User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Well, as demonstrated here, ESTPs tend to keep things more real I've also found that they are more likely to naturally look at you while talking, and minimalize the "special" aspect of things and situations in favor of getting more at their overall reality. There is a distinct advantage here in seizing opportunities immediately, working directly with them, and actually getting the benefit themselves. But this is not to say they still can't be "weird" in other ways. But those ENTPs..... more crave weird, always searching for the loophole and the special exceptions, its unrealisticness is the bonus, as long as the potential is there and there is something to be started but not necessary to be finished or get direct benefit from.
    That's a pretty good description!
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I don't like a lot of ENTPs... the way to tell the difference is that the ENTP is more likely to manipulate you and maniacally laugh

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    That's a pretty good description!
    Thanks I'm hoping it's a relatively unbiased account on the world that is the Se/Ne difference.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I don't like a lot of ENTPs... the way to tell the difference is that the ENTP is more likely to manipulate you and maniacally laugh
    Only the last three words are relevant to the difference.

(Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha)

(hack..... cough)

haha.

MBTI
    ????
    Enneagram
    358 so/sp

Trying to determine if I'm ENTP or ESTP, among others, but oh man... I won two games of Settlers of Catan last night. I destroyed everyone in the first game, and my evil, uncontrollable laughter was off the charts. I was forced to adopt a "sane person pretending to be insane" strategy because anything else I tried would have been a dead giveaway.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by plastic View Post
    Trying to determine if I'm ENTP or ESTP, among others, but oh man... I won two games of Settlers of Catan last night. I destroyed everyone in the first game, and my evil, uncontrollable laughter was off the charts. I was forced to adopt a "sane person pretending to be insane" strategy because anything else I tried would have been a dead giveaway.
    similar to my poker strategy of smiling like a maniac the entire time to cover up for the fact that I have no fucking idea how to play poker.... it's sometimes effective
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Shh, stop giving away our secrets
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Well, as demonstrated here, ESTPs tend to keep things more real I've also found that they are more likely to naturally look at you while talking, and minimalize the "special" aspect of things and situations in favor of getting more at their overall reality. There is a distinct advantage here in seizing opportunities immediately, working directly with them, and actually getting the benefit themselves. But this is not to say they still can't be "weird" in other ways. But those ENTPs..... more crave weird, always searching for the loophole and the special exceptions, its unrealisticness is the bonus, as long as the potential is there and there is something to be started but not necessary to be finished or get direct benefit from.
    Very, very true. That's a pretty insightful description of differences. At first glance, ENTPs and ESTPs are hard to tell apart. It's only once I listen to their language that I'm able to tell the difference. The ESTPs I know love to appear laid-back and real. The ENTPs I know cannot control themselves when you venture upon an out-there topic they're interested in. Image seems to be much more important for ESTPs than ENTPs. While I think ESTPs really are cool/real/chill/down-to-earth, etc... they seem especially intent on portraying themselves in that manner. ENTPs may like to portray themselves in a certain way too, but if you approach that weird topic that they're interested in, they're entire ego vanishes. Think real cool/chill vs. utter enthusiasm.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by plastic View Post
    I was forced to adopt a "sane person pretending to be insane" strategy because anything else I tried would have been a dead giveaway.
    Careful with that, son. When you go too deep into the character, the character also goes deep into you. I've been trying to warn people about it, without sucess.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

So I have this friend who types himself ENTP and I thought he might be ENFJ because he shows Fe (but after I got to know him I see how much he has Ti before Fe, and so I agreed with his self-typing)...but now I'm wondering if he's ESTP because he says things like "I'm not good with software, just fixing actual machines, things I can put my hands on and see" and he also seems to have the inferior Ni paranoia, saying things like "just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that you aren't right!" just yesterday.

He seems too subdued to me to be an ESTP though...and this is NOT the guy who I've typed as ISTP who is an OBVIOUS Se type (including being an Se child)...this guy seems like he potentially could be an NT, from a distance.

Now I'm wondering if "my" ISTP is actually an ESTP, and then this guy who self-typed as ENTP is an ISTP...because if he leads with Ti it could make him seem more detached and NT-like. Also, he's about 30 so he's more balanced, of course.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Careful with that, son. When you go too deep into the character, the character also goes deep into you. I've been trying to warn people about it, without sucess.
    You think that black guy is funny? Well this black guy is the king of the ghetto!