• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What type do you least like?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Definitely add another vote for ESTJ.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
The type I seem to have run into the most problems with is INFP, actually. But there are INFPs I get along with, so I don't really know what to say.

Whatever type tends to take their limited subjective experiences as objective reality.

What ever type that is, I think that's the my least favorite type as well.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My least favourite type is an unhealthy one. Healthy individuals from all types, rock.

An NF would say that.

As for me, ESTJs without a doubt. Fuck 'em all, they can go straight to hell with all their hypocritical moralizing and condescending Captain I-Know-What's-Best-For-You-Don't-Argue bullshit. Seriously, if you're an ESTJ, fuck you. (Just kidding on that last part.)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The type I seem to have run into the most problems with is INFP, actually. But there are INFPs I get along with, so I don't really know what to say.

How? INFPs are among the most adaptable, flexible and understanding types. It seems to me that if you don't get along with them, it's either because:

--You are an ST type who has to work with too many INFPs at your job or at home or in some other place, and thus your task-related conflicts with them stick out in your mind a lot more than the social, personal interactions.

--You are are an ESTJ and can't stand "them fag little pussy bitches"

INFPs make more effort than any other type to be open to, understand, empathize with and appreciate the ideas and opinions of others...if you don't get along with them, you must be actively trying not to.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What type do you least like and why? This is for other NTs, but I'm interested to what other people might have to say.

For me I have really come to not like darker ENFJ.
What I despise is they tend to use their excellent social skills to control others, the whole manipulative factor is just a taboo for me, like using your powers for evil or something along those lines. Of course INTJ might use their powers for evil too... but the whole social manipulation of others just seems down right wrong to me, especially if one is aware of what they are doing.

Do you watch the Showtime series Dexter? This is really a shot in the dark, but I noticed that you're INTJ, as is Dexter, the title character, and in the 3rd season he comes into very serious conflict with an ENFJ friend who gets progressively darker and more manipulative as the season carries on.

Anything at all or am I just totally off base here? =P

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Guess what type is worse than all others about taking his limited subjective experience as objective reality, and moreover, INSISTING that everyone else structure their lives based on these obviously flawless perceptions?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
An NF would say that.

As for me, ESTJs without a doubt. Fuck 'em all, they can go straight to hell with all their hypocritical moralizing and condescending Captain I-Know-What's-Best-For-You-Don't-Argue bullshit.

What's interesting is that I attribute much of what you just said about ESTJs to INFPs. From my perspective, INFPs do this all the time, they're just doing it subtly and in such a way that they LOOK empathetic, open-minded and adaptable. I could be wrong, though.

How? INFPs are among the most adaptable, flexible and understanding types. It seems to me that if you don't get along with them, it's either because:

--You are an ST type who has to work with too many INFPs at your job or at home or in some other place, and thus your task-related conflicts with them stick out in your mind a lot more than the social, personal interactions.

--You are are an ESTJ and can't stand "them fag little pussy bitches"

INFPs make more effort than any other type to be open to, understand, empathize with and appreciate the ideas and opinions of others...if you don't get along with them, you must be actively trying not to.

No, I am actually referring to social, personal interactions, as well as philosophical standpoints. I've found that they have a certain arrogance about the value of their experience, and a tendency to idealize all their feelings in such a way as to subtly imply that certain things are correct and universal for everyone in an ethical sense, that people have an inherent nature that is based on things that, to me, seem arbitrary.

G

Glycerine

Well, most individuals with extremely expressed traits drive me nuts like strong E, S, F, T,J or P. Out of all of those I can't stand J or P.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESTJ: You will follow my rule because we've always done it that way.
ENTJ: No. My rule is more efficient. You will follow my rule.
Me: No. Both rules suck. I'm not going to listen to either of you.

My least favorite is the ENTJ, and for much the same reason you dislike the ESTJ: I don't want to follow your rules and you try to make me follow them. Your rules may be slightly more justifiable and efficient than those of the ESTJ, but they don't work for me and I resent the attempts at control. I work best when doing things my own way.

But the ENTJ is worse than the ESTJ because they actually enjoy telling you what to do, while the ESTJ sees it as their duty. ENTJs come off as extremely narcissistic and controlling. They are too much into methodologies instead of results. Who cares how I do it as long as I get the results you want?

Second worst is the ESFJ, with their anal-retentive BS.

Any EJ is bad. They all know how it should be done and they all want to tell you.

ESTPs can be cocky assholes.

Lots of good points here. Only thing I would say is that ENTJs are certainly more results-oriented than ESTJs; both can be annoying at times but I prefer the ENTJ supervisor because, since he's more into the future end result, he's at least conceptually open enough to let me get things done my own way if I can prove to him objectively that my method works to get the job done on schedule.

ESTJs are more sheeplike--they become extremely petulant over the tiniest variations in procedure (THAT'S NOT WHAT THE BOOK SAYS TO DO!!!), and not only that, they take it as a personal insult if anyone tries to challenge THEIR AUTHORITY IN DOING THE JOB RIGHT. Even polite suggestions to improve efficiency are seen as blatant insults to the traditional authority structure--if your suggestion doesn't stick exactly to every letter of the standard procedure, then you can fuck right off and take your bad attitude toward authority with you! I'M THE BOSS AND I KNOW HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE DONE RIGHT.

Remember that their inner voices are "should" and "ought"; the ENTJ's inner voices are "what if?" and "make a plan to find out how we can do this more efficiently!" Consequently, the ENTJ is much more open to suggestions about conceptual methodology (though not as open to changing plans as an ENTP) because for her, procedure is merely a means to an end--the end being whatever overall goal she is trying to lead everyone toward. If the means can be altered in a new way such that the end can be achieved more efficiently, all the better! Just show me how you're going to do it and let me make sure the concept makes sense (says the ENTJ.)

Results are important to ESTJs, too, but they ONLY want to get there via the standard procedure--procedure acts as a stabilizing force for them and is an end unto itself. If the ESTJ carried out all orders literally and precisely as they were given, s/he doesn't feel responsible if the results don't come out as intended. After all, he did everything he was supposed to!

The ENTJ, on the other hand, will be more upset about these failures to achieve the desired results because s/he will feel he could have/should have done more to modify and improve the efficiency of the system that ultimately ended up failing. In my experience, neither ESTJ nor ENTJ is very easy to convince of anything most of the time, but if I take the time to prepare a new, rational, helpful plan for the way we conceptualize our goals, the ENTJ will eventually listen if I keep politely hammering the point home.

I can deal with this and their broader, more conceptual/abstract focus a lot more easily than I can with the exceedingly singular, even less flexible focus of an ESTJ, a lot of the time.

The ESTJ will never, ever, ever, ever listen to anything that suggests a fundamental change of perspective on the task or a restructuring of the traditional procedure or authority structure. The world of "what if?"s and abstractions about possibilities is both uncomfortable and threatening to them.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, most individuals with extremely expressed traits drive me nuts like strong E, S, F, T,J or P. Out of all of those I can't stand J or P.

So strong I and N are the only functions that don't bother you?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What's interesting is that I attribute much of what you just said about ESTJs to INFPs. From my perspective, INFPs do this all the time, they're just doing it subtly and in such a way that they LOOK empathetic, open-minded and adaptable. I could be wrong, though.

No, I am actually referring to social, personal interactions, as well as philosophical standpoints. I've found that they have a certain arrogance about the value of their experience, and a tendency to idealize all their feelings in such a way as to subtly imply that certain things are correct and universal for everyone in an ethical sense, that people have an inherent nature that is based on things that, to me, seem arbitrary.

Hmmm, that IS interesting. I guess you're right that they may possess rather intolerant attitudes about the ethical perfection of others...most of the INFPs I've met have had pretty similar ethical beliefs to mine, so we get along fine.

I'd think the problem you've just described would, while somewhat applicable to INFP, still be much more applicable to INFJ, would it not? Their natural desire for closure and having things settled would seem to make them more likely to immediately dismiss you as "unethical", or worse yet, "EVIL!"

INFPs may have some perfectionist attitudes about ethics, but I think INFs struggle more with their OWN ethical perfection than with that of others--that's the Extroverted Feeler's job. INFPs, in my experience, at least have the natural flexibility to listen to your reasoning for your ethical decisions and consider its worth before immediately dismissing you as evil.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hmmm, that IS interesting. I guess you're right that they may possess rather intolerant attitudes about the ethical perfection of others...most of the INFPs I've met have had pretty similar ethical beliefs to mine, so we get along fine.

I'd think the problem you've just described would, while somewhat applicable to INFP, still be much more applicable to INFJ, would it not? Their natural desire for closure and having things settled would seem to make them more likely to immediately dismiss you as "unethical", or worse yet, "EVIL!"

INFPs may have some perfectionist attitudes about ethics, but I think INFs struggle more with their OWN ethical perfection than with that of others--that's the Extroverted Feeler's job. INFPs, in my experience, at least have the natural flexibility to listen to your reasoning for your ethical decisions and consider its worth before immediately dismissing you as evil?

Actually, I wouldn't be so sure. INFJs would base their ethical standards on relating to others effectively, and would actually be more flexible than they seemed (since they're really Ni dominant, and Fe is only auxiliary). INFPs actually have much stronger ideas, that are based on their own subjective sense of what's right and wrong, which they constantly judge everything based on... but they try to change the angle they approach the situation with in order to seem flexible. Inside, they're far more rigid and unyielding. Don't be fooled. They may compromise and flex on the specific outward expression of something, but they are unwilling to really listen to anything that challenges their Fi values.

I've seen an INFJ actually completely reverse their position on something soon after hearing an argument presented in just the right way, even if they had just condemned the person presenting it for behaving that way. The thing is, just because an INFJ condemns you outwardly right away based on an Fe value they've picked up doesn't mean they won't actually be forced to consider (with Ni+Ti) what you say and change their opinion if you do offer a valid argument. Remember, an INFJ is a dominant N... and an INFP is a dominant F.

Of course, perhaps we just know different INFPs and INFJs. Or perhaps the INFPs I knew were just manifesting their shadow very strongly at the point I interacted with them.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, I wouldn't be so sure. INFJs would base their ethical standards on relating to others effectively, and would actually be more flexible than they seemed (since they're really Ni dominant, and Fe is only auxiliary). INFPs actually have much stronger ideas, that are based on their own subjective sense of what's right and wrong, which they constantly judge everything based on... but they try to change the angle they approach the situation with in order to seem flexible. Inside, they're far more rigid and unyielding. Don't be fooled.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think INFJs seem more judgmental because they show their judging function to the world. But INFPs are just as judgmental.

I'm usually pretty flexible, but when I do pass judgment, I'll later rethink it and come to the conclusion that I was being too harsh. This is the way it works for me, at least.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I honestly wouldn't know. I guess the type that gets most annoyed with an ENFP and would seek to stiffle me. Cannot stand that. Oh and the type that automatically dismisses me as unimportant because of my playful nature. Those I wanna pound.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually, I wouldn't be so sure. INFJs would base their ethical standards on relating to others effectively, and would actually be more flexible than they seemed (since they're really Ni dominant, and Fe is only auxiliary). INFPs actually have much stronger ideas, that are based on their own subjective sense of what's right and wrong, which they constantly judge everything based on... but they try to change the angle they approach the situation with in order to seem flexible. Inside, they're far more rigid and unyielding. Don't be fooled. They may compromise and flex on the specific outward expression of something, but they are unwilling to really listen to anything that challenges their Fi values.

I've seen an INFJ actually completely reverse their position on something soon after hearing an argument presented in just the right way, even if they had just condemned the person presenting it for behaving that way. The thing is, just because an INFJ condemns you outwardly right away based on an Fe value they've picked up doesn't mean they won't actually be forced to consider (with Ni+Ti) what you say and change their opinion if you do offer a valid argument. Remember, an INFJ is a dominant N... and an INFP is a dominant F.

Of course, perhaps we just know different INFPs and INFJs. Or perhaps the INFPs I knew were just manifesting their shadow very strongly at the point I interacted with them.

Well, you've helped increase my understanding of INFP vs. INFJ. Thank you.

So are you saying, essentially, that INFJs may be more rigid and inflexible when an issue first comes up, but that their dominant Ni allows them to be reasoned with through NT-type rational analysis more easily than the INFP?

Also, isn't "valid argument" kind of subjective? INFPs seem to me to be typically very open to listening to others' views (if for no other reason than to appear open, if you want to look at it cynically); how flexible they are simply depends on how good you are at explaining your side of issue with a focus on people and their subjective feelings. You can't use purely impersonal, rational debate as effectively with an INFP, but that's just because he has a different idea of what is "a valid argument."

By the way, what is your type? I don't buy "True Neutral." We all have biases ;)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I honestly wouldn't know. I guess the type that gets most annoyed with an ENFP and would seek to stiffle me. Cannot stand that. Oh and the type that automatically dismisses me as unimportant because of my playful nature. Those I wanna pound.

Hmm, let's see....what type stifles people's playful nature and tends to automatically, outwardly and vocally dismiss anything that doesn't fit into their very singular worldview?

You guessed it, ESTJ for the win. Seriously I'm starting to think we just need to round these people up and stick them all on an island somewhere, where they can all scream at each other until their little worlds collapse and their heads all explode from too much contact with other value systems. :)