User Tag List

First 12

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I'm INTP and I do this sometimes, but only if the other person is searching for the right words. I don't interrupt people. I want to be helpful and show I'm listening.

I also kind of hate it when people go on and on about things, but only if they're explaining something to me that I already understand. Then I'm like "yeah, yeah, yep, right, I understand, (and if it's my mother) I GET IT!"

Quote Originally Posted by Myrtle View Post
    If i know where something is going and someone keeps going I get sooooo bored, its really unbearable. Sometimes i even have a hard time comprehending how they can keep going like they think i'm a retard or something. Give me point A and B and most likley i'll get what needs to be done, dont plot out the way if you do it you destroy my fun.

However if you have some novel ideas or concepts or data please present it
    Totally.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I'm INTP and I do this sometimes, but only if the other person is searching for the right words. I don't interrupt people. I want to be helpful and show I'm listening.

I also kind of hate it when people go on and on about things, but only if they're explaining something to me that I already understand. Then I'm like "yeah, yeah, yep, right, I understand, (and if it's my mother) I GET IT!"

Totally.
    haha, its pretty interesting cause at my last visit to Thailand I used to frequent a restaurant with some training mates. We usually had lively discussions on the evenings (with me at the center of it offcource). After a while a girl that workes there stareted to respond to me with a quick "Yeah, yeah!, yeah!", 'cause apparently I said this ALOT. I diden't get why she said that with a fun-loving smile on her face teasing me t first so i had to ask, haha. Also she called me leader of the village for some reason .

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Myrtle View Post
    If i know where something is going and someone keeps going I get sooooo bored, its really unbearable. Sometimes i even have a hard time comprehending how they can keep going like they think i'm a retard or something. Give me point A and B and most likley i'll get what needs to be done, dont plot out the way if you do it you destroy my fun.
    HAH. Yep.

And yeah it's possible to head off the urge, but it's hard. So hard.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I find myself completing other people's sentences for them often. It's like I know what they are going to say, and I know exactly how to word their sentences. Do you find yourself doing this often?
    I think of doing this but I dont because I hate when people do it to me and because as raptor wizard I wait for my turn to speak.

Oh geez yeah, pretty much all the time.

I don't know why...think it's either:

a.) my way of showing the other person that I'm thinking actively about what they're saying and want to contribute to our conversation

or

b.) what others have been saying about how people want to give you ALL the information when just a few key points will suffice. So they just go on and on and on and it's a major snorefest. Besides, I stop feeling like we're having a conversation and that sucks a big one.

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Hah!

I do this. Well, I don't necessarily leap right in and finish their sentence, because that's rude. But if they are ever stopping to think of the right word, or how exactly to phrase it, I just can't help filling in.

I also frequently fill in the blank with barely any context. A friend will suddenly say, "Oh, it would be fun if we could ____." Or "Hey I've got an idea! ______"

I'm the go-to person for helping someone figure out what they're forgetting or what exactly they should say.

I often get reactions like, "How did you guess?" and "I was just thinking that!"
    ( . )( . )

MBTI
    ENTP

Yes, yes, yes, especially when I'm really concentrated and excited. When I don't want to bother others too much with my enthousiasm, and I feel I've talked enough already about it. Then everything other people say to me is a distraction (from dreaming about the thing I'm enthousiastic about) and I want to finish it as soon as possible!
    Of course, this is very annoying, especially if you guess wrong. It drives my husband up the wall.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by theWurdsmith View Post
    HAH. Yep.

And yeah it's possible to head off the urge, but it's hard. So hard.
    Yea. And you know you're good at it when you answer a question before it's asked.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I find myself completing other people's sentences for them often. It's like I know what they are going to say, and I know exactly how to word their sentences. Do you find yourself doing this often?
    No, and I hate it when somebody tries to complete my own sentences. Attention seekers or overly extraverted people can sometimes behave this way.

Strictly speaking, I think I've done it only when I notice that people are hesitating or seeking their words. But in any other social situation, I would consider this behavior to be very impolite.
    One of my female students used to behave this way with me, even when I was in the middle of a lecture.
    At first, I was rather shaken by this continuous habit but with time, I found ways to "manage" her flaw without getting angry against her.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yes...people talk to slow! or use too many words!

i do try to be patient but it can be hard
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison