User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 20

  1. #1
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default ENTP's: Do ever find yourself completing other people's sentences for them?

    I find myself completing other people's sentences for them often. It's like I know what they are going to say, and I know exactly how to word their sentences. Do you find yourself doing this often?

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    I hate it when ENTPs do this, because you need to be open minded and consider each and every possibility before rushing to a conclusion about information someone is telling us, not to mention it is also rude to speak out of turn.

  3. #3
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I hate it when ENTPs do this, because you need to be open minded and consider each and every possibility before rushing to a conclusion about information someone is telling us, not to mention it is also rude to speak out of turn.
    It's like we can't help it. We know what you are going to say, before you say it. And we know the best way to word it, so we just go for it.

  4. #4
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    It's like we can't help it. We know what you are going to say, before you say it. And we know the best way to word it, so we just go for it.

    You can help it.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

  5. #5
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    You can help it.
    Point taken.




    But it's easier said than done, that's for sure.

  6. #6
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I hate it when ENTPs do this, because you need to be open minded and consider each and every possibility before rushing to a conclusion about information someone is telling us, not to mention it is also rude to speak out of turn.
    A noble stance. However, some people deserve to get cut off.

    Accidental double post =(

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Every single day, way to often. I'd say i stop myself from doing it 19 of 20 times, and still I'm being conservative, and still coming of as an ass. An ESFX sparring partner and work college and i discuss alot of thinks and its so frustrating for me listening to his detailed accounts or repetition of arguments so I have to stop him and say that I get the point.

    But yeah at a younger age I did this way too often so I've stopped (mostley) and its really really hard to do.

  8. #8
    Junior Member Kalyrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    17

    Default

    I am not an ENTP, but I do find myself doing this. Usually, in a work situation I will try to stop doing this, but I guess the problem is I get board and want to move on to the next point and since I think I know where the though is going I will jump in an finish it, just to get the conversion moving, you know so it can end.

  9. #9
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    You can help it.
    Probably but it's hard.

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    A noble stance. However, some people deserve to get cut off.

    Accidental double post =(
    True dat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Myrtle View Post
    Every single day, way to often. I'd say i stop myself from doing it 19 of 20 times, and still I'm being conservative, and still coming of as an ass. An ESFX sparring partner and work college and i discuss alot of thinks and its so frustrating for me listening to his detailed accounts or repetition of arguments so I have to stop him and say that I get the point.

    But yeah at a younger age I did this way too often so I've stopped (mostley) and its really really hard to do.
    Yeah, I often tell people to get to the point as well.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    97

    Default

    its interesting you say "end" Kalyrn cause I think INTPs want that a lot of the time. I on the other hand dont really want it to end just progress.

    If i know where something is going and someone keeps going I get sooooo bored, its really unbearable. Sometimes i even have a hard time comprehending how they can keep going like they think i'm a retard or something. Give me point A and B and most likley i'll get what needs to be done, dont plot out the way if you do it you destroy my fun.

    However if you have some novel ideas or concepts or data please present it

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] ENTPs, what do you think of the other types?
    By BlahBlahNounBlah in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-25-2016, 08:23 AM
  2. [ENFP] What do ENFPs find attractive in other people?
    By Edasich in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 06-05-2013, 11:35 PM
  3. [ENTP] ENTPs How do you keep yourself entertained?
    By CJ99 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-22-2010, 12:13 AM
  4. [SJ] SJs - Do you find yourself rehearsing things mentally?
    By raz in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 10:32 PM
  5. ENFPs and ENTPs: What do you Think of Each Other?
    By Blackwater in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-28-2009, 09:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO