• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What type do you least like?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
and a lot of Es to slip into a comfort zone, and never need to change and adapt, and therefore never really become "healthy" till the day of their death.

You'r kidding me... right?
Not among NT rationals at least.
Take intps. When they go bad, the fact they basically mainly function as self contained systems explains much of the anime\ninja\awkward wierdo thing some intps have going on. And the N just fucks them up instead of helping them in this case.

Yes I talk about messed up intps, but it's not THAT rare.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What?

You don't like their magical woodland critter friends?
It's not their fault you can't see them.

Just stretch that imagination a bit.
I know you have it in you.

:laugh:

I don't have any critter friends though, and I haven't tried astral projection. Or spoken to Jesus Christ. Unfortunately.

Jwill

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hmm, I think I initially dislike ESFPs if they are too loud or too attention-seeking. I had a roommate who was one, and she loved being praised, and it completely goes against my personality to give compliments to people who are fishing for compliments. I like harmony, though, so I started giving her compliments a lot more. It really helped. After a while, I just get used to ESFPs and am bemused by them rather than offended.

I really have a hard time with INFPs in the long-run. I'm so rational and judicious about problems. I get over things easily. It frustrates me that I can't just say to INFPs "it's okay, move on, don't take it personally." There are 4 of us INs that hang out from time to time. Two are a married couple (INFJ and INFP). One is me (INTJ), and one is the INFJ's best friend (another INFP). Anyway, the INFPs are self-hating, but they are always fighting over who gets attention from the INFJ. Very annoying. I'm opinionated as an INTJ, so I have to be very careful about what I say around that group. Every little thing can be taken as an emotional insult (which they will never frankly address). Very frustrating!

But, INFPs aren't all bad. My dad's one, and I love him! I like my friends, too. I just like straightforward rationality when I can get it.

PureWhispers

ESFPs. Misunderstandings up the wazoo. And I know three ESFPs with whom this sort of thing frequently happens. Surely I can't be just imagining it...?

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
ESTJs and ESFJs REALLY annoy me. STOP CLEANING ALREADY! NOBODY CARES! AND QUIT FABRICATING! AND STAND DOWN FROM THE ARGUEMENT IF YOU ARE WRONG! BE PERSUADEABLE! They have so much to learn, and we have so much to learn from them, but talking to them can be similar to talking to a brick wall, and it ALWAYS results in frustrations for the both of us. Every interaction, every time. It’s fine to keep them at a distance, but if you have to be close to them then it is very painful. At family get-togethers it’s eight SJs v. three NTs. If that isn’t pain, I don’t know what is.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Any type that bullies others coz they can or worse, enjoy it.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I think it goes more down the type of person, rather than the MBTI type that crudely defines them..and I don't like being frank about this, but I'd say that some ESTPs can really annoy me. SPs in general, get on my nerves, especially when you have one moving in with you (New Step-Brother) :sad:. I feel like, sometimes, they can go a little far, tell one too many jokes, and they really try to make to much of the moment, that it messes with my head. I feel that sometimes they can have a lack of seriousness in serious matters, and it's rough because I lack their understanding.

Unique

I think it goes more down the type of person, rather than the MBTI type that crudely defines them..and I don't like being frank about this, but I'd say that some ESTPs can really annoy me. SPs in general, get on my nerves, especially when you have one moving in with you (New Step-Brother) :sad:. I feel like, sometimes, they can go a little far, tell one too many jokes, and they really try to make to much of the moment, that it messes with my head. I feel that sometimes they can have a lack of seriousness in serious matters, and it's rough because I lack their understanding.

Interesting... INFPs are my favorite type.

As for types I don't like... None really... though it wouldn't surprise me if some of the SJ types didn't like me.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Least favorite? None.

Unhealthy people are just plain awful though. I have friends of most types... They are all (mostly) healthy and good people. Here is the variety: ISTJ, ISFP, INFJ, INTJ, ISTP, ENFP, ENFJ, INTP, ENTJ. The numbers vary, but I get along with my types.

I must say... Any extravert that is unhealthy is just plain awful. At least when introverts are unhealthy they suffer in silence and don't let the entire world know.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Least favorite? None.

Unhealthy people are just plain awful though. I have friends of most types... They are all (mostly) healthy and good people. Here is the variety: ISTJ, ISFP, INFJ, INTJ, ISTP, ENFP, ENFJ, INTP, ENTJ. The numbers vary, but I get along with my types.

I must say... Any extravert that is unhealthy is just plain awful. At least when introverts are unhealthy they suffer in silence and don't let the entire world know.

Not true actually. Nothing worse than an I that bottles everything up and subconsciously takes it out on you with passive aggressiveness, sarcasm and generally lousy bodylanguage which just ruins everyones mood. At least with the E, you can confront them with their behavior. The I will just deny all of it.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not true actually. Nothing worse than an I that bottles everything up and subconsciously takes it out on you with passive aggressiveness, sarcasm and generally lousy bodylanguage which just ruins everyones mood. At least with the E, you can confront them with their behavior. The I will just deny all of it.

Well maybe E's deal with E's better, and I's deal with I's better? That's how it usually works, if I had to choose between an I or an E to talk to without knowing anything else, I'd go with the I, simply because it's easier to get along and I relate much better to them.

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
ESTJs and ESFJs REALLY annoy me. STOP CLEANING ALREADY! NOBODY CARES! AND QUIT FABRICATING! AND STAND DOWN FROM THE ARGUEMENT IF YOU ARE WRONG! BE PERSUADEABLE! They have so much to learn, and we have so much to learn from them, but talking to them can be similar to talking to a brick wall, and it ALWAYS results in frustrations for the both of us. Every interaction, every time. It’s fine to keep them at a distance, but if you have to be close to them then it is very painful. At family get-togethers it’s eight SJs v. three NTs. If that isn’t pain, I don’t know what is.

agreed. so many of them seems to be incapable of deductive reasoning and tries to rule everything out with facts. And almost never second guesses possibilities of biases/errors.

i recognize the value of both, but in terms of human behaviors or something related to vague theories, i think deductive reasoning is superior in most cases. While inductive in some forms of formula, but not according to them.
:steam:

SPs are definitely more open and understanding.

This is the worst scenario when talking to SJ
for eg., (random eg, dont take the statement itself seriously)

ME: Males tend to be agressive.
ExSJ: My brother and my uncle is more passive than most women.
ME: (thinking wtf?)

Siegfried

MBTI Type
?
Well maybe E's deal with E's better, and I's deal with I's better? That's how it usually works, if I had to choose between an I or an E to talk to without knowing anything else, I'd go with the I, simply because it's easier to get along and I relate much better to them.

Yea, true, each type has its own strengths and flaws, both Is and Es in these matters. I do try though to clear things up, between people, admittedly, I'm not perfect in these things.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Most of the posts here are coming from people who have had bad experiences with an unhealthy person, just saying. :)

Last edited:

deleted
ESFJ/ESTJs are big liars, yet they don't even know they're lying. This is in regard to how they think the world works. They think they are perfectionist, just liars actually. Their idea of duty is just a formal way of looking down upon others for no apparent reason. They lie when being nice, they lie when things are just right. I don't understand any SJs but they aren't bad people. I appreciate the more intelligent ones. The bad ESFJs think most people are fake I am pretty sure. I've seen some alright ESFJs but not my cup of tea. My experience with ESFJs is being highly annoyed and uncomfortable.

Although any type can be horrible.

G

garbage

Most of the posts here are coming from people who have had bad experiences with an unhealthy person, just saying. :)

Many of the responses are the exact opposite type of the posters, too. Of course you're not going to like them.. you can't readily understand anything about them!

On such a INTP-heavy forum, I guess it makes sense that ESFJ is nearly universally hated.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I most dislike E/ISFPs.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know it's safe to assume that stuff like this is behind the backs of ESTJs on this site, because only around five of us are active (or close to it), but nonetheless, here I am. And I'm kind of offended.

To answer the OP: I agree with Geoff. It has more to do with who's a jerk or not. Being a jerk isn't really type-specific.

You do realize that telling an ENTP he's offended you is more likely to amuse and encourage him than ward him off?

Pssssh, you're just upset that nobody likes your type. An SJ would get offended!

Honestly though, I think it's because Ss in general (and especially SJs) are really underrepresented on this entire site, and ESxJs tend to bug Ns more than other types.

When you say that "being a jerk isn't type-specific", that's true, but only because what constitutes "being a jerk" is subjective and dependent upon one's type. You're talking to a lot of Ns and Ps here, and so most of what bothers us tends to correlate highly with common ESTJ behavior. It's nothing personal, really.