User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I think you're trying too hard to fit something you find attractive.

That way self-delusion, not enlightenment, lies.
    Could be. But if I am INFP and I am to be consistent with what I value, I value knowledge of ultimate truth and logic above all else. So acting like INTP who is said to value these is in my best interest. See the paradox?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Ime, Enneagram 3s (which I think you are) seem to have a problem detecting their mbti type because they are just so flexible, that it's like they don't have a core. A very smart Enneagram 3 once told me that her core is flexibility.
    Just giving some food for thought.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Ime, Enneagram 3s (which I think you are) seem to have a problem detecting their mbti type. They are just so flexible, that it's like they don't have a core. A very smart Enneagram 3 once told me that her core is flexibility.
    Just giving some food for thought.
    Haha sounds like me. Maybe I'm a 3. I do feel like in order to survive and optimize my chances for success I need to be able to do and be anything which a circumstance might require. That's been my general approach to living life.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

A lot of the enneagrams will "sound like you". :P

Here's a description of 3:

Type Three in Brief
    Threes are self-assured, attractive, and charming. Ambitious, competent, and energetic, they can also be status-conscious and highly driven for advancement. They are diplomatic and poised, but can also be overly concerned with their image and what others think of them. They typically have problems with workaholism and competitiveness. At their Best: self-accepting, authentic, everything they seem to be—role models who inspire others.

Basic Fear: Of being worthless
    Basic Desire: To feel valuable and worthwhile
    Enneagram Three with a Two-Wing: "The Charmer"
    Enneagram Three with a Four-Wing: "The Professional"
    Key Motivations: Want to be affirmed, to distinguish themselves from others, to have attention, to be admired, and to impress others.
    I can't find a proper description of 3w4 at the moment.

Here's 6:

Type Six in Brief
    The committed, security-oriented type. Sixes are reliable, hard-working, responsible, and trustworthy. Excellent "troubleshooters," they foresee problems and foster cooperation, but can also become defensive, evasive, and anxious—running on stress while complaining about it. They can be cautious and indecisive, but also reactive, defiant and rebellious. They typically have problems with self-doubt and suspicion. At their Best: internally stable and self-reliant, courageously championing themselves and others.

Basic Fear: Of being without support and guidance
    Basic Desire: To have security and support
    Enneagram Six with a Five-Wing: "The Defender"
    Enneagram Six with a Seven-Wing: "The Buddy"
    Key Motivations: Want to have security, to feel supported by others, to have certitude and reassurance, to test the attitudes of others toward them, to fight against anxiety and insecurity.
    And 6w5: (long one)

The Six with a Five-Wing: "The Defender", By Riso and Hudson: Personality Types

The traits of the Six and those of the Five are in some degree of conflict with each other. The general orientation of Fives is toward detachment from people so that they can avoid being influenced by anyone. Sixes and Fives are both looking for safety, but Sixes look to alliances with others and commitment to systems of though for security, while Fives tend to retreat from others and to tinker with, or even dismantle, established systems of thought. Both tendencies exist in the Six with a Five-wing, producing a subtype which sees itself as fighting for the "little person," while at the same time being drawn to systems, alliance,s and beliefs which often contain strong authoritarian elements. Sixes with a Five-wing can seem like Ones because they are serious, self-controlled, and committed to specific moral, ethical, and political beliefs. Like Eights, they can also be rather outspoken and passionate in the expression of their beliefs, with less concern about being liked than the Sxi with a Seven-wing.

