• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ni] Do you have foresight?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I have it. I often ignore it

oh and i keep reading this thread title: do you have foreskin?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Eh. I don't really think lack of it makes a huge impact on my quality of life, honestly. For the most part, I try to live by my internal morals and I let the world flow. I'm thinking for most NJs (SJs too, actually) that lacking foresight would be crippling, since it would make the sort of vision-pursuit and external manipulation (no "bad" connotation) that you guys engage in pretty difficult, but I think in general the P way of life isn't all that impacted by it.

I agree and the SJ/NJ observation is spot on. What I failed to say but meant with my post is that those who are not aware of the implications of their actions and words are handicapped. The future is something that comes from living in the moment, not something you plan to death or predict by sucking the fun out of life and distilling it.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I agree and the SJ/NJ observation is spot on. What I failed to say but meant with my post is that those who are not aware of the implications of their actions and words are handicapped. The future is something that comes from living in the moment, not something you plan to death or predict by sucking the fun out of life and distilling it.

Ahh, indeed. I agree with you completely. I think it's interesting how Js and Ps can both accomplish that task but tend to use completely opposite ways - Js looking towards the future to assess likely external outcomes and Ps sticking to a consistent internal structure (Ti/Fi). My ENFJ best friend and I have discussed the stupidity of the actions of a certain member of a group we're both in, and she tends to come from the perspective of "she should not have made that comment because of course ____ would react negatively", while I tend to come from the perspective of "she should not have made that comment because it is insensitive and judgmental" - which really end us up at exactly the same conclusion of whether said action should have been taken or (obviously) not.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I live entirely in the present moment, the here and now, so no, but the ironic thing is, it is actually the present moment that shapes the future!

I don't have much foresight. I like thinking about the distant future and how I'd like it to be but I don't really stop to consider how my actions in the present are going to affect outcomes in the future. I would say that most of what I do is directed towards solving present discomforts without much thought for what might come afterwards.

I like people who keep me focused on the importance of longterm planning.

deleted
I don't focus on my environment enough to care about predicting things. When I do it's about organization and beauty. I find some sensors bring up their predictions a lot. ie "I bet this will happen" myself: "I don't really care." They're often correct, as though they're used to detecting it.

My attitude about knowing what's going to happen is usually: "Probably same old stuff as usual, no substance, got deeper things to wonder about."
Sensor's attitude toward me: "This guy is clueless, dumb, no chance in work or life."

deleted
When I want a certain outcome, I do.

icon14.gif