MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    So what if it's irrational?
    This is another good point. There's a large part of humanity that is vital to our existence that isn't rational. For example belief in supernatural things isn't in line with rational thought....but neither is being an artist, or determining what makes another person "kind" or "nice."

There's actually a point when rational thought becomes irrational, when the person moves so far away from facts and experiences into rationalization that they're entirely detached from anything that's real.

In fact, a person can rationalize themselves into poor mental and emotional health, by declaring that varying things like fun, relationships, and creativity aren't "rational."

It's why I hate nihilism. It seems like going full-circle from being rational to complete emotional retardation. There's a point where rationality becomes stupid.

That's why we have both a left and right brain.

Still, my argument in this thread has been that what is "rational" includes ethical value systems and human structures of society that serve rational purposes, though they may not fit a detached, Ti system of what the Ti user personally finds rational.

I think that's why it's crucial to realize that Fi and Fe are rational functions, though they are not logical. All judgement functions are rational.

Furthermore, Ti isn't a fully objective function. It's SUBJECTIVE objectivity, so it contains an unfortunate element of applying rationality to a very personal, individualized subcontext. This is very useful in picking things apart into very small pieces and deconstructing very particular ideas...but if the basic foundation for a Ti rationality is wrong, even if the logic is perfect, the entire house of card FAILS. Te is objective objectivity so it is more objectively logical than Ti, but lacks Ti's depth and precision.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

@Marmie Dearest
    I'd love to help you fill 10+ pages worth of discussions that go from nothing to nowhere. It could be pretty amusing: lots of drama, people taking sides, random smartass remarks, a couple of doorslams, etc, but I don't have much free time currently. Also, maybe I'm already too old for that.
    Don't get me wrong, I love your posts (I've even complimented about 3 of them directly), but is not my thing.
    Tip: You missed a obvious joke made by The Great One.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    @Marmie Dearest
    I'd love to help you fill 10+ pages worth of discussions that go from nothing to nowhere. It could be pretty amusing: lots of drama, people taking sides, random smartass remarks, a couple of doorslams, etc, but I don't have much free time currently. Also, maybe I'm already too old for that.
    You're an INTP. You were probably too old for it when you were 5. I, on the other hand, will be enjoying drama, random smartass remarks, birthdays etc. when I'm 80.

Don't get me wrong, I love your posts (I've even complimented about 3 of them directly), but is not my thing.
    Your "direct" is apparently my "indirect." I've experienced this with other INTx males, where they thought they were being painfully obvious, and I could have sworn they were being passive-aggressively intentionally vague.

Tip: You missed a obvious joke made by The Great One.
    Really? Is he a communiss?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    You're an INTP. You were probably too old for it when you were 5. I, on the other hand, will be enjoying drama, random smartass remarks, etc. when I'm 80.

Your "direct" is apparently my "indirect." I've experienced this with other INTx males, where they thought they were being painfully obvious, and I could have sworn they were being passive-aggressively intentionally vague.

Really? Is he a communiss?
    Nah. He's an ENTP.
    -----------------

A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

*shrug* I like my birthdays.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    It's actually incredibly "smart" to make up reasons for why things are as they are. It's based not only in imagination, but sometimes even in basic science that was highly applicable during the time period, like how many Jewish laws make sense in terms of health in the context of their geographic location, time period in history, and level of technology.

Rituals can also be meditative and put people in a particularly peaceful state of mind.

To say that something isn't "smart" because it isn't modern is entirely absurd.
    Actually my usage of "smart" had nothing to do with modernity - I was more thinking about how they unconsciously were screwing themselves over. I'm sure we still are in the present day, in many ways, just like mercury in hats and medical bloodletting at various times in history. Rational doesn't equate to smart, either, when you're killing your population off.

Unless there's someone in particular you'd like to get rid of, I suppose.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    oh i like any reason to celebrate but i don't care about gifts and even less about gifts that are given out of expectation. i do like fun things tho...fun things to celebrate with friends for just any reason.
    Please don't try to be reasonable in an unreasonable thread. Forum police!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Please don't try to be reasonable in an unreasonable thread. Forum police!
    Your invaluable contribution to the forum is appreciated.
    -----------------

-----------------

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Your invaluable contribution to the forum is appreciated.
    Happy birthday!!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

-----------------

-----------------