are not simple individuals who fit in a box, but it seems like sometimes people can act like more than one type a lot of the time.
    I think mbti theory is full of loopholes. There are people who have their tertiary function overdeveloped and their auxiliary function underdeveloped. In those cases, the mistyping potential is huge. To cut a long story short, you need to understand the differences between Se x Si and Ne x Ni... I believe the best way to do that is by interacting with/watching people who have those functions as their primary one. Purely abstract descriptions may not help much.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

WALMART

I agree, it certainly must vary from situation to situation. I think of type more as a 'default method of action' type thing.

As for OP, I assume you're a lot like me.

Except on occasion I rue social interactions days after they've transpired =/

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

How aloof can you be at times? Ever lost an item in your home if you didn't place it in the spot you always put it? Do you tend to keep everything close to you, or do you put things in a way that makes more sense with the environement it is in?

Se can be used as a shadow function and can appear strong at times of focus, but if you ask above questions with: "Very. Yes, many times! My house caters to my needs, it does not cater to the needs of my surroundings.", then you are most definately intuitive.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    How aloof can you be at times? Ever lost an item in your home if you didn't place it in the spot you always put it? Do you tend to keep everything close to you, or do you put things in a way that makes more sense with the environement it is in?

Se can be used as a shadow function and can appear strong at times of focus, but if you ask above questions with: "Very. Yes, many times! My house caters to my needs, it does not cater to the needs of my surroundings.", then you are most definately intuitive.
    Interesting! Yes to the first 2, but as for how I organize my house I have some things lying out in plain sight (things I'm going to use soon or have just used), but I like to have everything look nice and make sense.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Interesting! Yes to the first 2, but as for how I organize my house I have some things lying out in plain sight (things I'm going to use soon or have just used), but I like to have everything look nice and make sense.
    So let's say you have a laptop. And you like using your laptop on your favorite couch/chair. You will still put the laptop back on some dresser or something where it makes sense instead of leaving it on the couch/chair or a nearby table within reach?

Hmm. That is kind of suspicious. Not very INTP-like. *rubs chin thoughtfully*

Unless the reason for doing so is to please others, not yourself. So you can entertain houseguests in an environment you feel is more fitting.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    So let's say you have a laptop. And you like using your laptop on your favorite couch/chair. You will still put the laptop back on some dresser or something where it makes sense instead of leaving it on the couch/chair or a nearby table within reach?

Hmm. That is kind of suspicious. Not very INTP-like. *rubs chin thoughtfully*

Unless the reason for doing so is to please others, not yourself. So you can entertain houseguests in an environment you feel is more fitting.
    No, I really like my environment to look nice. I'm kinda lazy about putting things away, but everything has a place and it bothers me if things are not in their places. As for the laptop, I'll do kind of a compromise where I'll leave it, but in a way that looks nice, i.e. at the end of the couch on the little cushion I use. Also I kind of follow a "trail" of objects if there are things I have to remember. I multitask a lot, so I don't always finish things- but if I can look at them I am reminded. I will leave a water bottle next to my purse so I won't forget it, leave a tea bag out to remember I was going to make tea, and otherwise leave parts of unfinished tasks out. Or if I am trying to remember where I put my keys I'll go back to when I came inside, remember where I went first, and check there- like if it was in my room they would be beside my bed or if it was in the kitchen they would be on the counter, or if I put all my stuff down by the table or the couch my keys would be not far away. I only misplace my keys and sometimes cell phone because there are multiple places where it would make sense to put them.