User Tag List

First 12345 Last

INTPs are no different than other men or even moreso, in that if they're into you, they're in your face 24/7. They can't get enough of you since you're like a concept they're obsessed with where they want to know EVERYTHING about you.

If one isn't willing to commit and has stated it clearly, believe it. Enjoy the sex but don't expect more. This doesn't mean that more isn't ever possible but it's a long shot in the dark.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

INTPs in love might start acting like ENTPs by getting very verbose and showing off epic argumentative skills, just like Socrates!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    INTPs in love might start acting like ENTPs by getting very verbose and showing off epic argumentative skills, just like Socrates!
    Certainly seemed excessively Ne in my experience. But playful, not argumentative. Let's fly to the moon, pick up some cheese, hop on a meteor shooting over to mars, roll in some red dust, swing back to earth, analyse the ants, squish some pedestrians, what did you say something? I was too lost in your voice and missed the words.
    “Can a man of perception respect himself at all?”
    ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Oh brother.
    Get out.
    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    He's not in love with you. And doesn't really sound INTP. Texts/calls/talks to you everyday and not even in a relationship? I couldn't imagine a bigger waste of time.
    UR NOT REALLY INTP. :P

I talk to people every day that I'm not in a relationship with and have no desire to be in a relationship with. And I've had INTP men who talk to me every day and.. ditto.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Permabanned

As an intp, I'd really like to know myself.

But I'm pretty sure I'm incapable of love, particularly in the traditional sense.

I love everyone the same, which might mean I love no one. Everyone has value, and I deeply respect that, equally, regardless of how fond I am of you.

The people I'm more fond of, I find myself talking to...so perhaps you can draw some sort of conclusion from that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Male ENTPs > Male INTPs
    Nah. I would say the opposite.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Solution: Find an ENTP. They > INTPs.

> at what?

"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    935 sx

In my experience, ENTPs are just as likely to run around like a chicken with its head cut off when they start experiencing real emotions. They just tend to hide it better. This "running away in fear & confusion" thing is probably an NT-bug and not a feature.

It took 15 years of deliberate work for me to come to a point where I can seriously engage in a romantic relationship -- i.e. open the heart to trust and vulnerability, whatnot.

It's like we're born handicapped in something that other people seem to pick up and/or recover easily from. Hmf.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

It is very unlikely an INTP would be unfaithful. But an INTP is perfectly capable of completely sidetracking you without anyone else being involved. Which can still have the same effect and impact on your relationship. Once in a relationship with an INTP, you need to be the descisionmaker every now and then. Although INTP's value their freedom a lot, they are perfectly capable of compromise. And keeping him on a bit of a leash to keep him interested and actively participating in the relationship is not a bad thing. This is why I don't think INTP-INFP or INTP-INTP relationships are particularly a good idea, since the INTP will enjoy too much freedom and quite possibly lose interest. But hey, every combination is possible and plenty of INTP-INFP relationships that do work I guess.

As for knowing how an INTP is in love. You will have to talk him into it, propose the situation, ease him into it. INTP's don't fall in love, they slowly descent in love with climbing gear and safety helmets.

If you would, out of the blue, ask him if he loves you, without any prior intimicy, he is likely to respond no. But that doesn't mean he isn't capable of falling in love with you some time later.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

It generally takes me a long time to develop any kind of serious romantic infatuation because getting to know the person fairly well is a major step. Once I begin to become enamored of someone, however, I can tend to dote on them when I'm around them, even if I don't really mean to. I respond to opportunities to hang out or see them much quicker than I do other people (with most people, sometimes I elect to stay home or leave early, rarely if ever with someone I like). I try not to contact them overly-often, though, because I become very concerned about coming off as over-bearing or suffocating, possibly to a slightly paranoid extent.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?