• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] differences between ENTP and ESTP?

KDude

ENTPs have swagger too. Certainly compared to, say, an INTJ at least.

Just to clarify, I'm not talking about being cool. They are cool. And compared to INTJ, the ENTP is going to be engaging and extroverted. I just associate Se swagger as a certain kind of groundedness, either with an underlying cockiness or in many women, upfront sexuality. ENTPs don't embody this stuff. They're more innocent. I don't even think they directly express sensuality or sexuality much. They have more novel approaches, maybe even a little infantile, while ESTPs give the impression that they're trying to be badass adults from an early age. And ESTPs come off as being cool in common ways. Things that obviously get attention. It's why they're popular most of the time. In Jung's terminology, they are "people of tangible reality". This includes following trends, actualizing them, relating all the external Se back onto themselves, without criticizing it. The Ne dominant will always try to do "something else" instead, show disinterest in how things are, and take different chances in how they present themselves.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just to clarify, I'm not talking about being cool. They are cool. And compared to INTJ, the ENTP is going to be engaging and extroverted. I just associate Se swagger as a certain kind of groundedness, either with an underlying cockiness or in many women, upfront sexuality. ENTPs don't embody this stuff. They're more innocent. I don't even think they directly express sensuality or sexuality much. They have more novel approaches, maybe even a little infantile, while ESTPs give the impression that they're trying to be badass adults from an early age. And ESTPs come off as being cool in common ways. Things that obviously get attention. It's why they're popular most of the time. In Jung's terminology, they are "people of tangible reality". This includes following trends, actualizing them, relating all the external Se back onto themselves, without criticizing it. The Ne dominant will always try to do "something else" instead, show disinterest in how things are, and take different chances in how they present themselves.
Gotcha. I pretty much agree with that assessment.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That is the dumbest reply I have read in a long time. [...]

Ne-Dominants are the most aware of whats going on around them.

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

I mean, okay, you're right in the sense that we're very atmospherically attuned. We have a very good conceptual sense of the big picture. But in terms of what's actually going on in the ambient environment - Ne dom means Se last. We are SO clueless. And that there is the big difference between ENTP and ESTP.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESTPs and ENTPs are both really good at reading people, but their application is different. ESTPs probably notice more details, but don't really care for an application unless necessary (unless they're bored). ENTPs notice what feels (to me as an Se user) a little more out of nowhere, but seem to just enjoy fiddling around with an application. One time, a few weeks in to dating an ENTP, I came over to his apartment and found a candy bar off in some remote corner. I immediately snatched it up and darted away and noticed... there was a sticky note on the back that said "Oh hai der, Steph!" :dry:

But yeah, while both ESTPs and ENTPs are cool, ESTPs just ooze swagger/coolness like [MENTION=9214]KDude[/MENTION] said.

themarlins

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

I mean, okay, you're right in the sense that we're very atmospherically attuned. We have a very good conceptual sense of the big picture. But in terms of what's actually going on in the ambient environment - Ne dom means Se last. We are SO clueless. And that there is the big difference between ENTP and ESTP.

yeah, last Se means we're deaf and blind.... :shock: