User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Please explain what you mean by this, and why we would feel disconnected. Because we feel like people won't like the real person behind the disguise?
    A chameleon INTP has a natural tendency to shield themselves from others even more so than any other INTP, creating an unsurmountable void between that INTP and the rest of the world, by apparantly feeling their ownselves is not adequate for the situation at hand and being someone they think is how they should be... If you do that and you don't take your time to properly reflect on your actions and how you influence other people due to your actions, it can lead to a very autistic-like life. You would need to keep relativating it in order to stay sane. Basicly. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I don't think she was talking about chameleoning.

I wouldn't have said INTPs have an excessive fear of rejection. Sometimes we don't fear it enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Yes, stressful situations can result in misplaced apathy.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    A chameleon INTP has a natural tendency to shield themselves from others even more so than any other INTP, creating an unsurmountable void between that INTP and the rest of the world, by apparantly feeling their ownselves is not adequate for the situation at hand and being someone they think is how they should be... If you do that and you don't take your time to properly reflect on your actions and how you influence other people due to your actions, it can lead to a very autistic-like life. You would need to keep relativating it in order to stay sane. Basicly. :P
    That's kind of accurate for me. But some people have now proposed that I'm more INFP. Is this entire thread simply more evidence of being INFP, or is it inferior Fe?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I actually forgot to finish one sentence in that post. Lolsensotard.

I'm just saying you should work on trying to understand typology more and when you do, the answers will come to you. A lot of this thread could be interpretted as Fi, but also lack of understanding Ti, which is natural for someone new to typology. It's not conclusive. Ultimately, you'll have to figure the most out for yourself if you want a clear answer. Because there is only so much we can do for you based on posts in written form on a forum.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I actually forgot to finish one sentence in that post. Lolsensotard.

I'm just saying you should work on trying to understand typology more and when you do, the answers will come to you. A lot of this thread could be interpretted as Fi, but also lack of understanding Ti, which is natural for someone new to typology. It's not conclusive. Ultimately, you'll have to figure the most out for yourself if you want a clear answer. Because there is only so much we can do for you based on posts in written form on a forum.
    Well I didn't really mean to be asking everyone to figure me out, I just wanted to know if this is a common fear for INTP as opposed to being mainly characteristic of other types. I can attribute it to inferior Fe and Si (past experiences), but I wanted other people's opinions.

In what way do you think I lack understanding of Ti? I've read a lot about all the functions and thought I understood them, so if I am uninformed about something about them at this point I'll probably have to be told. I know Ti doesn't exhibit itself in this thread, but that's because of the nature of it. Irrational and excessive fears exist in spite of thinking. In fact, the process I use to reduce these is rather Ti in nature, if my understanding is correct. If I determine that I am feeling an emotion I go into my unconscious mind and ask it to talk to me (when I don't just ignore it). I uncover hidden beliefs, like I am unlovable. I determine, not true. I tell myself why I am not unlovable, and I tell myself the opposite. I look for evidence to support being lovable. I tell myself the truth over and over again, and eventually my unconscious mind starts to believe it. Then my fears are less intense the next time they come up.

It's kind of like a trouble shooting process.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I meant that your Ti doesn't yet understand all this, not that you lack Ti. You've got a ton of information, and now you need to make it your own. See how you can use it. It's a process.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Oh, I have my own conclusions. I just like to measure them against other people's perspectives. My opinion is that I am INTP using inferior Fe in this case. But if someone has a convincing argument to the contrary I'll listen and learn.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I am like 99% sure I am INTP, but (as I have mentioned in some of my posts) I have a constant underlying fear of rejection. From friends, potential friends, employers and potential employers, and especially lovers; even if we have had a good relationship for a really long time. I just expect that sooner or later people will discover that inside I'm really a freak and either lose interest in me or run away. I don't really need space in intimate relationships either, and if people are busy I kind of assume they don't really like me. I'm not very social though, because I kind of think not many people really want to hang out with me because they're busy when I suggest it and stuff. I mean, how do I really know?

I'm working on getting over this.

Do other INTP's have this problem (probably due to inferior Fe), or is this me acting like an INFP?
    I have these problems however probably the problems within my childhood have more to do with it.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I'm sure now that I've thought about it it has much more to do with life circumstances.