Healthy people of this subtype combine the Sixes capacity for organization and personal engagement with the Five's perceptiveness and curiosity. They may have a strong intellectual streak, depending on how much the Five-wing is in their overall personality. Healthy Sixes with a Five-wing often develop technical expertise and are valued as practical problem solvers; they are good communicators, educators, and pundits. They are also attracted to professions such as medicine, law, and engineering; they desire to master a sy stem of knowledge but within a field where the rules and parameters are established and known. They often get involved with political causes and community service. There is a strong identification with the underdog, and Sixes with a Five-wing may become the spokespeople or champions for groups or individuals they see as disadvantaged. Sixes with a Five-wing possess greater powers of concentration and focus than the other subtype, although they can sometimes be perceived as too narrow in their concerns. They are usually shrewed observers of the environment, particularly people, and put a premium on foresight and predicting how others will react. Their perceptions are more original than those of Sixes with a Seven-wing, but because Six is the basic type, they do come across not as intellectuals but as extremely competent, knowledgeable individuals.

The anxiety we see in average Sixes also causes people of this subtype to be more intense than Sixes with a Seven-wing. Sixes with a Five-wing are more independent than Sixes with a Seven-wing, and are less likely to go to others for reassurance, advice, or to solve their problems. They may have one or two mentors or confidants, but in most cases they will "gut out" their problems and anxieties alone. They can be very hardworking and loyal to the systems or people with whom they have identified, but this can lead to strong partisan stances and a competitiveness with rivals. Persons of this subtype tend to be constricted in the expression of their emotions, and are usually more detached, cerebral, and pessimistic. The Five-wing also adds a tendency toward secretiveness adn compartmentalization which fuels the suspisciousness of the average Six. As their insecurities escalate, they tend to see the world as dangerous. They become more reactive and aggressive, and will denounce or scapegoat any perceived threat to their security. They see others as potential enemies and fear that people may be conspiring to ruin them. Ironically, they may respond by hatching plots against others.

Unhealthy persons of this subtype become increasingly paranoid and obsessed with maintaining their security, and may go to great lengths to protect their positions. They are extremely needy, and may abuse alcohol or drugs as a way of dealing with anxiety and paranoid delusions, as well as of bolstering their inferioirty feelings. The Five-wing adds elements of cynicism and nihilism to the fearful mentality of the unhealthy Six, resulting in growing isolation, desperation, and a capacity for sociopathic actions. Intense stress will likely lead to outbreaks of rage and extremely destructive behavior accompanied by breaks with reality. Self-sabotaging, self-destructive actions bring about humiliation and punishment to atone for guilt, although the extent and nature of their self-destructiveness will be hidden from others because of their reclusive nature. There may be strong propensity for violence as well as sadomasochistic tendencies in sexual expression. Murder and suicide are both real possibilities.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Could be. But if I am INFP and I am to be consistent with what I value, I value knowledge of ultimate truth and logic above all else. So acting like INTP who is said to value these is in my best interest. See the paradox?
    Not really. Just call yourself INxP and be done with it. It's not that important. Really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Not really. Just call yourself INxP and be done with it. It's not that important. Really.
    But people that end up with INxP are INFP like 90% of all cases! :P

(mostly meant jokingly, but just saying INTP's aren't likely to just decide on being indescisive, especially since trying to find out what type they are fuels them with energy, so why give up? xD)
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I guess she must be an INTP after all then...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

It certainly fuels me with energy because I want an definite answer supported by flawless reasoning and irrefutable evidence, and I am unable to stop looking for one until I find it. It's a compulsion haha. Why do you think I've been at it for a year? I have to continually evaluate the evidence and reasoning as I am presented with new information and new perspectives.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

HAWT

how about that?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Thoughts on your type, it's my type too.

Secondary thoughts on INTP... -

INTP or not...
    We're all equal.
    No one chose to be born.
    We all have potential.
    Fuck the world.
    Be you, be true.
    You only live once, until it's proven otherwise, this is something I've got to bear in mind.

The stuff I notice, is a lot of random shit

Like... Frito Lays are Walker's Crisps, or, ACTUALLY... Walker's Crisps are Frito Lays.

You ever go to Europe or America... Or any other country/part of the world for that matter, it's like stepping into an alternate universe just walking around the freaking super market sometimes; like.... Same stuff different name same logo. diffrent recipe, and stuff, it's crazy, but; Cool.