• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Need some advice on 'unhealthy' ENTP brother.

Myrtle

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Okay does he really want to work with you guys? hows his economy otherwise? what DOES he want from life?

Do my old boss did when I acted like this, ask me if I need time of, witch I took and never came back to that place :) I think right now he's done, he sees no future and mopes about life. I know it I've been there, and I get back there from time to time. Everytime it happens I have to remind myself "Okay, I've been here before i know what to do to get out of here" . This time it means quitting my job and travelling to Thailand to become an English teacher and train Thaiboxing there for a while.

I have no idea what his situation is like, but as a fellow ENTP i would try to find what he wants and talk to him in Ne language With Ti, and Fe as backup to find the solution. Ask questions, make a mental map of what he seems to want with Ti ues Ne to find ideas, entertain his ideas with more Ne. My Intp friends can be great at doing this (if they are interested in what im talking about otherwise my Fe tells me they find me a drag, and i switch subject)

<B>Core of it all, Find out his fututure</B>

Ps. He might be seriously depressed or mentaly ill, you need to consider professional help although every ENTP would be very reluctant to that .Ds

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay does he really want to work with you guys? hows his economy otherwise? what DOES he want from life?

Do my old boss did when I acted like this, ask me if I need time of, witch I took and never came back to that place :) I think right now he's done, he sees no future and mopes about life. I know it I've been there, and I get back there from time to time. Everytime it happens I have to remind myself "Okay, I've been here before i know what to do to get out of here" . This time it means quitting my job and travelling to Thailand to become an English teacher and train Thaiboxing there for a while.

I have no idea what his situation is like, but as a fellow ENTP i would try to find what he wants and talk to him in Ne language With Ti, and Fe as backup to find the solution. Ask questions, make a mental map of what he seems to want with Ti ues Ne to find ideas, entertain his ideas with more Ne. My Intp friends can be great at doing this (if they are interested in what im talking about otherwise my Fe tells me they find me a drag, and i switch subject)

<B>Core of it all, Find out his fututure</B>

Ps. He might be seriously depressed or mentaly ill, you need to consider professional help although every ENTP would be very reluctant to that .Ds

He doesn't time off, in fact, he tends to stay at work late, claiming to be busy (which is bullshit) but which I am pretty sure because he is not happy at home.

His economy, well, the business has suffered from the crisis somewhat, but we're still quite healthy, ofcourse there are times we (read I) have to put in some extra time to save some more money, but that should be no more than normal. He has a pretty high mortgage (his choice to live in that house) though and his bank account isn't filling up quite like mine does, since he actually spends money.

But he still earns more than enough to cover his expenses and then some and a lot more than his function deserves. So I really don't think he can complain much about that.

So yeah, I think he is depressed, it's pretty obvious, and yeah, I do not (does anyone?) have the skillset in order to convince him of that.

Despite all this, and the fact I come off quite frustrating in this topic. I have not dealt with him with such harshness. My Fe is shining through quite a lot through this ordeal, but it is nonetheless hard for me to look him in his eyes and take him seriously half the time. I've been Ne'ing around my Ti thoughts to him on many occasions, he just doesn't want any of it.

Myrtle

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Okay but what is his response to questions like. "what do you want to do with your life?" do you know that?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm, no, but I don't think I am the person to ask such questions. I doubt I can say it sincerely to him, and he is bound to pick up on the sarcasm. As in, it would probably translate into me saying he has no clue what he does with his life based on the way he is living it, and that he needs to get his shit together. Which is surprisignly accurate as to how I feel.