User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

When I first took the test it came out INTP. But since the person who had given me the link also got INTP (and rightfully so as I now know) I hesitated, thought it odd and tried again, being stricter with myself - was I really a robot? It came out INFP. After that the results tended to be INXP. I had not yet heard about cognitive functions. But somehow the INFP description was off in several regards and when I heard about functions it was immediately clear that there was no way I was an Fi/Te user. Ti sounded like home, as natural as breathing, and I could observe Fe, but neither Fi nor Te. From there on the case was pretty clear.

I also underwent some changes during that period and am much closer to the "real me" now and more at peace with myself than I was a few years ago. I still resist the cold robot stereotype even though I remember incidents from early childhood onwards that could be interpreted as such. As a female and daughter of an ENTP mother and an INFJ father I have been all too well trained in Fe, which might distort the picture, but it is an aquired skill that complements Ti.

As others have stated before, I have always felt kind of at odds with traditional gender roles and knew something was different. The diagnosis "female INTP" actually helped explain a lot.

I remember reading somewhere:
    INFP - fluffy on the outside, fluffy on the inside
    INFJ - cold on the outside, fluffy on the inside
    INTP - fluffy on the outside, cold on the inside
    INTJ - cold on the outside, cold on the inside

Present company excluded!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I'm a female (although I've been mistaken for a male on here!) and I agree with all of this except I'm not as clear on the T. T/F are pretty close and I relate alot to certain aspects of F.
    Yeah...I thought I was close on T/F myself for awhile, but since my ideas about what that represents became more refined I decided I'm not as close as I once thought. As @Red Herring said, Ti really felt like home when I read about it, more than anything else. YMMV of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    When I first took the test it came out INTP. But since the person who had given me the link also got INTP (and rightfully so as I now know) I hesitated, thought it odd and tried again, being stricter with myself - was I really a robot? It came out INFP. After that the results tended to be INXP.
    Lol, I've done similar stuff so many times - I would read a description and start thinking of the ways it may not apply, and then the next time I took the test I'd keep those exceptions on my mind because I wanted to "make sure" I wasn't being biased or something...and I'd end up erring in the opposite direction.

I think my INTJ-ness stems mostly from extreme Ni with distinct lack of Fe. Ha. BUT! Cognitive tests actually put my Fi well in line with my Te. I also have a fairly balanced Te/Ti, actually. The reason why INTJ fits most is the Ni dominant/primary sans the Fe. Since Te/Ti seem to be so close, that could call INTP into question. But I am not working with Ne even remotely close to the extreme way I apparently work with Ni. So I do have a lot of introverted feeling happening but insofar as the whole collective picture goes...I am Ni/Te/Fi and thus an INTJ. Maybe just looking at the surface of INTJ was not entirely resonant because there are some funny stereotypes going on with that. Most of it I could relate to, nonetheless. I just didn't think I was bereft of feelings, which is accurate. Of course, my ability to express such feelings can be questionable. That's why I write bad poetry and shut up.

I like what you ladies have said. It resonates.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

When I first took the test it came out INTP. But since the person who had given me the link also got INTP (and rightfully so as I now know) I hesitated, thought it odd and tried again, being stricter with myself - was I really a robot? It came out INFP.
    If you want stereotypes, INTJs are robots. INTPs are absent-minded professors.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Roses View Post
    So I do have a lot of introverted feeling happening but insofar as the whole collective picture goes...I am Ni/Te/Fi and thus an INTJ. Maybe just looking at the surface of INTJ was not entirely resonant because there are some funny stereotypes going on with that. Most of it I could relate to, nonetheless. I just didn't think I was bereft of feelings, which is accurate. Of course, my ability to express such feelings can be questionable. That's why I write bad poetry and shut up.
    INTJs are hardly bereft of feelings, or values. This stereotype has far fewer grains of truth in it than most. The inability, even unwillingness to express our feelings is common, however, which is why it can look to others that we simply don't have them.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post

INTJs are hardly bereft of feelings, or values. This stereotype has far fewer grains of truth in it than most. The inability, even unwillingness to express our feelings is common, however, which is why it can look to others that we simply don't have them.

Yes, absolutely about the feelings, values. Unwillingness and inability are familiar. I like to think I have gotten better about expressing my feelings in a coherent manner as I have gotten older. This is a good thing. However, much of the time I am more interested in telling someone what I am thinking than what I am feeling and that's just a fact.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Oh, I was born an absent-minded professor

Legend has it my toddler self would put on the right shoe, think, put on the left shoe, think and then take off the right shoe because I had forgotten of I was coming or going. Also asking a lot of questions and treating adults like equals, lol. Apparently I was very precocious (or however you would translate altklug - a Term used for intelligent children who try to sound older and smarter than they are and act like little wannabe-adults)
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Apparently I was very precocious (or however you would translate altklug - a Term used for intelligent children who try to sound older and smarter than they are and act like little wannabe-adults)
    I object to this aspect of your definition. I simply wanted to take part in the conversation and was called 'vorlaut' and 'altklug' for it.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I object to these parts. I simply wanted to take part in the conversation and was called 'vorlaut' and 'altklug' for it.
    you kindergarten-zeitgeist-eigenform ! Ok that made no sense.

To the op: judging from the way you speak and from my experience in the past, you strike me as a young intj female.

I guess key to being a T female is to not isolate oneself from the rest of people just because one thinks one is different. Same applies for F males. the T and F inclination being more maleish or femaleish is just a society made-up thing and one should try to look at it objectively and not get dragged into the superficial society that measures femininty with new Botox lips.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Altklugheit

Als altklug (Adjektiv) (auch Altklugheit) bezeichnet der allgemeine Sprachgebrauch eine angeblich frühreife, manchmal auch vorlaute Äußerung eines Kindes oder eines Jugendlichen.[1] Das nicht steigerbare Adjektiv gilt, gegenüber dem Kind selbst ausgesprochen, als die milde Form eines Tadels, da dessen Meinungsäußerungen oder auch Charakterzüge lediglich klug erscheinen, etwa, weil es dafür noch gar nicht genug Welt- und Lebenskenntnis haben könne. Der Tadel kann dann Hochbegabte ebenso wie Nachplapperer oder Blender treffen.

Die Bezeichnung „altklug“ kann sich beziehen auf

die allgemeine Erscheinung, das Gehabe eines Kindes, das scheinbar klüger ist als es seinem Alter entspricht[2]
    bestimmte Antworten
    Blicke, die aufgrund Situationen oder Reden erfolgen

Zitat
    Thomas Mann bezeichnete die Altklugheit in seinem Werk Buddenbrooks als „unkindliche Klugheit“, als „jenes ernsthafte Gefühl vorzeitiger Erfahrenheit ... das man Altklugheit nennt.“
    I think it can apply both to truely mature children and wannabes and do agree that it can be a comfortable and lazy reaction to exclude them from conversation or put them in their place.
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

I think there has been way too much made out of INT's ability or inability to have emotions. There are INTJ's for example on this forum who say they hardly feel anything at all and others who say that they are emotional but keep it inside.Truthfully I don'tt hink MBTI has much to do with how emotional you are at all. Enneagram is a better system in terms of describing someone's emotional/unemotional tendancies.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors