User Tag List

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Default Fs And Emotional Manipulation: Why Do Some Do This?

And what are the reason(s)? What would the drives behind this?
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Yes, why do some people try to emotionally manipulate Fs?

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Hell, we all use a feeling preference. All T's use either Fe or Fi in their top four functions. Given this, I'd throw the question out there to both T's and F's and their use of emotional manipulation. And we all engage in emotional manipulation to some degree.

What I think is a more interesting question is what is the difference between Fe and Fi emotional manipulation. I bet there are noticeable differences.
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Fe manipulation: mirroring the other person's agenda and adding a dash of your own to get them over to your side without conflict.

Fi manipulation: Taking a higher stance on a norm, being the odd man out, and doing it without with your being and your likes and dislikes (going to a party and not drinking) to make people feel odd.
    I N V I C T U S

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    Fe manipulation: mirroring the other person's agenda and adding a dash of your own to get them over to your side without conflict.

Fi manipulation: Taking a higher stance on a norm, being the odd man out, and doing it without with your being and your likes and dislikes (going to a party and not drinking) to make people feel odd.
    I do both of those, but I didn't think the second one was manipulation at all; I don't do it to make people feel uncomfortable, I just don't want to conform. I try not to be manipulative, and I hate it when other people do. Let's just be honest.

And the first I don't really do to be manipulative either, because I do it in such a way that the other person is aware of what I'm up to. Like being rebellious, having an attitude, play pouting, showing how independent I am so the other person will pay attention to me (ok just a little passive aggressive); but I'll always be open and honest if the other person wants to talk.

Emotional manipulation by trying to put me on a guilt trip is one of my biggest pet peeves.