User Tag List

First 567

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    ENTPs have swagger too. Certainly compared to, say, an INTJ at least.
    Just to clarify, I'm not talking about being cool. They are cool. And compared to INTJ, the ENTP is going to be engaging and extroverted. I just associate Se swagger as a certain kind of groundedness, either with an underlying cockiness or in many women, upfront sexuality. ENTPs don't embody this stuff. They're more innocent. I don't even think they directly express sensuality or sexuality much. They have more novel approaches, maybe even a little infantile, while ESTPs give the impression that they're trying to be badass adults from an early age. And ESTPs come off as being cool in common ways. Things that obviously get attention. It's why they're popular most of the time. In Jung's terminology, they are "people of tangible reality". This includes following trends, actualizing them, relating all the external Se back onto themselves, without criticizing it. The Ne dominant will always try to do "something else" instead, show disinterest in how things are, and take different chances in how they present themselves.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Just to clarify, I'm not talking about being cool. They are cool. And compared to INTJ, the ENTP is going to be engaging and extroverted. I just associate Se swagger as a certain kind of groundedness, either with an underlying cockiness or in many women, upfront sexuality. ENTPs don't embody this stuff. They're more innocent. I don't even think they directly express sensuality or sexuality much. They have more novel approaches, maybe even a little infantile, while ESTPs give the impression that they're trying to be badass adults from an early age. And ESTPs come off as being cool in common ways. Things that obviously get attention. It's why they're popular most of the time. In Jung's terminology, they are "people of tangible reality". This includes following trends, actualizing them, relating all the external Se back onto themselves, without criticizing it. The Ne dominant will always try to do "something else" instead, show disinterest in how things are, and take different chances in how they present themselves.
    Gotcha. I pretty much agree with that assessment.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by themarlins View Post
    That is the dumbest reply I have read in a long time. [...]

Ne-Dominants are the most aware of whats going on around them.

I mean, okay, you're right in the sense that we're very atmospherically attuned. We have a very good conceptual sense of the big picture. But in terms of what's actually going on in the ambient environment - Ne dom means Se last. We are SO clueless. And that there is the big difference between ENTP and ESTP.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

ESTPs and ENTPs are both really good at reading people, but their application is different. ESTPs probably notice more details, but don't really care for an application unless necessary (unless they're bored). ENTPs notice what feels (to me as an Se user) a little more out of nowhere, but seem to just enjoy fiddling around with an application. One time, a few weeks in to dating an ENTP, I came over to his apartment and found a candy bar off in some remote corner. I immediately snatched it up and darted away and noticed... there was a sticky note on the back that said "Oh hai der, Steph!"

But yeah, while both ESTPs and ENTPs are cool, ESTPs just ooze swagger/coolness like @KDude said.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    there was a sticky note on the back that said "Oh hai der, Steph!"
    lol you should keep that guy around

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post

I mean, okay, you're right in the sense that we're very atmospherically attuned. We have a very good conceptual sense of the big picture. But in terms of what's actually going on in the ambient environment - Ne dom means Se last. We are SO clueless. And that there is the big difference between ENTP and ESTP.
    yeah, last Se means we're deaf and blind....