• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISTP and ENTP differences

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
ENTPs are very idea-driven. He/she insert ideas into a conversation whenever they pop in their heads -- it's part of their charm. You probably wouldn't see an ISTP do this much, even if they do have a lot of their own ideas.

Also, there is a pretty funny quirk I've seen in every ENTP I've met, one that I'm not sure I can communicate without a visual (I would look up a video on YouTube, but I'm too lazy and wouldn't know where to start): If you say something fascinating or something they can't quite grasp, they all do this "Whaaaaaaaa---?!?!?!" exaggerated expression thing. Their eyes get huge, and their mouth drops, and they just look dumb-struck. It's all a little different for each ENTP I've met, but it's still there! It's just this over-exaggerated response they have when they're shocked or suprised. It's pretty hilarious and loveable.
:shock::shocking::ohmy:

Whaaaaaa??????
:cheese:
I don't do that

very true. I'm usually kind of uh, well i just take the info as it comes and i dont react / stress much about anything.

but when true novelty comes I just kind of become a retarded 3 year old and yes, i actually do the waaaaaa stuff, exactly as you've described it.

well played.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:shock::shocking::ohmy:

Whaaaaaa??????
:cheese:
I don't do that

very true. I'm usually kind of uh, well i just take the info as it comes and i dont react / stress much about anything.

but when true novelty comes I just kind of become a retarded 3 year old and yes, i actually do the waaaaaa stuff, exactly as you've described it.

well played.

It doesn't help that you wear a beret, and throw croissants and baguettes at everyone.

ameeker

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Why are you comparing ENTPs with ISTPs? They're nothing at all alike.

rogue350

Why are you comparing ENTPs with ISTPs? They're nothing at all alike.

I'm wondering the same thing. They're both TP's and could have similar levels of introversion (considering ENTPs are the most introverted extroverts).

R

Riva

From what I have noticed:

ISTPs do what is needed to be done whether it is to stimulate their senses (I'm not going to elaborate here) or to act on their foresights or to do mundane tasks. This could primarily be related to Se.

ENTPs look for things to be done and most of their simulations are initiated through imagination. This could primarily be related to Ne.

However it is too time consuming to explain the differences and knowing there is a possibility of this posts not being read I am going to not elaborate it unless someone requests for it.

Anyway due to the ENTPs' needs being less stimulated by external circumstances and mostly by imaginary possibilities ENTPs are a bit/lot more talkative and entertaining. They also have a tendency to become more and more stimulated when there is a larger crowd they have/can build a good rapo with, making them merrier the more.

chaoticbrain

MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
If you say something fascinating or something they can't quite grasp, they all do this "Whaaaaaaaa---?!?!?!" exaggerated expression thing. Their eyes get huge, and their mouth drops, and they just look dumb-struck. It's all a little different for each ENTP I've met, but it's still there! It's just this over-exaggerated response they have when they're shocked or suprised. It's pretty hilarious and loveable.

:)