User Tag List

First 23456 Last

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    multi tasking, not real? say that to the six people i real time chatted with none having an idea of the other fives existence.
    So you were focusing on every single one of them at the exact same time?

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Quote Originally Posted by momental View Post
    So you were focusing on every single one of them at the exact same time?
    exact same time? you do know, perception of time differs among individuals and depends on the state you are in. from their and your perspective yes, the same time, but from my perspective.. time slew down, cause my brains were more active.
    this gave me potentially multitude of more time than what avarage human perceives in said time, allowing me a significant mental advantage.

and actually i told each of them of the other fives existence in the end which i held a one on one discussion with each about the same time with all the rest topics i chatted in real time with them.

ReflecTcelfeR

@Vilku

Don't avoid the question.

Doing two things at the exact same time (Why not use the good ole second) is what multi-tasking means. If you did not hold those conversations in your mind, because you are the one multi-tasking not them, then you were not doing so.

Tricking other people into thinking you are speaking to only them isn't multi-tasking. Because you have more time than them does not mean you were multi-tasking. Doing multiple things at once (remember that second?) is multi-tasking.

ReflecTcelfeR

Oh, and this is not what the thread is about. Let the OP's topic breathe.

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

@Vilku

Don't avoid the question.

Doing two things at the exact same time (Why not use the good ole second) is what multi-tasking means. If you did not hold those conversations in your mind, because you are the one multi-tasking not them, then you were not doing so.

Tricking other people into thinking you are speaking to only them isn't multi-tasking. Because you have more time than them does not mean you were multi-tasking. Doing multiple things at once (remember that second?) is multi-tasking.
    as how i would perceive time, in its most insignificant form, is ticks. we humans can never perceive these ticks as processing our minds alone takes an excessive amount of time, considering we dont even think in light speed.

as such, time as in sense of ticks is obsolete concept for we can never use it, and most likely not in scientific terms either.

not to mention, time could be an illusion.

as such your concept of time seems obsolete, plain useless in terms of usability for us humans.

from your perspective, if im able to hold 6 conversations in real time one on one with each while everyone is engaging with complete minds, that would effectively make it multi tasking as i keep track of each while juggling effectively and actually being the leader of each conversation. without messing any details in between, keeping each completely apart. isnt that the very definition of multi tasking? to keep track of multiple tasks without messing any up.

from my perspective time is elusive, i can change it to my will. by engaging in mental activities, my brains gain more power which subjectively "slows" time down as im able to perform significantly more mental tasks than what other humans could, or to what i normally would in comparison.

its a heightened state, like adrenaline of brains. just no chemical compounds i know of are required to triggering such state, only ones will to engage into full power is and something to engage at.

for example, subjectively in my sense of time, i once slept for 20 minutes which was subjectively experienced as 10 hours, such increase in performance is perceived as hyper activity from outside.

ReflecTcelfeR

@Vilku - You used the word juggling.

The brain cannot have two thoughts at the same time. Just because you were keeping everything on track does not mean that your mind was multi-tasking. It means you had the capability to switch between targets at a quick rate.

I want you to think about elephants at the very same time as typing your next post to me. And see if while you are trying to argue your point you can also think about elephants. Not elephants and then my post, or the other way around. Don't intertwine elephants into the post to make it seem like one idea. I want you to simultaneously think about them. That is the brain multi-tasking.

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

@Vilku - You used the word juggling.

The brain cannot have two thoughts at the same time. Just because you were keeping everything on track does not mean that your mind was multi-tasking. It means you had the capability to switch between targets at a quick rate.

I want you to think about elephants at the very same time as typing your next post to me. And see if while you are trying to argue your point you can also think about elephants. Not elephants and then my post, or the other way around. Don't intertwine elephants into the post to make it seem like one idea. I want you to simultaneously think about them. That is the brain multi-tasking.
    not to mention, your model of time would also directly correlate in the very idea of cognitive functions being separate tasks, and effectively meaning we always multi task.

let me explain scientifically why what i did was multi tasking: humans have short memory, it can keep several objects in itself at the same time.
    effectively, i handled them all the same time inside my mind, and as whenever an idea would pop out from there, i would express it correctly to the external world to its correct place, so as not to mess up the convos.

