• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] Challenges in everyday life for ENTJ

Opinatia

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I am an ENTJ and study in High School. I have good grades, good friends, good economic and family situation but I am bored. The school work is easy and does not stimulate me. I do participate as a board member in some youth organisations but it do not give me much intellectual stimulating. I have studied and study other things at home like language, philosophy and politics. Sometimes I really like it but due to my extraversion I become bored when I study completely alone all the days. As an ENTJ I would like to work with challenges with others, which is what I will do after school. But now, I would prefer to be more like an INTJ and get motivated to study and work on my own. Do you have any tips for an ENTJ who wants to be more like a INTJ?

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You cannot really become closer to an INTJ, but there are several things that could help get you out of everyday routine.

No true NT can live a fun life with no intellectual stimulation, of course, but you probably need to focus a bit more on the fun side of things. Try your hands at a sport, go partying, play a video game or two when you get tired, stuff like that.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I am an ENTJ and study in High School. I have good grades, good friends, good economic and family situation but I am bored. The school work is easy and does not stimulate me. I do participate as a board member in some youth organisations but it do not give me much intellectual stimulating. I have studied and study other things at home like language, philosophy and politics. Sometimes I really like it but due to my extraversion I become bored when I study completely alone all the days. As an ENTJ I would like to work with challenges with others, which is what I will do after school. But now, I would prefer to be more like an INTJ and get motivated to study and work on my own. Do you have any tips for an ENTJ who wants to be more like a INTJ?

There aren't some college courses you could take while still in HS or AP classes? You can't become an introvert if you are an extrovert just *snap* like that. Maybe a network group thing that could motivate each other? Sports, other extracurricular stuff?

Working On It

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
My ENTJ chose a field that stimulates his passion for life. He spent his younger years learning everything there was to know about it. Now he is at the top of his field helping the next generation embrace the excitement he has experienced. He never has a dull day.

I am an INTJ. I'm quietly in my studio everyday planning, developing, studying, brainstorming, etc. We are very different in how we express ourselves, and rejuvenate. We are the same in our passion for our life's work.

Be happy in who you are. Find what you love and the rest will fall into place.

Netochka

MBTI Type
INTJ
Because you are an ENTJ, it means that you extrovert your judging function. Because you are actually an extrovert, it means that your dominant function is extroverted thinking, and your auxiliary is introverted intuition.

This means, that as an ENTJ that the primary driver for the way you see the world is extroverted thinking. Whereas, for an INTJ (whose primary is introverted intuition, and the auxiliary is extroverted thinking) the primary driver is the aforesaid introverted intuition.

These two are very different from each other and are fundamental to the way each type operates. You cannot and will never be an INTJ.

With that said, though, it sounds like you want to take on an action that INTJ's are comfortable and skilled with, study alone. And that is easily enough done (as long as you take care to recharge your batteries by taking breaks and associating with people to fill your extrovert tank, so to speak).

Although, actually, reading your post again, I don't know that this is a great or effective strategy for you. You are not going to stop becoming bored and unenergized when alone for too long.

Perhaps check with other schools in your area and see if you can find some like minded students to start some sort of club in a subject matter that interests and challenges you.

Another option would be to see if you could enroll in a University class or two (but be selective, there are sadly, plenty of University courses that aren't much more difficult than high school courses).

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
I'd focus less on the academic BS and more on what you seem to be interested, the organizations you are a part of.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I understand what you mean. Most jobs, especially entry-level, require nowadays little human interaction - everything is done through a computer.

I personally just pester my colleagues.