User Tag List

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Default INTP and Falling in love

This is not a romantic "does he love me post"

Q:

INTP - How do you process the feeling of being on love?

My theory: Love is inherently something that feels "out of control", based on that it acts on the dopamine receptors and makes us feel drugged. I feel "stupid" and expect that it feels the same for INTP. I don't always like this state. Assuming the reaction is even stronger for such a rational group.

If true, is it an emotional state that you enjoy?
    How did you get past/deal with this?
    Do you tend to "run" when it happens mistaking the feeling for something bad/wrong?

I know many and love (platonic and romantic) most INTP I meet, but notice most struggle with being "in love".

Like to understand why this is so hard!

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by stormyapril View Post
    This is not a romantic "does he love me post"
    Thank goodness! Because if that was the case the "correct" answer (at least for my current state of mind) is run away! Run away!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Depends. I do love the "drugged feeling" as such. BUT...
    If I have the impression that the feeling is reciprocated and the outlook is positive I enjoy the ride! (and try very, very hard not to worry and doubt too much)
    If I have the impression that the feeling might not be reciprocated or that the outlook might be negative for whatever reason it is scary and I feel horribly out of control.

Being out of control and depending on the - irrational and sometimes hard to predict! - emotions of another person is tough for the INTP (and probably most e5s).

Also, please remember that many INTps with their inferior Fe have a very raw, roughcut, unpolished, often childlike approach to these kind of emotions. Those I have met IRL don't fall easily but when they fall they fall hard and that often leadsto a sense of helplessness.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Depends. I do love the "drugged feeling" as such. BUT...
    If I have the impression that the feeling is reciprocated and the outlook is positive I enjoy the ride! (and try very, very hard not to worry and doubt too much)
    If I have the impression that the feeling might not be reciprocated or that the outlook might be negative for whatever reason it is scary and I feel horribly out of control.

Being out of control and depending on the - irrational and sometimes hard to predict! - emotions of another person is tough for the INTP (and probably most e5s).

Also, please remember that many INTps with their inferior Fe have a very raw, roughcut, unpolished, often childlike approach to these kind of emotions. Those I have met IRL don't fall easily but when they fall they fall hard and that often leadsto a sense of helplessness.
    This exactly.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

If I have the impression that the feeling might not be reciprocated or that the outlook might be negative for whatever reason it is scary and I feel horribly out of control. it gets squashed, with time very effectively so.
    edited for personalization
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Falling in love with the universe? Yes! Falling in love with people? No!