elephants, actually im effectively doing what you told as i write. with the use of my internal functions imagining elephant... standing on a savannah as i write while some unconscious part of me is doing the writing i now seem to be doing, funny.

that same tactic i use for many things, while one function in me keeps the external world busy, inside my mind im busy observing other details which might or might not bring fruit to the conversation, however these internal obervations do play an important role especially in terms of psychological self defense as well as for managing the external world into being interesting enough for the person im engaging and for myself.

in sense of cognition functions, it isnt considered thinking how i manage the elephant inside my mind right now for example, it is eating grass while i write. i can make it do anything i want while still being efficient with my linguistic delivery on something entirely else, although it does pay its cost in my brain power. but, doing enough this eventually makes me better at it and therefore it pays off rather quickly in surge of energy gain, making me talk ever faster, ever more and.. more, more of everything! =D...

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    not to mention, your model of time would also directly correlate in the very idea of cognitive functions being separate tasks, and effectively meaning we always multi task.

let me explain scientifically why what i did was multi tasking: humans have short memory, it can keep several objects in itself at the same time.
    effectively, i handled them all the same time inside my mind, and as whenever an idea would pop out from there, i would express it correctly to the external world to its correct place, so as not to mess up the convos.

elephants, actually im effectively doing what you told as i write. with the use of my internal functions imagining elephant... standing on a savannah as i write while some unconscious part of me is doing the writing i now seem to be doing, funny.

that same tactic i use for many things, while one function in me keeps the external world busy, inside my mind im busy observing other details which might or might not bring fruit to the conversation, however these internal obervations do play an important role especially in terms of psychological self defense as well as for managing the external world into being interesting enough for the person im engaging and for myself.

in sense of cognition functions, it isnt considered thinking how i manage the elephant inside my mind right now for example, it is eating grass while i write. i can make it do anything i want while still being efficient with my linguistic delivery on something entirely else, although it does pay its cost in my brain power. but, doing enough this eventually makes me better at it and therefore it pays off rather quickly in surge of energy gain, making me talk ever faster, ever more and.. more, more of everything! =D...
    There is a difference between thinking about elephants and typing out your thoughts than envisioning them and typing out your thoughts. Consciously trying to define the characteristics of an elephant at the same time as typing your thoughts is what I am asking.

Actually functions don't operate at the same time either.

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

There is a difference between thinking about elephants and typing out your thoughts than envisioning them and typing out your thoughts. Consciously trying to define the characteristics of an elephant at the same time as typing your thoughts is what I am asking.

Actually functions don't operate at the same time either.
    they dont? then explain me, how can i walk while im in my imagination world doing something entirely else. or how i can issue new command for my body to perform while its doing something already, nevertheless adjust these commands into perfectly meshing with the external world so as not to ruin the current task by either readjusting it or issuing entirely new commands in ways which would destroy the currently performed tasks.

not to mention, Si and Ne are connected, they perform movement as a teamwork. one first issuing command one way or another, then another doing rest of it while at all times, both are present as the task would be entirely impossible without the other.

i constructed an entirely original picture using only my knowledge gained from watching nature shows, even "drawing" it with my own style as i wrote to you.
    its the same you would do when you speak while still using your Ni the same time for preconstructing the projection you aim to express, or the way Se dominates Ni for intjs when interacting with external world due the necessity of external observations, which can and do happen the same time. you dont stop perceiving momentarily just to adjust your intuition? no, uncosncoius and conscious do team work, both have separate masters which allows simultaneous cooperation which without you couldnt deliver anything intelligible out of your mouth.

to me it sounds like your conscious mind is under developed, unable to perform cooperation with intuition. probable reasons: intuition scared, of losing control. teamwork not achieved, peace negotiations necessary to achieve cooperation.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@The Great One

I think something is wrong. Whether that thing actually exists is the problem. I don't think you are conflicting with your morals, I think you are conflicting with how you think you should handle these morals. Handle them like you would without any influence from thought. Don't think about how you would fix them, just fix them and then determine from that how you fixed them.

An issue like this should be solved by a means other than trying to figure out your type. Multi-tasking isn't real anyway.
    So you are saying that you don't think that this is type related?