User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Oh by the way, just in case you are curious, she is an ISTP. Don't ask me how I found out though.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless ISFJ View Post
    I finally thought through and called him to discuss our divorce. However, he disagree with me. He said he gave up so many things to come back here. It didn't make sense for him to give up the marrige.
    That's the best he could do?
    However, I think we will still have problems in the long run. I looked up to him because i saw how he interacted with other people, but I don't respect him anymore. He is way too immature for me and our marrige.
    I think this probably tells you all you need to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    intp

I have struggled to understand what it is some INTP men have that causes so many hapless women to lose their gotdang minds and keep HOPE alive when the INTP man in question should have long been discarded like so much garbage to the curb. It's mystifying.
    You shouldn't give him the option of working this out in counseling. Be kind to yourself and lose this creep.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INA View Post
    I have struggled to understand what it is INTP men have that causes so many hapless women to lose their gotdang minds and keep HOPE alive when the INTP man in question should have long been discarded like so much garbage to the curb. It's mystifying.
    You shouldn't give him the option of working this out in counseling. Be kind to yourself and lose this creep.
    Yes, I demand someone to tell me how that works...

...For the sake of curiosity ofcourse. >.>
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Yes, I demand someone to tell me how that works...

...For the sake of curiosity ofcourse. >.>
    Two dozen similar threads on the ultimate fail that is dating intp men and we're none the wiser. I'm beginning to think they have a knack for picking up on a Florence Nightingale/martyrdom gene in these chickadees.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INA View Post
    Two dozen similar threads on the ultimate fail that is dating intp men and we're none the wiser. I'm beginning to think they have a knack for picking up on a Florence Nightingale/martyrdom gene in these chickadees.
    That's entirely possible, the mystery is why they decided to take advantage of it. It's not particularly INTP like in my experience.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Apparently... it is. Either that or there are a lot of bastards running around claiming to be INTPs just to give us a bad name.
    You should look into that Fluff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Apparently... it is. Either that or there are a lot of bastards running around claiming to be INTPs just to give us a bad name.
    You should look into that Fluff.
    Hmm, I probably should... *ponders*

One logical explanation is that they are ENTP's.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Or, intellectual yet emotionally detached, unavailable men= INTP to many people.

Our PR department is doing its job.

MBTI
    nfj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Or, intellectual yet emotionally detached, unavailable men= INTP to many people.

Our PR department is doing its job.
    INTP men are often of the variety of men who are indeed cold and emotionally unavailable yet are attracted to warm feeler type females.

An old relative of mine told me quite long ago that the person who feels the least and loves the least in a relationship tends to be the one who holds the most power in the relationship. Looking back at the INTP men I have known, I think they unconsciously like having power over people and they tend to be able to also unconsciously spot (bad Fe-related) the kinds of emotional/vulnerable people who would be easiest to covertly control with their indifference. I also think that INTP men tend to not understand themselves or their own desires very well at all and so most would be inclined to deny that they do indeed like having power over people.

Strangely enough, I think INTP men can also be easily controlled by the right kind of woman. Usually the sort of woman who really does not like them very much initially or eventually and at the deepest level is not that emotionally involved with them. They will stay in bad relationships with these kinds of women forever it seems. ISFJ women often seem to end up figuring out how to control INTP men after getting a certain amount of heartache from them but this opening poster is probably not an ISFJ or other factors are preventing her from establishing control.

Most INTP men are simply not worth it unfortunately. Unless they have matured considerably beyond what is usual for their type (given their excessive thinking yet weirdly poor self knowledge), they seem to always be in some kind of sado-masochistic relationship loop with others not unlike what ESFJs often get into.