User Tag List

First 123 Last

Rainy Day Member Ingrid in grids's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yakimadude View Post
    are you amazed by the number of people that seem to lack it? or use it?
    Hm. Well judging by the number of people in this thread who feel they have good/strong foresight, perhaps it's not all that uncommon.

I suppose I experience foresight in two ways: one partly deductive and partly intuitive, and the other is much more uncanny. The latter seems to apply only to myself, and perhaps a few who are very close to me (who seem to all be women). The uncanny type is one that I'm still trying to understand. Looking back over the course of my life, there have been many times when I saw something happening to me at a future time. They range from seeing myself having a major depressive episode in 3-4 years time (which did indeed happen), to certain awards/competitions/etc. that I would win, to dreaming that I would fall off a horse the next day, only to find I did fall off the precise horse I imagined, in the same spot by the same jump I imagined, the same way I imagined. I wouldn't quite describe them as predictions. I think I've gotten to a point where I can acknowledge that this foresight is real, and not coincidence or fluke, but I can't (and perhaps never will) trust it.

When I have allowed myself to think more about all of this, I've wondered if it boils down to a chicken or the egg sort of deal. Is the foresight a glimpse down a rigid, unchanging chain of events, or is it my imagination, which directs my actions and has me emit some sort of energy which bends future events and results to what I, on some level, expect (much like the law of attraction)? All I know is that even if I see something negative occurring at some point in the future, I've generally held those expectations somewhere in the back of my mind, but on a more superficial level I've taken some preventative measures. Regardless, the underlying expectation usually remains the same, and it is almost always met.

I hope the above made sense. It's complicated and confusing for me, and I'm far from fully understanding it.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    The amount of foresight I have is maximized by the amount of interest I have in a given phenomena.

If something is very important to me I do whatever planning/preparation/research/logistical maneuvering/ad-hoc configuration/etc. needed to achieve my objective.

I don't really see the need to try to guess the rest of my life though.

The best outcomes I've always achieved are those when I was completely present and focused in the moment.

If I'm out to get something, I'm out to get something, period. Otherwise I just chill out and enjoy my wonderful life.
    +1.

Except when I get creepy insights that seem almost paranormal. But that's not exactly all the time.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Rainy Day Member Ingrid in grids's Avatar

Oh, just realised this was in the NT rationale. Hope you don't mind me as an NF answering the thread.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Before I even opened this thread I just knew everyone posting would have foresight.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Senior Member EvidenceOfRedemption's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP

Very few people who ever died ever thought they would the day before.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Before I even opened this thread I just knew everyone posting would have foresight.
    Yea. Some people live a lifelong self-deception. Bending their perceived reality so much that at the end of the day can say "I knew this would be happening."

I am a very abstract and "around the corner" thinker. I easily in my life am able to tell the logical pattern of a situation playing out combined with life experience. Cause people are dumb and predicting them isnt really magic. But saying I have foresight, no. Then I'ld gladly hand out my NT status.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by yakimadude View Post
    are you amazed by the number of people that seem to lack it? or use it?
    No. Not everyone can be as awesome as *you*. :>

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    I have it in spades. Those without it from my experienced are pretty handicapped.
    Eh. I don't really think lack of it makes a huge impact on my quality of life, honestly. For the most part, I try to live by my internal morals and I let the world flow. I'm thinking for most NJs (SJs too, actually) that lacking foresight would be crippling, since it would make the sort of vision-pursuit and external manipulation (no "bad" connotation) that you guys engage in pretty difficult, but I think in general the P way of life isn't all that impacted by it.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think any intelligent person can discern what is going to happen in the future. Most of the time this kind of stuff is implied and isn't that important to me, the future is the future. With the way I normally approach things I try to make the future a good place, and I'm setting up for it by default even if I don't think about it. And when I do, everything I do action-wise is leading to something good. It doesn't seem like that special of an ability to have to me.

That's just for events though. Those are pretty much implied. When it comes to people, I feel that I have a good grip on it because I'm always picking things up from everything that people do and can make an intelligent guess about what is likely to happen. I guess the same applies to other areas of my life too.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)