• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP's: Do ever find yourself completing other people's sentences for them?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I find myself completing other people's sentences for them often. It's like I know what they are going to say, and I know exactly how to word their sentences. Do you find yourself doing this often?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I hate it when ENTPs do this, because you need to be open minded and consider each and every possibility before rushing to a conclusion about information someone is telling us, not to mention it is also rude to speak out of turn.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I hate it when ENTPs do this, because you need to be open minded and consider each and every possibility before rushing to a conclusion about information someone is telling us, not to mention it is also rude to speak out of turn.

It's like we can't help it. We know what you are going to say, before you say it. And we know the best way to word it, so we just go for it.

W

WALMART

A noble stance. However, some people deserve to get cut off.

Accidental double post =(

Myrtle

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Every single day, way to often. I'd say i stop myself from doing it 19 of 20 times, and still I'm being conservative, and still coming of as an ass. An ESFX sparring partner and work college and i discuss alot of thinks and its so frustrating for me listening to his detailed accounts or repetition of arguments so I have to stop him and say that I get the point.

But yeah at a younger age I did this way too often so I've stopped (mostley) and its really really hard to do.

Kalyrn

MBTI Type
INTP
I am not an ENTP, but I do find myself doing this. Usually, in a work situation I will try to stop doing this, but I guess the problem is I get board and want to move on to the next point and since I think I know where the though is going I will jump in an finish it, just to get the conversion moving, you know so it can end.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
You can help it.

Probably but it's hard.

A noble stance. However, some people deserve to get cut off.

Accidental double post =(

True dat.

Every single day, way to often. I'd say i stop myself from doing it 19 of 20 times, and still I'm being conservative, and still coming of as an ass. An ESFX sparring partner and work college and i discuss alot of thinks and its so frustrating for me listening to his detailed accounts or repetition of arguments so I have to stop him and say that I get the point.

But yeah at a younger age I did this way too often so I've stopped (mostley) and its really really hard to do.

Yeah, I often tell people to get to the point as well.

Myrtle

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
its interesting you say "end" Kalyrn cause I think INTPs want that a lot of the time. I on the other hand dont really want it to end just progress.

If i know where something is going and someone keeps going I get sooooo bored, its really unbearable. Sometimes i even have a hard time comprehending how they can keep going like they think i'm a retard or something. Give me point A and B and most likley i'll get what needs to be done, dont plot out the way if you do it you destroy my fun.

However if you have some novel ideas or concepts or data please present it :)

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm INTP and I do this sometimes, but only if the other person is searching for the right words. I don't interrupt people. I want to be helpful and show I'm listening.

I also kind of hate it when people go on and on about things, but only if they're explaining something to me that I already understand. Then I'm like "yeah, yeah, yep, right, I understand, (and if it's my mother) I GET IT!"

If i know where something is going and someone keeps going I get sooooo bored, its really unbearable. Sometimes i even have a hard time comprehending how they can keep going like they think i'm a retard or something. Give me point A and B and most likley i'll get what needs to be done, dont plot out the way if you do it you destroy my fun.

However if you have some novel ideas or concepts or data please present it :)

Totally.

Myrtle

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'm INTP and I do this sometimes, but only if the other person is searching for the right words. I don't interrupt people. I want to be helpful and show I'm listening.

I also kind of hate it when people go on and on about things, but only if they're explaining something to me that I already understand. Then I'm like "yeah, yeah, yep, right, I understand, (and if it's my mother) I GET IT!"

Totally.

haha, its pretty interesting cause at my last visit to Thailand I used to frequent a restaurant with some training mates. We usually had lively discussions on the evenings (with me at the center of it offcource). After a while a girl that workes there stareted to respond to me with a quick "Yeah, yeah!, yeah!", 'cause apparently I said this ALOT. I diden't get why she said that with a fun-loving smile on her face teasing me t first so i had to ask, haha. Also she called me leader of the village for some reason :).

theWurdsmith

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

HAH. Yep.

And yeah it's possible to head off the urge, but it's hard. So hard.

Maxcool131

MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
I find myself completing other people's sentences for them often. It's like I know what they are going to say, and I know exactly how to word their sentences. Do you find yourself doing this often?
I think of doing this but I dont because I hate when people do it to me and because as raptor wizard I wait for my turn to speak.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Oh geez yeah, pretty much all the time. :doh:

I don't know why...think it's either:

a.) my way of showing the other person that I'm thinking actively about what they're saying and want to contribute to our conversation

or

b.) what others have been saying about how people want to give you ALL the information when just a few key points will suffice. So they just go on and on and on and it's a major snorefest. Besides, I stop feeling like we're having a conversation and that sucks a big one.

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
Hah!

I do this. Well, I don't necessarily leap right in and finish their sentence, because that's rude. But if they are ever stopping to think of the right word, or how exactly to phrase it, I just can't help filling in.

I also frequently fill in the blank with barely any context. A friend will suddenly say, "Oh, it would be fun if we could ____." Or "Hey I've got an idea! ______"

I'm the go-to person for helping someone figure out what they're forgetting or what exactly they should say.

I often get reactions like, "How did you guess?" and "I was just thinking that!"

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yes, yes, yes, especially when I'm really concentrated and excited. When I don't want to bother others too much with my enthousiasm, and I feel I've talked enough already about it. Then everything other people say to me is a distraction (from dreaming about the thing I'm enthousiastic about) and I want to finish it as soon as possible!
Of course, this is very annoying, especially if you guess wrong. It drives my husband up the wall.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

No, and I hate it when somebody tries to complete my own sentences. Attention seekers or overly extraverted people can sometimes behave this way.

Strictly speaking, I think I've done it only when I notice that people are hesitating or seeking their words. But in any other social situation, I would consider this behavior to be very impolite.
One of my female students used to behave this way with me, even when I was in the middle of a lecture.
At first, I was rather shaken by this continuous habit but with time, I found ways to "manage" her flaw without getting angry against her.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yes...people talk to slow! or use too many words!

i do try to be patient but it can be hard