User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I played tons of sports as a kid.

I would pick something up, get good at it, get bored with it and move onto something else.

Now I'm finding that I have the tendency to do the same thing at jobs I don't like.

I love the fact that I'm my own boss now, and that seemed to do the trick as far as making me happy at my job.

Does anyone else have this problem?
    Yes, but I thought this was more of an ENTP problem?

EDIT: There's something there. Will have to ponder on this for significant contribution.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

What about a long term. 10+ years (in Te time) goal?

Then the little dots can start getting connected by that big (N) goal.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i kinda have a bad habit of mastering something and then getting bored with it. luckily i figured out a solution for this(which will hopefully work as well as it sounds in theory ), dont try to master anything you know you can ever fully master. for example i figured out that psychology would be my perfect career choice, since its impossible to understand the whole human mind from all the perspectives(neurological, psychological etc).
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i kinda have a bad habit of mastering something and then getting bored with it. luckily i figured out a solution for this(which will hopefully work as well as it sounds in theory ), dont try to master anything you know you can ever fully master. for example i figured out that psychology would be my perfect career choice, since its impossible to understand the whole human mind from all the perspectives(neurological, psychological etc).
    What about photography?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    What about photography?
    last time i had my dslr with me was last summer i think and didnt happen many times even then :/

i do have pretty good camera on my phone and have reasonably good point and shoot camera with me all the time, but i just dont have the same urge to take photos as i used to..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Lol, I am also pursuing a psychology career for the same reasons.

WALMART

I've done about 20% of the homework ever assigned to me. I made straight C's thanks to kind teachers and strong test scores. I was recently fired from my managorial position at a Uhaul for delaying implementation of vital programs, despite improving my P&L sheet to things never seen at that store in the 40 years its been open.

Yeah, it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Lol, I am also pursuing a psychology career for the same reasons.
    The world is digital, aforementioned statements are incorrect.

right on the left wing Philosorapteuse's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    I'm probably not the inly INTP for whom repetition means torture. Back in school there was no homework I hated as mucb as "transfer these 20 sentences into the past tense" and the like. I started varying my handwriting or even changing the color of the pen, even using very long and compley sentences as examples for certain grammatical phenomena to build little stories out of them... just to give it some form of variety. *moans*

I envy and admire people who have the discipline and strength of will and inner focus to hold a regular job, be great at it and become an authority in their field without going "oh, look, a squirrel!!!" at the first chance they get. People who really master a skill.
    This this this. This with knobs on. I'm terrible for starting something, then getting distracted by a shiny object and moving onto that. It's depressing, because it means I never achieve what I'm really capable of. Seems like I waste all my potential this way. Friends at school who were (in all honesty) much less bright but more methodical and diligent are doing far better in the real world than I am. Mistaking "self-discipline" for "screaming at myself until I'm paralysed and miserable" is also an issue. Spent years working on my Fe; this is now the main thing I hope to work on at this point in my life.
    "A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices." --William James

I'd be a card-carrying sensotard, but I can't find the goddamn card.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

You need to find something that's difficult enough to hold your attention almost indefinitely. Try going for a PhD in theorethical physics aiming for a Nobel Prize, for example. Or climbing every >8000 mountain on earth.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp