User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Well, you know, the blind guy can't see so he won't mind, but the other people around you would notice and think that you were being rude, although the blind guy wouldn't notice.
    Well it's not like anyone's going to tell them, and if they do it's their fault if they offend them.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Is an ST stupid? Oh absolutely.. I'm an NT after all. ST questions are really stupid, no honestly..

In my experience when an NTs question is considered stupid when it really isn't can usually be put down to the NT questioning those foundations which many regard as set in stone. Fortunately being told that it's a stupid question rarely seems to inhibit the NT considering the answer.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Asking stupid questions?

I don't think I really do that, since I only ask questions when I truly don't understand something, and in that instance it would be stupid not to ask.

The only questions I consider stupid are the ones that are asked after the question has already been answered, and the questioner wasn't paying attention at the time...like when a teacher tells the class the date something is due...there's always that inevitable idiot who was too busy playing with their cell phone or talking or something who asks again.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

I don't know if the ones I ask are stupid but many are certainly socially inept. Like most people, I tend to gauge others by myself which, of course, doesn't account for hidden filters and/or feelings so some of them are experienced as invasive perhaps even hurtful. I never mean to invade or hurt its just that I wouldn't think that way.

MBTI
    INTJ

When I ask them, my mind tends to answer them a bit too late. It's not all the time, but eventually one pops out. I always thought of it as something universal. I've given up trying to get people to clarify sex references that go over my head.
    What a waste of life..

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I remember asking lots of questions like that... until I fell in love for the first time.

Most people don't go through a rational process in order to implement a reaction, they just react to what they're feeling. But the INT's are especially likely to analyze a response rather than feeling it and before ever allowing themselves to act upon it.

I don't think either way is particularly bad. The latter is able to step outside the box and make sure that the reactions are appropriate; the former acts in a more holistic fashion, actually LIVING rather than thinking about living.

But when INTs finally do let go and let themeselves fully feel it . . . WHOA!

The first time I kissed a girl I literaly almost passed out. 1000x better than any drug.

I guess that's a + and a - for INTs. We don't feel strong emotions as often as other types, but when we do it's realllly intense, or at least that's how it is for me.
    Human reason has this peculiar fate that in one species of its knowledge it is burdened by questions which, as prescribed by the very nature of reason itself, it is not able to ignore, but which, as transcending all its powers, it is also not able to answer. --Immanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of York View Post
    Recently I asked a group of my peers what the point of couples holding hands was. I pointed out that there is absolutely no reason for it, and asked for a logical explanation.

They just laughed, and someone said "Because you want to." Lame. But I guess they thought it was a stupid question, because they were stumped.
    I realise you're probably not expecting a response to this, but there has been plenty of research into this. I saw it on an alternative therapies program in the UK with Prof. Kathy Sykes. I spent an hour or so looking for the video, but I can't seem to find it. It's something along the lines of, knowing someone you care about is holding your hand means that the same parts of the brain react the same way it does when feeling safe and secure. Whereas a stranger holding your hand would have very little effect.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    INTP

Also, I ask stupid questions all the time. The way I see it, there are an infinite number of things to study, and no one has studied them all. so I don't feel bad about not knowing something, even if somone laughs. I just ask the question and I get the answer, and that's one more thing I know.
    Human reason has this peculiar fate that in one species of its knowledge it is burdened by questions which, as prescribed by the very nature of reason itself, it is not able to ignore, but which, as transcending all its powers, it is also not able to answer. --Immanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason

Questions aren't stupid. You may have knowledge on one thing, but not knowledgeable on the other. Common sense is non-existent.
    Se, Ne, Ti, Fi
    I must be a freak of nature, according to the MBTI. I kinda like this.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Common sense is what's intuitively obvious... or the situation is familiar enough that we start making assumptions unconsciously and know that by acting in a predictable manner we will get the job done... or more commonly not hurt ourselves.

Unless you have mental impairment or are socially/technologically isolated you have common sense. Even the most feather for brains Ns do.