User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    NICE

Lots of European city breaks with huge carbon footprints. Very much like Poland - recommend Krakow and Gdansk tri-city; Warsaw has great bits and is becoming post-industrial very slowly. In 5 years it will be spoiled. Istanbul in Spring, staying in Yesilkoy. Malta in early winter; Canaries mid-winter if you like associating with pissed pensioners. Helsinki & Reykjavik after the annual bonus.

Paris - never again. I don't remember Paris much but Paris remembers me..

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I'd like to see and experience almost every country and city once.
    Last edited by alcea rosea; 05-10-2008 at 09:46 AM.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

1. Spain (again. been there a lot.)
    2. Turkey (not gobble-gobble)
    3. South-eastern France (Languedoc-Roussilion region)
    4. Cuba
    5. Jamaica
    6. Puerto Rico
    7. Motorcycle from coast to coast of the United States on a Harley Fatboy
    8. See the major cities in North America
    8. A road trip in Austria, the Czech republic and Hungary
    9. A backpacking trip all around Australia
    10. Last but not at all least, i'd like to go to a place called Port Isaac in Cornwall, it's so goddamn beautiful there (at least during summertime).

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

If you've got an INTP that doesn't like to travel and you don't want him to be a grumpy drag, see if you can tap into one of his interests and go with that. Museums are good. Or go someplace familiar to him that is new to you. Be ready to hear about the museum's inaccuracies or how a childhood haunt has changed for the worse, though. Consider picking a place you think you could enjoy year after year and making that your yearly vacation spot.

My INTP is fine with going to the water park a few hours away. I think I had to lean on him a little at first, but now it's sort of a tradition and he even seems to look forward to it.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    type

INTPs don't like to travel?

i love travel!

are you looking for someplace within the US or without?

San Francisco is lovely. There are enough things to do to occupy a curious INTP with electic interests. all the old hippy streets of Haight-Ashbury with their New Age shops and personal galleries; the Fisherman's Wharf (Ghiradelli Chocolate Factory is there ), where you can watch the seals, and see Alcatraz and Sausalito on ferry rides out. The original Beat area of Kerouac and Ginsberg. Quirky Lombard Street, the 'crookedest street in the world'. And the MOMA. Modern art at its edgiest best. ooh, and Castro, the gay area. hehe. (also one of the cleanest and most artistic area of San Francisco. the rainbow flags everywhere. beautiful.)

I love San Francisco for the pulse in the air; it's a place that is alive. In spring and summer, the daisies bloom out of cracks in the pavements, and there are flower boxes everywhere; the old Victorian houses, the parks, and of course, take a trip out to the Golden Gate Bridge. The scenery is lovely (careful not to get blown off by the wind though. )

cheers.
    You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

--T.S Eliot, The Wasteland

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by elfinchilde View Post
    San Francisco is lovely. There are enough things to do to occupy a curious INTP with electic interests. all the old hippy streets of Haight-Ashbury with their New Age shops and personal galleries; the Fisherman's Wharf (Ghiradelli Chocolate Factory is there ), where you can watch the seals, and see Alcatraz and Sausalito on ferry rides out. The original Beat area of Kerouac and Ginsberg. Quirky Lombard Street, the 'crookedest street in the world'. And the MOMA. Modern art at its edgiest best. ooh, and Castro, the gay area. hehe. (also one of the cleanest and most artistic area of San Francisco. the rainbow flags everywhere. beautiful.)

I love San Francisco for the pulse in the air; it's a place that is alive. In spring and summer, the daisies bloom out of cracks in the pavements, and there are flower boxes everywhere; the old Victorian houses, the parks, and of course, take a trip out to the Golden Gate Bridge. The scenery is lovely (careful not to get blown off by the wind though. )
    Nice-- you summed it up better than I did. You've got me ready to go. Now.

Lucky thing I'm flying out there this Saturday (jumping off point for a Yosemite backcountry excursion).

MBTI
    type

I wanna go too!!

I miss San Francisco. Oh yea, and outside of the Bay Area!!! The wild seas of Monterey which was where Kerouac wrote Big Sur. and Gilroy, if you like garlic.

Yosemite. The Grand Canyon. The Sierra Nevada mountains. That will always have a special place in my heart. Lake Tahoe. Go cross country. The last time I went, we did San Francisco, LA and Vegas (this last has to be seen to be believed. ) in one trip.

PS: if you're into books, visit Citylights bookstore. That's the original publisher of the Beat generation books. Lawrence Ferlinghetti runs the place; he was one of the Beat poets. If you're lucky, you may see him. Lots of little odd books from all over the world.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

My INTP does not really like to travel. He HATES cities and is not particularly fond of nature (it lacks internet access and climate control and there are bugs in it). This is why I dream of buying an RV someday. I can travel. He can stay at 'home.' I can have nature. He can have climate control. We can still be together.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    type

oh, i don't quite like cities too; i like space. never liked crowds. that's a very intp thing, i think. but what i do love is the newness of it all. that's why i'd have thought that travel attracts an INTP. it's Ne playtime.

hm. wonder if we could have a poll.....would love of travel be type-driven?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I think that INTPs with better developed Ne probably like travel more than the Ti heavy ones do. That's just a pet theory of mine, though.
    ~ John Rogers